• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where are Hilda and Hilbert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I was on that website that shows you all the animated sprites from BW2, and there are 2 sprites each that represent the original BW trainers. Where do you think Hilda and Hilbert are? Are they still searching for N, or are they traveling around Unova just out of your reach?

Also, on the second sprite they each had some kind of device on their arm... What is that thing?

147.gif
146.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I don't know if Hilda and Hilbert return in B2W2; it seems like those animated sprites are simply for battles where the opponent is playing with BW.

As for their device, it's a Wonder Launcher, which basically allows you to use items in some Infrared/Wi-fi battles.

Now, as for where they could be, in the post-game you can
Spoiler:

But who knows, maybe they will be in the gen 6 region! ;3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hilbert and Hilda have battle sprites because you can battle them on the old games. I think Rosa and Nate will appear as Hilda/Hilbert when you battle against the old games though.

Either way they are only there for Wifi battles. Neither are in the actual game.

Years
Hilbert and Hilda have battle sprites because you can battle them on the old games. I think Rosa and Nate will appear as Hilda/Hilbert when you battle against the old games though.

Either way they are only there for Wifi battles. Neither are in the actual game.

Yes, Nate/Rosa will appear as Hilbert/Hilda when you battle against B/W.

They don't appear in the game but the sprites are there for the connectivity reasons. I guess that's why they made animated sprites for them.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
It would be cool to see them in B2/W2. Unfortunately, we can only dream.

Bubbles987

Ace Trainer
Years
Dead? No, no. I'm kidding ;) (Why do I always guess that?)
Maybe they got the rest of Unova badges and went to a new region? I mean, excluding second gen., where do any of the characters go?

Years
If anything, I'm expecting them to show up in a Wi-Fi event, sort of like how Giovanni did in HG/SS. I mean, if N is back in Unova, then surely Hilbert/Hilda would know by now...unless they were working with Looker/International Police/other form of authority, in which case they could very well be on the other side of the world by now >_> Because let's be honest, the authorities in the Pokemon world don't seem to be the brightest or most effective bunch.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It's interesting that Hs are looking for N and N was actually looking for them...
Maybe they aren't destined to meet and that's why N is in Unova while those 2 are in Hoenn or somewhere else.

Years
It's interesting that Hs are looking for N and N was actually looking for them...
Maybe they aren't destined to meet and that's why N is in Unova while those 2 are in Hoenn or somewhere else.

Which begs the question. Black and White 3.. in Hoenn? Yay or nay?
Maybe that could be a RSE re-make but have Hilbert and Hilda mentioned as well as May and Brendan.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021

SPOILER ALERT
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Someone (I think Cheren) says that both heroes of the legendaries are off someplace with them.
Of course we get to meet N, so I assume the B/W protagonist is travelling the world.

But why are they now animated? Or were they always?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Someone (I think Cheren) says that both heroes of the legendaries are off someplace with them.
Of course we get to meet N, so I assume the B/W protagonist is travelling the world.

But why are they now animated? Or were they always?

I would assume because all the trainer sprites are animated. Why animate all but two?

Pinta77

Wierd. I thought the characters from b2 w2 were suppossed to be the same ones from black and white. They look awfully similar.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
SPOILER ALERT
Spoiler:
To answer a spoiler with a spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Thanks all for your answers and interesting theories!!

I'd love to see an anime series about HH hunting down N or something... Would be so much better than Pokemon is now. -.-

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
If you talk to Hilbert/Hilda's mother, you find out where they are in BW2

Spoiler:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Hilda/Hilbert took their Legendary Dragon to Sinnoh. They must battle Giratina in the Reverse World to correct the seasons. (because currently the seasons are only a month long.)

It would be SO AWESOME to battle YOURSELF via Unova Link. It could take pokemon from your battle box, or from your first Elite Four Clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back