• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
Hi everyone.
Congrats, maybe it's not with the desired ability and nature, but still it's a good shiny to have. Are you planning to evolve it or you want it the way it is?

Of course, since I love shiny Ninetales. :D

Also, I'm trying to get a shiny team. I guess I'll go for a shiny Emolga next, I wanted a Dream World one but I guess Emolga isn't available in the DW yet.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
*sigh* 360 resets for Cobalion and no luck, I might give up if I have to do 73,657 SR's like someone did for Kyurem. On the other hand, I started a Tranquill hunt, 29 encounters, and I'm at 321 for Mandibuzz.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
It does work for 100%. If it doesn't you can throw an automic bomb on my head. Only there is always a chance it doesn't appear that quick, sometimes it takes like 4000 eggs but that chance is REALLY small. So don't worry, just keep going on. How many eggs do you have now?

I'm not sure, I just release them, since I do IV breeding. My boxes would be just messy. So I just go with it until it hatches. Wish me luck!

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
I continued my "break" on shiny hunting because I'm just that lazy (lol), but I'll be resuming Charmander hatching tomorrow~

Congrats, G-Money!! Funny thing, when I was looking at the main Pokémon Groups forum and saw that you posted, I just had a feeling you came with shiny news. :3

YEEEESSSSSS!!! HAHAHHAHAHAA!!!! Finally! Shiny Oshawott is miiiiiiiiinnnneeeeee!!!!

Congratulations! Isn't it just a great feeling when you finally get the shiny you've been searching for?

Also, congrats to Evil Sonic's Vulpix (and anybody else's shinies I may have missed)! Vulpix is a gorgeous shiny. It's actually one of my future hunts, in fact :3

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
After my baby was born last friday I have been off work so was hoping for some shiny hunting. Bt my work decided to fire me instead so I have been to busy trying to find a new job so I can stay living in the house so personal life has really got ontop of me right now. Should be back up hunting soon. Want my shiny bird trio asap.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
After my baby was born last friday I have been off work so was hoping for some shiny hunting. Bt my work decided to fire me instead so I have been to busy trying to find a new job so I can stay living in the house so personal life has really got ontop of me right now. Should be back up hunting soon. Want my shiny bird trio asap.

Congratulations on the baby. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job. I hope you can find a new one soon.

Congratulations, G-Money, on the shiny Elgyem, and congratulations to everyone else who got shinies recently.

So far I've hatched 235 Litwicks. The odds using the Masuda Method is 1/1,365.3. So far I've hatched 17% of that number.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Yess! I am so happy. It is the best day ever. I, TheGr8 now fully believe in the Masuda method! I hatched my Shiny Elekid. I find it best not to keep track of the eggs #.

here are the pictures :)

w8qog7.jpg

at the time of appearance, and I freaked out trust me.

33diclw.jpg

Nature and Char, Date of Hatching. I didn't get the Char. I wanted but it's adamant so I am happy with that.

w1puvk.jpg

and last but not least the shiny Elekid

-----

So before I go back to IV breeding, I am doing one more shiny hunt with Masuda it will either be Axew or Rouff. :) Thank you all for the support and I now believe! Good luck to everyone in their hunts :)

Last edited:
Years
Hi everyone. I'm an old member of the SHC from 2006. I haven't done any hunting recently, and my last notable shiny was the Dialga I SR'd for all those years ago.

I want to start hunting again, so I'm going for the Masuda Method, I just need a foreign Ditto :P

Other than that, I found a shiny Patrat one a Japanese translated ROM on my R4 a while ago(obviously before it came out in the US). I was going to try to SR for a shiny Zekrom in my White version, but Dialga took over 10,000 SR's so I don't want to do that again lol.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Thanks for the congrats on Elgyem! I'm at 505 Litwick now (I know, not many! I can't start complaining yet. :P). I really like this idea of counting, since it gives me a good idea of how long I've been at it. I'm probably going to start counting future hunts, and I might even resume counting on Drifloon.

found an intesresting and mysterious pokemon:

Its form explains everything.

Haha, that's awesome. Its form really does explain your reaction! :D

ALIENS EXIST!! THE PROOF IS IN THIS BLURRY PHOTO!

"lol" I never thought of it that way, but you're absolutely right! And the quality is just perfect for this type of thing. :cer_wink:

YEEEESSSSSS!!! HAHAHHAHAHAA!!!! Finally! Shiny Oshawott is miiiiiiiiinnnneeeeee!!!!

Congratulations! Now we have all of the Unova starters!

Congratulations on the baby! That's wonderful.

I'm really sorry to hear about your job. :( I really hope you can find one soon!

Shiny Elekid

Congratulations! You have your dream Pokemon now, and now you understand how awesome shiny hunting is. :)

Hi everyone. I'm an old member of the SHC from 2006. I haven't done any hunting recently, and my last notable shiny was the Dialga I SR'd for all those years ago.

I want to start hunting again, so I'm going for the Masuda Method, I just need a foreign Ditto :P

Other than that, I found a shiny Patrat one a Japanese translated ROM on my R4 a while ago(obviously before it came out in the US). I was going to try to SR for a shiny Zekrom in my White version, but Dialga took over 10,000 SR's so I don't want to do that again lol.

