• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Art of RNG [RNG Guide & Discussion]

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
@ Venusawr:

Whenever you change the time and/or date in your console, you have to wait 24 hours before you can tuck in a Pokemon again.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Aaaah, is it true that for Gen III RNG you have to hit an exact millisecond? Cuz if so, I'll never attempt it. I can't be asked for something like that >.<

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
1/60 of a second, but it's not that hard as it seems, really ;)

Birthday gift for TwilightBlade and my second Emerald Shiny egg:

FuzzyBlade (Zangoose) ♀
2.png
(lvl 5)
335.gif
004.png

Nature: Adamant || Ability: Immunity || OT: GONZO (61325)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Body Slam|Counter|Thunder Wave|Double-Edge

T-Wave is III gen exclusive for Zangoose, lol.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
1/60 of a second, but it's not that hard as it seems, really ;)

Birthday gift for TwilightBlade and my second Emerald Shiny egg:

FuzzyBlade (Zangoose) ♀
2.png
(lvl 5)
335.gif
004.png

Nature: Adamant || Ability: Immunity || OT: GONZO (61325)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Body Slam|Counter|Thunder Wave|Double-Edge

T-Wave is III gen exclusive for Zangoose, lol.

Blade is lucky, that's an awesome present! Gen III RNGing seems way to hard for me to do xD

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
So I herd u sayin' I won't be the first to post Deoxys abuse, ekhekhekhehehehe

Deoxys (lvl 100)
386-defense.gif
013.png

Nature: Calm/Bold || Ability: Pressure || OT: Plasma (05083)
IVs: 31/0/31/31/31/31
Nasty Plot|Dark Pulse|Recover|Psycho Boost

I've already changed its forme, since Bold on a non-Defence Forme Deoxys is useless.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Not sure if this is the right place for this.

Having trouble with RNGing a shiny egg (not fussed about IV's)

I've followed the steps above, but I don't ever seem to get a frame match, after a few attempts, I tried to find my parameters again, but it kept coming up with all the same numbers.

Anybody have any tips? Or am I maybe just missing my timer0 on the egg hatching bit?

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
I'm using white,

Can't upload Images, need more posts. Will upload once I have enough :)

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
you can always link them with spaces instead of dots, mods aren't mean or stupid (not 100% sure about this one, tho...*), they'll understand.

*ps. love you, guys :*

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
Years
My freshly RNG's Deoxys event. Careful nature can be used on Deoxys-S Scarf set. Since i do not have a shop or showcase yet i decided to post this here =).

386.gif
Deoxys Lvl 100
Nature: Careful • Ability: Pressure • OT: Plasma
Moves: Nasty Plot • Dark Pulse • Recover • Psycho Boost
IV's: 31/31/31/24/31/31​

Took me quite sometime to try and calibrate my W2 cart but with Gonzo's aid i was able to get this done and can hopefully do more W2 RNG's in the future =).

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Anybody know why my RNG Reporter has not picked up any shiny females in the 12.5% - category, with a specific nature. It also failed to get any non-shiny too, searched for the whole year.

Did a search for any nature, still not found any females....

tabor62

Years
Have you tried keypresses? Choosing them will give you a much bigger selection of seeds to choose from.
Spoiler:

Keypresses is where you hold certain buttons down right as the game starts up. You hold onto them until the Gamefreak Logo shows up. Depending on how many buttons you are willing to go up to, choose one, two, or three. In addition, some people have broken L and/or R buttons so they cannot do any seeds that require them. If you're one of those people, check the "Skip L/R buttons" box. Hope this helps.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
That hasn't fixed anything :( Still getting no results. It's getting to the point where there's over 2000 and 0 females when I change the gender ratio

tabor62

Years
Perhaps you could try changing the amount of months that you are searching though. In addition you could also change the year you want it to search through or increase the max amount of frames you are willing to advance.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Haven't changed the year, or the max advances past 300. I'll try that and see if it helps

Back