• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
I haven't used A-Map in a while, so I'm basing this on memory.

On the screen where you can change the town music, you can change the town's name. I'm pretty sure it was the last thing. Map, Movement Permissions, Events, Wild Pokemon, then the next one is the right screen.

AaronB

Noob Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
Thats how you change it but my problem is that when i insert it it is automaticaly called PALLET TOWN for some reason and when i change it using the name changer you said ALL the PALLET TOWN s change

ianmichael7

Pokemon Fayt Creator
Years
Quick Question... I'm working on an Emerald Hack... I want to change what Birch says in the beginning when you start a new game... is there a program I could use????

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Thats how you change it but my problem is that when i insert it it is automaticaly called PALLET TOWN for some reason and when i change it using the name changer you said ALL the PALLET TOWN s change
On the dropdown list, change PALLET TOWN to an unused name, like SEVII ISLE 24 or whatever, and then change THAT name.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
...I'm sorry, I'm kind of new in the hacking bussiness, so... What!? I know you're
trying to help but I can't understand it, could you be clearer?
add a person with advance map make it invisible (in sted of look right or left ect) the when what you want the person to disappear make the script in the person clear flag 205 and make the person id 205 and lets say you want the door to upen after you beet the second gym edit the seconed gmy leader script to say clear flag 0x205 hope I helped pm if you need more help

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Quick Question... I'm working on an Emerald Hack... I want to change what Birch says in the beginning when you start a new game... is there a program I could use????
A-Text, which I provided a download link here. Even though Emerald doesn't have an INI set up for it, you can use the search option to locate the text by searching the first word of his paragraphs.

I uploaded an INI file for you to use. This only works for (BPEE; Pokemon Emerald (E)), which is the rom I'm assuming you're using.

When you download A-text and extract it, you will notice an ini folder in your A-text folder. Place my INI file there.

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
hello...

I have a question about a text, I never used it before and I heard that it can screw up your rom...

I want to edit the beginning oak text, but when I get the "the legend" where he tells about all the stuff, it's a bunch of symbols and brackets and parantheses. I wondering if I erase this and over write it, it will screw up my game...

so is this the way to do it? erasing and overwriting the text? or is there another way?

edit: I also need to find out ow to edit the text where it says all the text like welcome to the world of pokemon and such

I just need my question answered...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I just need my question answered...

A-Text should work, you just have to be careful and backup your ROM often.
For instance, if you see that A-Text says a bunch of brackets and stuff, click the continue button. Just keep searching until you get it.
You could also use a Hex Editor with a table file though...

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
For instance, if you see that A-Text says a bunch of brackets and stuff, click the continue button. Just keep searching until you get it.
Yeah. Look for legible text. But if you know where the offset is, you can always revert it... o.O

School days again...
Years
Is a tile that has 16 colors are like the tiles of Kyledove, the DP player's house?

I repost it. Just to be sure but can I still insert the true colors but I think it's not 16 palettes.
How can I change the HP box, font of the text and the textbox?

Last edited:

AaronB

Noob Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
On the dropdown list, change PALLET TOWN to an unused name, like SEVII ISLE 24 or whatever, and then change THAT name.

Ok thanks, so none of the SEVII ISLE s are used? And when they are all changed, can you make new names because there is a thing under it saying

"Number of new names" with a box under it saying 5 and a "Create new name" Button to the right of it, but it is greyed out, how do you use it?

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years

okay, thanks. but do you know where I would get a table file?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Ok thanks, so none of the SEVII ISLE s are used? And when they are all changed, can you make new names because there is a thing under it saying

"Number of new names" with a box under it saying 5 and a "Create new name" Button to the right of it, but it is greyed out, how do you use it?

You can't use that button at all.

okay, thanks. but do you know where I would get a table file?

Well... I posted mine some posts ago. Just look for it.

AaronB

Noob Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
New question =D

Can someone PM me a link to Sappy and mid2agb , I can't find them anywhere =(

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
New question =D

Can someone PM me a link to Sappy and mid2agb , I can't find them anywhere =(

For Sappy, search an old post of mine as I gave the link there. MID2AGB instead can't be legally distributed as it's part of the official Nintendo Development Kit.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2012
Help with warps...

Just a quick question...

i put a video up on youtube but i can't post it cause this is my first post and i need 15 :( just search for pokemon hack help and look at the 5th one down. should be by klinkdawg.

when i go into the lakefront that i have made i come up on the warps that i have set up there. but then when i try to go back out, the warps won't take me back to where i was before. its like they aren't even there. i am almost positive i have them set up right in advance map, but they still won't work. :( please help me.

PS - Sorry if this is the wrong section. i'm new here and really don't know my way around and this seemed like the place to post :)

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Just a quick question...

i put a video up on youtube but i can't post it cause this is my first post and i need 15 :( just search for pokemon hack help and look at the 5th one down. should be by klinkdawg.

when i go into the lakefront that i have made i come up on the warps that i have set up there. but then when i try to go back out, the warps won't take me back to where i was before. its like they aren't even there. i am almost positive i have them set up right in advance map, but they still won't work. :( please help me.

PS - Sorry if this is the wrong section. i'm new here and really don't know my way around and this seemed like the place to post :)
I'm pretty sure you are returning to the right warp. Check the warp number of the warp that you wish to return to. Then, make sure that number matches the "goto" warp in your lakefront map.

For example. Let's say your lakefront is at 0x5 0x5 0x2.

You would want to put in:
Warp 2
Bank 5
Map 5

But remember, that's just an example. Use a similar method to fix your warp.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2012
all of that stuff is right because when i click the goto button it takes me right where i want to go. something else must be wrong :(

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
How can I make a trainer event in advancemap(battle agains me)?
I made a peson but what to do that I can open the script???
What I must do with the "unknown"s, "script offset" and "person ID".
What is the offset, i don´t know anything abaut offset, can I write in the offset anything I will (exemple: $111111)????????

please reply

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
My previous question was skipped, and it is important in my opinion. I really don't understand what do to if I want to insert the Intro sprites correctly.
When I insert them, it begins fine, but after entering a name, it becomes screwy. I asked this earlier and I got answers that didn't really help me like
"use this program" or "fix it". Please, help me for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back