• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
The download link is down, guys. Dx

Actually... just click here and it's all yours. ;)

Just remember guys, since that DNS server has been down for quite a while, just remember to use the "http://luho.lvps83-169-42-20.dedicated.hosteurope.de/" Domain Name. As it pretty much says in the first post of this thread.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Actually... just click here and it's all yours. ;)

Just remember guys, since that DNS server has been down for quite a while, just remember to use the "http://luho.lvps83-169-42-20.dedicated.hosteurope.de/" Domain Name. As it pretty much says in the first post of this thread.

OH sweet thanks. :I

-proceeds to download-

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Ok a few questions, one why are all the buttons on the toolbar pictures messed up? like one wil say its for something else and then go somewhere else. and why cant i edit the world map with amap anymore? it was always so helpfull...

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2015
Hello, I know that Lu-Ho is no longer active, but I have a question for all of you.

Whenever I save a map as a .map file on a un-edited FireRed save file, it says "Access violation" and then freezes. Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I am a total dork. I have version 1.0.5. No wonder it was way buggier than I remember it.

DOUBLE EDIT: Even in version 1.9.5 it says "Access Violation" but it hasn't frozen. I'll have to try with a new map file, though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2013
Hi! I've only just started mapping, and I'm having some problems. My second map's just suddenly started coughing up this error:

ERROR: (EReadBehindEndOfFile) AdvanceMapError(2): Cannot read bytes behind end of file! Please contact [email protected]

(I haven't contacted Lu-Ho because apparently he's no longer active online?)

I'm using AdvanceMap1.9.5, but I tried opening the map in 1.9.2 and it elaborated a bit:

Access violation at address 004C3309B in module "AdvanceMap.exe". Read of address 00554004.

I looked around online and a few places said to overwrite the map with itself by inserting it into its own slot with the insert tool, but that didn't help; I just keep getting the same message. I duplicated it by inserting it in another blank spot, but the same error kept occurring and now I have two identical faulty maps.

None of the other maps are affected. The game loads and plays normally, but crashes when I get to the bugged map. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Is it possible that you modified it in a Hex Editor? Check the filesize of your ROM. If it isn't exactly 16MB to the exact byte, then most likely, something went wrong.

Also, I would advise for you to make backups of your ROM often, if you do not already. That way, whenever something goes wrong, you can revert to the last backup and not lose much work.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2013
Yeah, I only edited it in AM and the file is exactly 16mB. :( That's okay! I'll just remember to back up more often in future. Thanks for your help.

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
once i open,i select city,in item box it show [&h3f][&h3f][&h3f] ..... how to fix it ?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
GUYS, YOU SHOULD REALLY USE ADVANCE MAP 1.92 SINCE THIS VERSION IS JUST AN UNFINISHED BETA WITH A LOT OF ERRORS. SO THINK TWICE BEFORE USING THIS.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 16, 2014
This helped me so much making my hack, its no joke its the best thing in rom hacking

(ps I am half way into alpha in a mater of days because of this)

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Firstly, Does this program contain any viruses or malware?

I am planning on making a hack of FireRed, so I will need this, I had it before, but, my computers containing it died, however, my first computer had this for almost a year before it died and my emachine died shortly after it was downloaded.

Frosty~

Pancakes are a girl's BFF
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2021
Firstly, Does this program contain any viruses or malware?

I am planning on making a hack of FireRed, so I will need this, I had it before, but, my computers containing it died, however, my first computer had this for almost a year before it died and my emachine died shortly after it was downloaded.

I'm inferring that you're saying that Advance Map 1.95 killed your computers, which is kinda funny to me, but probably not to you. I don't think it has viruses, but just so you know....

GUYS, YOU SHOULD REALLY USE ADVANCE MAP 1.92 SINCE THIS VERSION IS JUST AN UNFINISHED BETA WITH A LOT OF ERRORS. SO THINK TWICE BEFORE USING THIS.

1: Advance map 1.95 just randmoly throws your data wherever it wants, which is why it's unsafe. It's just a beta that wasn't ever done.

Map connections need to be set up on each map. So set it up on map B as well.
Use advance map 1.92.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I'm inferring that you're saying that Advance Map 1.95 killed your computers, which is kinda funny to me, but probably not to you. I don't think it has viruses, but just so you know....

No, I am not entirely blaming AM1.95, I did have lots of programs and wasn't careful, I'm just being sure.

Links aren't working!!

Last edited:
Back