• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

Precisely. It's got more to do with one's mindset and in some cases personal background than one would initially think.
I never got to watch any old anime when I was younger. I grew up with Pokémon, but that hardly counts. :P
So that, together with my own fascination with graphics and art, means I'm very picky with art in anime. Which can get in the way of the entertainment. :(

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Art wise I tend to like the older stuff more. All decades have their good and bad but that bishoujo game, super clean look anime has right now is not for me.

Actual animation quality hasn't really gone up that much, I think right at the end of the 90s animation quality was at it's high.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

Since the idealistic, super clean gradienty look is what I pretty much exposed to from the start, I don't have much problem with the style.
It's true that animation quality hasn't gotten "better". It has however gotten easier to produce good-looking stuff.

I eagerly await when anime will start taking the more stylistic and... "fluid" route. Because I think that's where we're headed. It's probably (in my head) going to try to imitate reality more for a while, but then develop into a super-saturated style fest once the production techniques themselves reach their "peaks".

At this point it'll be very difficult to separate hand-drawn animation from computer generated, I'd guess.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Digital animation can still produce some nice results though, KyoAni prove that with every show they put out. Even the bad or average animation (without the bishoujo art) is nicer to look at than 100% CGI, looking on the bright side.

First or second art/animation wise, which one do you prefer? 1 is obviously the best singer so I won't ask that.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

In the future we won't be able to differentiate regular animation from CGI though. :3c
Whether that's a good or a bad thing is up to oneself to decide.

Regarding the first/second thing you talk about I have no idea what you mean.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I'm really admiring the art design in fate/Zero though. Splendid use of colours and lighting, and even the CGI looks incredibly good. If this is what anime will look like more and more, I can't say I'm complaining. :D

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Isn't that just I.G being I.G? Even back in the early 00s they had some pretty great CGI blending. See the second GitS opening. As far as digital animation goes those guys really do make the best of it.

Bz1mVHd.jpg

It's time.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I'm pretty much up to date, just my Sasami-san (I am so not motivated to watch the rest of this) and
Spoiler:

I also started rewatching Guilty Crown the other day, that'll probably take months.

It's only 12 now so maybe I'll watch something new. Excitement.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I'll probably never indulge in Guilty Crown again, though the soundtrack is doing very well on my iPod to this day.

First episode of Sasami-san got me really excited, but now that they're explaining things it's losing its charm somewhat.
I have very little on my watch list this season, which is great. Most of the stuff is just continuation from autumn.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

The games, that horrible cgi is one way anime could go in the future.

This season is pretty decent for me, especially as I thought it was going to be awful.

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman - Fun, love the art and music, characters are fun and the story is showing potential.
Gintama - Finally started animating the Courtesan of a Nation Arc.
Inferno Cop - Inferno Cop/10
Kotoura-san - I thought the suffering was over ;__;
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - Potatoes are delicious.
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai - Art.

Also Shuppuden coming out of filler and Rock Lee continuing on another season.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

Oh yeah, Kotoura-san too. Thrilling first ep there too, hopefully it won't stop being great.
And Inferno cop is of course a must-watch for any anything-fan.

I didn't try feudal Lupin actually. Maybe I should've.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

The games, that horrible cgi is one way anime could go in the future.

Really? I think the CGI is amazing (especially XIII, those are some of the best cutscenes I've seen in a game). Heck, Final Fantasy has always had some of the most beautiful movies in gaming, especially FFVIII and IX when they were new. I mean, say what you will about the games, but since VIII the CGI has always been beautiful. It's not the way I'd want all or most anime to go, but beautiful nonetheless.

As for anime that I'm looking forward to...Kizumonogatari? That's pretty much it. I usually see good anime months or even (usually) years after they come out- and not on purpose, it just happens that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back