• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KieronGames

May be more active
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 24, 2012
How do you use the Poke Transfer?
I didn't think the Gen IV games had B/W data from it to be transferred to.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Can you use AR with English B/W ? I understand there was a problem of some sort with the Jap version of it with an AR.

Sadly no \: I've tried ;; But Codejunkies has released a new Ar Dsi that has Black and White codes on, so hopefully those ones may work, otherwise it's pretty pointless to release a device that has codes that won't work.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Evolve or wait?

Is it better to evolve a pokemon straight away or wait a bit before you let it evolve? you used to only be able to learn certain moves if you didnt evolve it, dunno if thats still the case...

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Is it better to evolve a pokemon straight away or wait a bit before you let it evolve? you used to only be able to learn certain moves if you didnt evolve it, dunno if thats still the case...

Head over to Bulbapedia and check out the Pokemon you are wondering about. Towards the bottom of the page, there is a list of moves the Pokemon learns and what level, compare it to the list on the evolved form to deiced if you should or not. It all boils down to personal preference.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
How do you use the Poke Transfer?
I didn't think the Gen IV games had B/W data from it to be transferred to.

Well they don't, but that has nothing to do with it since it's not like you're sending anything from BW to a gen IV game. It's just an upgraded migration really, but unlike migration, you can't have Pokemon holding items when you send them over to BW. You can read more about it here.

Now, when using the Relocator, does my shiny beast have to be in my party, my PC, or does it really matter? And it does let me pick what I want to transfer, right?

Last edited:

spiderpigryan

poketrainer
Years
Do you need all hms for victory road and where do you get them from I have got surk cut and fly where do i get others please help need to get to E4

wild salamence

expierienced trainer
Years
Has anyone in the US who preordered their games not recieved them yet? It's sunday so maybe I should expect them tomorrow

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Has anyone in the US who preordered their games not recieved them yet? It's sunday so maybe I should expect them tomorrow

That would depend on who you're getting them from. A lot of mail and shipping service doesn't run on Sunday, so you either got it early yesterday or get it tomorrow if you ordered online.

I haven't heard of a store lacking the games (though the local Walmart refuses to sell until Tuesday or were stating that last week).

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
You will get Pal Pad from Amanita after you completed Dream Mist quest. Then you can have access to wifi trading, if it is wireless you may be able to do it after you beat Striation Gym.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
Trading Pokemon?? How does it affect stats

i want to no the most eefficent way to train my pokemon without them losing any points or w/e

i kind of no how ev's work, but i am not quite sure
but if i traded pokemon with a friend and we traded back, i would get boosted xp, but how would that affect the pokemons stats? could i stilll use him in duels, battles, wifi battles, etc...? and how can i raise the strongest pokemon
please try and explain to me in detail, thanks so much

JAde

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Exactly how rare is the shaking grass supposed to be, cause I can't seem to encounter it that much at all.

Dispiacere

The Shama Llama
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 3, 2011
Changing seasons??

So me being the smart person that I am, thought for a couple hours that march was the 5th month. I was surprised when I started my game and it was spring, but I didn't even think i got the date wrong til I played for a while. I changed the date to the proper time(i want to play 100% fairly, and that means waiting for the seasons to change) but when I started the game up I still was greated with "Spring". why isn't it changing season?

**Went into a building, thanks**

Last edited:

wild salamence

expierienced trainer
Years
A traded pokemon won't have different stats than if it weren't traded once it has all 510 evs (especially if it's ev trained). However because of the boost in expierience after battles it requires fewer battles to level up, so it might gain its evs across more levels. That difference would be minimal and it will end up with the same stats.

To make a pokemon as strong as possible it needs to have the right nature and max ivs the right stats and a good ev distribution.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So me being the smart person that I am, thought for a couple hours that march was the 5th month. I was surprised when I started my game and it was spring, but I didn't even think i got the date wrong til I played for a while. I changed the date to the proper time(i want to play 100% fairly, and that means waiting for the seasons to change) but when I started the game up I still was greated with "Spring". why isn't it changing season?

Merged with simple questions. Wait either 24 hours or go inside a building (forgot which one) and it should change. Unless it's something else completely.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Is it appropriate for me asking about Dsi region lock here?

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Is it appropriate for me asking about Dsi region lock here?
I would think so. As long as it's a relatively simple question and pertains to Pokemon Black or White, you should be fine.

Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2014
When exactly is it a good time to transfer the Dog Trio and Celebi from Gamestop for the Zorua and Zoroark event in game?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I would think so. As long as it's a relatively simple question and pertains to Pokemon Black or White, you should be fine.

Okay then. Can anyone please tell me about this Dsi Enhanced region lock?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Does anyone know of a pair of really good HM slaves? I'm thinking Skarmory and Bibarel, B/W version. (Cuz lyk...this spreading out HMs between entire party is gettin' annoyin'.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back