• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use your Riolu?

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I didn't use it in my main in-game team, but I did hatch it so I could get a Pokedex page registered... I did end up evolving it post game, along with many other Pokemon I was evolving for the Dex, by giving an Exp. Share and grinding at the league.

Emburn

<3
Years
I really didn't know much about Lucario when I got the Riolu, but I thought it was a legendary, so I did train him a lot and evolved him and Lucario really did wreck.

Years
Riolu was a huge part of my team in diamond it was a funny story no lie. It hatched shiny!
No lie. So yeah, its the one you see in my trainer card. It was my first shiny (Which at the time I actually didn't know anything about shinys) so i thought it was too precious to keep in a box so I gave it an exp. share and know its level 94. :)

Years
Fortunately, I just got it hatched from the given egg. And of course, I will need to raise it to have a strong team. Currently I have a 49 Empoleon and 48 Rapidash which are the strongest in my team hence I need to use it.

BillyTheBumGamez

Keep calm and FUS RO DAH!
Years
Oh man! I never thought about it in ages! Well I got the egg before beating the gym leader at canalave. After I transferred my L.G. & EM pkmn I was all set! But my favorite other then (Charizard) is Lucario so I wanted to train it soo bad. So I just got him to Lv.50! (he's O.P man!)

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
The team that I did have, I had no room for Riolu, so I just left him in the box. And there today he still sits.

KawaiiFutureFriend

Friend of the People
Years
I always wanted to use Riolu so bad. But I never learned how to evolve it, and to this day I still don't know how to evolve it. I don't think I ever do want to know, in the grim chance that I might accidentally figure out how to do it one of these days.

krabbypatz93

August Burns Red FTW
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
Yeah, it was kind of a pain for me, but I went through the trouble of raising it up to level with the rest of team, took awhile to get it up to the 30-40's where everyone else was at, but it was always worth it .

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
Years
Nah that Riolu egg came into the picture after my team was fully formed. Pretty terrible timing, because Lucario is obviously an attractive option to any team. That's why I was happy to see it early on in B/W 2.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
I used it in platinum, it was actually a big part of my team later, and I used it to defeat the elite four.

#expshare

Years
I used it. Somewhat... It was like level 20 before I put him into the PC box. I might come back to it though.

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
Lucario is one of my favourite pokemon and that egg is the reason. Despite the level gap, it's not like it took all that much work to bring him up to speed with the rest of my team and upon doing so I didn't regret it.

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
Years
On my first playthrough of diamond, I tried training him. I only got him to level 20 before I realized it would take to long for him to catch up with my Level 40 team. I also chose Chimchar, which meant I already had a pokémon with fighting moves.

However, on the playthrough I am working on right now, I am considering training him because my team can use a good fighting/steel type to fill in the 6th slot in my team. It's going to be between him and my Onyx (whom I am Considering evolving into a steelix, I have trained him since after the first gym battle). But, I am probably going to save the metal coat so I can get a Scizor, so it's a tough choice. I think I will try training him with the Vs. Seeker on this playthrough. Maybe I'll trade him into X/Y (if possible) to use later on.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
I did once! He was a good member of my team, filling in the fighting gap I had and had a nice secondary type. I pretty much grinded until he evolved when he was like level 28 or 29. He caught up pretty quickly, especially because he carried my team for the next two gyms.

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
Years
Okay, here is a quick update. I just went through Iron Island on my current Diamond playthrough and picked up my Riolu egg. I am going to hatch it and train it into a Lucario and probably switch my Onyx out with it. I will tell you if it is worth doing if you would like, but it is going to take some time to get this little guy up to speed. I can probably use him in the Ice-Type gym.

Agous

Solid Mercury?
Years
I never used a Riolu until I had completeed the game and already had a formidable team. I used one on BW2. But on DPP, Lucario isnt that good. You have to invest many TM's on it and its power wont OHKO anything before it gets OHKO'd itslef.

Back