Welcome back!!! I'm glad to see that you want to get hunting again! :)

Don't worry about Zekrom - he can't be shiny anyways. It's programmed so that Zekrom, Reshiram, and Victini will never be shiny. :(

Congrats on the Patrat, although we can't count it for the Dex. We don't discuss cheats here, but you're alright since you just mentioned it in passing in your first post. ;)

EDIT: Ninja'd!

If only ryan, Demoonica, or some of the other oldguys would come back...

I'm working on it! Give me a little more time and I might be able to get some of the all-time legends back! *SHC Recruiter* *in negotiations*

Years
Welcome back!!! I'm glad to see that you want to get hunting again! :)

Don't worry about Zekrom - he can't be shiny anyways. It's programmed so that Zekrom, Reshiram, and Victini will never be shiny. :(

Congrats on the Patrat, although we can't count it for the Dex. We don't discuss cheats here, but you're alright since you just mentioned it in passing in your first post. ;)

I assure you, I have never ever used a cheating device to obtain a shiny Pokemon. And I understand how you cannot count it, it being a ROM and all.

And I was wondering wether it could be or not, because I knew Victini can't be shiny because it's an event. But it's good to know that there can't really be shiny Zekrom/Reshiram.

EDIT: Hey MM! I haven't talked to Ryan in years! Lol! No matter, we only ever talked about Scrubs, and never really talked about hunting.

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Judging by a post of mine from February and another post where I mentioned how many hours I spent on Drifloon, I can say that I've done at least 4096 SRs for Drifloon. And that's as of March 20th, "lol." Maybe multiply that by 10 to get where I am now... :pink_laugh:

I'd like to join.
I just love shinies even though I don't have a single one.

Can anyone tell me what is the masuda method?

Welcome to the club! What shiny are you thinking about hunting first?

The Masuda Method is when you breed two Pokemon from different countries, and your egg has a 1/1366 chance of producing a shiny in Black and White. If you're doing it in the 4th generation, the chance is 1/2048, and you can't pass down natures with an Everstone. :(

EDIT: I should be synching for a Modest Litwick, right? +SpAtk -Atk seems pretty good, since all of Chandelure's good moves are special.

EDIT II: Chr. Draco, I just realized that your shiny Unown counts for May Mystery! It looks like you're in the lead for this month's contest.

Last edited:

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
Years

The Masuda Method is when you breed two Pokemon from different countries, and your egg has a 1/1366 chance of producing a shiny in Black and White. If you're doing it in the 4th generation, the chance is 1/2048, and you can't pass down natures with an Everstone. :(

Thanks for the info! I'm thinking about starting with the easier ones, like,say, the starters?

PokeTrainer87

Playing through Black Version
Years
So now that I have a shiny charmander I wanna start a new hunt. The hunt for a shiny oshawott. My favorite 5th gen starter. Wish me luck and congrats to everyones new shiny. Good luck to you all!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Razer302 said:

Congratulations on the baby.
Sorry about your job, hope you can get one soon.

TheGr8 said:
Yess! I am so happy. It is the best day ever. I, TheGr8 now fully believe in the Masuda method! I hatched my Shiny Elekid. I find it best not to keep track of the eggs #.

Congratulations, and don't worry, I don't keep track of the # of wild encounters and sometimes I count SRs.

Haunter Master said:

Hi there, nice to see you around. What's your current target?

G-Money said:
Judging by a post of mine from February and another post where I mentioned how many hours I spent on Drifloon, I can say that I've done at least 4096 SRs for Drifloon. And that's as of March 20th, "lol." Maybe multiply that by 10 to get where I am now... :pink_laugh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymenon
I'd like to join.
I just love shinies even though I don't have a single one.

Can anyone tell me what is the masuda method?

EDIT: I should be synching for a Modest Litwick, right? +SpAtk -Atk seems pretty good, since all of Chandelure's good moves are special.

EDIT II: Chr. Draco, I just realized that your shiny Unown counts for May Mystery! It looks like you're in the lead for this month's contest.

You'll get one soon, and you know, there's also coffee for long hunting nights (just kidding). You'll get your drifloon, I'm sure of it, just be positive.:) (or maybe you got it already).

About litwick, i guess modest it's a good nature.
And about the unown, yeah I it was good to find it this month; last time I was not able to get nosepass.

Well everyone, I have the good feeling of getting a shiny soon (hint: it's a shiny that has been mentioned in this club).
You can guess what pokemon is it, but you'll have to wait for a shiny news for that.

See you all and happy hunting.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years

I prefer Timid (+Spe, -Atk), but Modest is good too.

I've hatched 311 Litwick so far.

TheGr8, congratulations on the shiny Elekid!

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
You can pass down natures in gen v right with Masuda. Because I seemed to be able to do that with Elekid, I know in Gen IV you couldn't. and Thanks everyone, I can't wait to have a shiny electivire :D

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
You can pass down natures in gen v right with Masuda. Because I seemed to be able to do that with Elekid, I know in Gen IV you couldn't. and Thanks everyone, I can't wait to have a shiny electivire :D

Yes, when a Ditto or female Pokémon is holding an Everstone.

Back