• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Easter Eggs...?

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Have you guys noticed any Easter eggs in the game? Well, what I've seen is-

~(I saw this on memebase) Elesa's three fellow models are named Nikola, Ampere, and Fleming. They're names of scientists that worked with electricity.

~(Noticed this myself) If you explore the ledge where Alder jumps outside Flocessy Town, and use the Dowsing Machine, you'll find an Expert Belt in the exact spot where Alder was standing. This implies that Alder's belt came loose when he jumped.

Have any more?

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
It was Nikola, Ampère and Fleming. By far my favorite reference in the game. :D I haven't noticed any other easter eggs, though. :<

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Thanks!

Tbh, that reference made me mad, because I think those awesome scientists deserve a much more awesome representation than AIRHEAD MODELS...wait. that's the (stereotypical) joke. Oh.

Also, I've had this fantasy that there would be a really epic steampunk-themed Gym Leader in Gen 6 named Nikola...:P

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
Thanks!

Tbh, that reference made me mad, because I think those awesome scientists deserve a much more awesome representation than AIRHEAD MODELS...wait. that's the (stereotypical) joke. Oh.

Also, I've had this fantasy that there would be a really epic steampunk-themed Gym Leader in Gen 6 named Nikola...:P

Not all models are the typical airheads...

There was the ruby and sapphire gems on the arms of Elesa

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Not all models are the typical airheads...

There was the ruby and sapphire gems on the arms of Elesa

I don't see any gems on her arms. I know she has the Red and Blue Earphones and a Red and a Blue shoe that complements her Polarity motif from the last design.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The PWT building when you enter it sort of looks like Kyogre (but if you were too see the whole building it does not).
Also the colors of the Badge confirmation path are brownish yellow and blue which made me think it was an easter egg for Groudon (Ground is usually represented by brownish yellow) and Kyogre (Water). And the obvious Magma and Water differences in Reversal Mountains.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
The PWT building when you enter it sort of looks like Kyogre (but if you were too see the whole building it does not).
Also the colors of the Badge confirmation path are brownish yellow and blue which made me think it was an easter egg for Groudon (Ground is usually represented by brownish yellow) and Kyogre (Water). And the obvious Magma and Water differences in Reversal Mountains.

I don't think any of those things are references to Hoenn, lol.

Now that I think about it, there was an interesting reference one of the trainers make in Reversal Mountain. After you beat a battle girl in a triple battle and talk to her she calls her 3-Pokemon fighting style "Jet Stream Attack" which is a combat formation in Mobile Suit Gundam.

Years
It was Nikola, Ampère and Fleming. By far my favorite reference in the game. :D I haven't noticed any other easter eggs, though. :<

I noticed in Elesa and Skyla's Memory Link scene that there is a reference to Airplane!. It's when Elesa says "And don't call me Shirley!".

I also loved the reference with the three models names, being named after scientists who worked in electricity = Nikola Tesla, John Ambrose Fleming and Andre-Marie Ampere. Never even noticed that naming theme until I read TV Tropes.

Also, that guitarist in Roxie's Gym is named Billy Jo, which is probably a reference to Green Day's Billy Joe Armstrong.

There's also a Rocky reference going with two Black Belt trainers, named Rocky (duh) and Drago.

Three of the Pokestar Studios directors are named after John Carpenter, David Lynch and Takashi Miike. Even some of the movies' titles have references, notably being A Tale Of Two Cities, The Reluctant Dragon, Rip Van Winkle, Gulliver's Travels, Encyclopedia Brown and Alice In Wonderland.

And there's an artist named Gough who has a Sunflora on his team, referencing Vincent van Gogh and his famous "Sunflowers" painting.

Trust me, TV Tropes caught a lot of references in the game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Here are some that Hikari never mentioned:
-Fullmetal Cop is a reference to Robocop and Fullmetal Jacket
-The Big Monster movies featuring the Robo-Tyranitar are references to Mechagodzilla
-Ghost Eraser is a reference to Ghostbusters and HP Lovecraft.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
I don't know how much of a reference it is but some (maybe all) of the Mulches from the Hidden Grottos have this text in their description,

"A fertilizer to be spread on soft soil in regions where berries are grown."

If I remember correctly, Hoenn was the first region to let you plant berries, although Johto let you harvest them. I have a feeling either these mulches are tradable or they will reappear in the proposed remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.

Skyarrow Bridge is also 386 steps long. (This was in B/W, I haven't been on it for my White 2, yet.)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't know how much of a reference it is but some (maybe all) of the Mulches from the Hidden Grottos have this text in their description,

"A fertilizer to be spread on soft soil in regions where berries are grown."

If I remember correctly, Hoenn was the first region to let you plant berries, although Johto let you harvest them. I have a feeling either these mulches are tradable or they will reappear in the proposed remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.

Skyarrow Bridge is also 386 steps long. (This was in B/W, I haven't been on it for my White 2, yet.)

Mulch originates from Sinnoh, so if you were linking it to a Hoenn based reference, it isn't. Its a Sinnoh reference.

If you played through Strange House you'll notice that the ghost girl is the one from Marvel Bridge. She makes references to having to move away from her Abra and Nightmares. She is given a charm which was the lunar wing and says something about a place she used to live far away.

I'm thinking the games link the Ghost girl from Sinnoh and Ghost girl from Unova.

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2013
Sabrina reappears as an actress at PokeStar Studios. I thought this was cool. Also, the TR grunt in Black and White has been replaced by a Magma and Aqua grunt.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
There's a swimmer in Himilau City just above the gym. If you talk to her, she mentions how she loves swimming because it makes her feal like a mermaid, after which she also mentions that there is a meremaid-like gym leader in Kanto.

I know a lot of people want a Ruby/Sapphire remake, and that there's already been a Red/Blue remake, but I'd rather see Red and Blue done in the Gen 5 format. Although a Ruby/Sapphire remake wouldn't be that bad, I suppose... lol :D

Years
Not sure if anyone of you noticed this:
There is a female trainer at level 8 of the Black Tower who says that she's fast as lightning and in fact it's a little bit frightening. That was in reference to the lyrics of Carl Douglas' Kung Fu Fighting

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
There's a trainer in Pinwheel Forest who says "Everybody, SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!!", which could be a reference to South Park.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
There's a trainer in Pinwheel Forest who says "Everybody, SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!!", which could be a reference to South Park.

I don't sit that as a reference to South Park, anyone can say Sit down and Shut up. Anyone.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
In Driftveil City's Gym there was a digger who said:'when i say dig you say how low'
It is a reference to Florida's Jump ''When I say jump, you say how high''but fitting to the dig.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I don't think any of those things are references to Hoenn, lol.

Now that I think about it, there was an interesting reference one of the trainers make in Reversal Mountain. After you beat a battle girl in a triple battle and talk to her she calls her 3-Pokemon fighting style "Jet Stream Attack" which is a combat formation in Mobile Suit Gundam.

The magma and water differences in Reversal Mountain are huge references to Ruby and Sapphire, lol...

It's not an Easter egg, but I love how Professor Juniper evolves her Minccino into Cinccino *u*

Also, one of the preschoolers on Route 3 says the same thing he said in BW, something like "Let's go! Hyper Beam!!"​

Back