• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your catch technique?

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
I have a Bisharp with False Swipe, Mean Look, and Thunder Wave. I usually have 30+ of every type of ball and use what is most effective. I do carry 100+ Quick Balls and always start off with one of those.

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
(I only use pokeballs and sometimes premier balls to catch my pokemon. It shows everyone who's boss when I send them out in battle.)

My technique in 7 easy steps:

1. buy 999 pokeballs.

2 (only used for legends). Save.

3. Use Samurott's Surf/waterfall to determine pokemon's stats.

4. If I don't like the stats, kill the weakling with fire (or soft reset for legend).

5. False swipe.

6. Use pokeball.

7. Rig waterbird desk toy to keep pushing A.

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
Years
I use a move that doesn't do a lot of damage and depending on how low the HP goes, I either use a status inflicting move or I throw a ball that depends on the catch ratio of the Pokemon.

pretty much this, i've never had a dificulty with this simple method. especially if you paralyze then use a duskball :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I remember having a Smeargle which knew False Swipe, Spore, Milk Drink and Spacial Rend. With some ultra balls it made catching pokémon a matter of waiting rather then skill. Nowadays I just usually lower the target down to read and start chucking some balls.

Back