• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strange addiction?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
oooor addictive behavior or patterns? Do you have any?

I'm addicted to making new usernames. I must have at least 300 at this point.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I would call this strange, more like extremely common; I bite my nails. My nails, I'd say are less that 1cm long, that's how bad I bite them. I don't really do it because I'm nervous, or hungry, I just...[enjoy?] biting them? I really would like to stop, since they look ugly, but I can't, haha. I remember I stopped for about a month or so last Christmas/Summer break. I resorted to picking them and that turned out to be much worse than the original habit of mine. I'd pick the skin off and it'd sting like hell. I eventually went back into the habit of biting my nails and haven't really tried stopping ever since. I suppose I'll stop one day...but in a way...that's just a part of me.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
[Removing these because all of PC doesn't need to know.]

More of a habit, but I make dumb faces when drawing. Usually to fit the expression of whatever I'm drawing. I end up sitting here, snarling at the computer if whatever I'm drawing is irritated, etc. :x

I use my teeth to rip the skin off my lips, sometimes to the point of it bleeding.

I have a habit of pushing my hair into my face to sort of hide behind it. Only on one side, though; otherwise it just feels unnatural.

This is a more recent habit. I keep messing with my left ear. It's slightly deformed (not enough to be visible, but if I run my thumb across that part, I can feel it), but I never noticed it until a few weeks ago. But yeah, whenever I remember, I feel the need to run my thumb over that part of my ear.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
One strange habit is obsessing over my many problems, I find it's not easy for me to ush them aside and not think about them all day which is bound to be bad for me. Another strange habit is messing with this one particular tooth that is at a strange position in my mouth that annoys me to death, I really just want to straighten my teeth so it'll move >_>
Im also addicted to checking my forum profile continuously to see if any new visitors are on the list, I dunno why its just weird.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I can't stop drawing these stupid Nido Pokemon. I'll be in my 70's still drawing these goofs. It's not that I won't draw other things, and given that I don't do much fan art of anything these days, it's amazing how much drive I have to hammer out a Nidoanybody piece of art.

They're like my guilty pleasure of fictional animals.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I draw eyes a lot... dunno why, you can find them on almost every page in my notebook.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I wouldn't call this strange, but I like to fight with people when I'm bored. At the end, when boredom says goodbye, I apologize and explain why I even fought them.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
My addiction is going through my Yu-Gi-Oh! card collections and I just try to make combos and build a deck, then I'd just place them somewhere and I'd go take the deck back and build another one.

wait does that count?

Years
I stay on the internet for too long, and I browse way too many Pokemon forums. And on top of that, I get way too addicted to making new signatures for me to use here and on Ever Grande.

Also, in terms of PC, I check my profile way too much. I just love how funny it looks right now.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i can't stop coloring pics in my textbooks, making moustaches and all xD XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm addicted to reorganizing my room, calculating my budget on a nightly basis, and hunting for anime girl fanart on various sites like Pixiv.

And one addiction that is costing me money is requesting deviantArt commissions for art pieces (mostly of Pokemon girls, including my own). There goes about $150 a year, lol.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
It's not really strange, but I'm addicted to cracking all the joints in my body. A lot of people do this so it's kinda boring, but I'll crack my knuckles three different ways, my neck two different ways, my knees, my toes, my upper and lower back.

I just love the feeling and the sound of that little pop.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I tend to have a strange addiction to drawing random pictures in my notebook, I always wonder what my teachers think when they check my notebook xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I wouldn't call these addictions as much as I'd call them habits, but...

- I bite my nails constantly...apparently that's a sign of OCD?
- I like to arrange things and clean them, but this doesn't happen as often as it used to
- I give a lot of random things names, and naming is important to me
- I walk on my toes without realizing

That's all I can think of for now. I can tell you an absolute addiction, though. I LOVE Taco Bell.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
I'm an entirely normal person.

Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I'm constantly shaking my leg. I've had people to tell me to stop bouncing around my leg and I didn't even notice. D: I'm jacked up on caffeine, what can I say?

As for obsessions in general... I constantly look up Borderlands, Korra, or Sonic fanart on Tumblr or Pixiv. I have binders and binders of this stuff.

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
- I bite my nails
- I sing without realizing it
- I chew the flesh on my right hand
- I sleep-walk/perform random activities
- I give away anything when asked, without even thinking about it (it's a strange issue, I simply do not like saying no, but enjoy giving things away [I suppose that marks it as an addiction])

Addendum:
- I obsessively organized everything around me (In alphabetical, than by color, than by size & lastly by date of origin)

Last edited:
Back