• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Cute for type synergy, but I look past that in most cases and try to find synergy through what threatens whatever sweeper I'm using (which isn't generally that hard to find out...). Neat nonetheless. Could be useful for beginners when they're just starting out. :]

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Is it a coincidence that both of them(latios and Reuniclus) just so happen to lose to Excadrill in Sanstorm? Not to mention possible DD users. There's only so many hits Reuniclus can take, yknow.

Before it uses Recover. :x Also, Reuniclus used Trick Room as you switched in Excadrill - there goes your speed advantage. D;

In any case, I believe if you were to compare the two, Reuniclus is the one with no checks and thus is more broken.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
383 Atk vs 251 Def & 424 HP (120 Base Power): 262 - 310 (61.79% - 73.11%)

^ This would be the result of a Focus Blast from +0 Reuniclus. Quite bad, but I think it's really circumstantial at this point. I mean, take a look at some other things, too:

574 Atk vs 251 Def & 424 HP (120 Base Power): 394 - 464 (92.92% - 109.43%)

^ This is +1 CM Reuniclus. In that case, of course Excadrill would be toasted, but...if Excadrill doesn't get switched into Reuniclus immediately, and sets up an SD on a Pokemon beforehand...this would be what an SD Earthquake would just about do:

810 Atk vs 273 Def & 424 HP (100 Base Power): 319 - 376 (75.24% - 88.68%)

So yeah, it could really all depend, etc. .___.

I don't know where you got those defenses from but you're definitely not using Excadrill's. :x

383 Atk vs 166 Def & 362 HP (120 Base Power): 516 - 608 (142.54% - 167.96%)

That's a LO Trick Room Focus Blast.

287 Atk vs 166 Def & 362 HP (120 Base Power): 386 - 456 (106.63% - 125.97%)

That's a +0 CM Reuniclus Focus Blast.

430 Atk vs 166 Def & 362 HP (70 Base Power): 340 - 400 (93.92% - 110.50%)

That's a +1 CM Reuniclus HP Fighting. If you'll notice, Excadrill doesn't have that much of a chance to take a hit. ;x

Years
Adamant +0 Excadrill does 40.09%->47.64 on CM Reuniclus with X-Scissor and 80.19%->94.81 at +2. With Earthquake, it does 37.74%->44.58% at +0 and 75.24->88.68 with a +2 Earthquake.

The fact that a Pokemon with an attack stat of 405 3HKO's it at +0 shows it's far too broken defensively, thus leading it to an uninterrupted sweep.

Also, new topic:

What are the CBC Community's thoughts on the return of User Pokedra?

Last edited:

.Aero

Years
I, for one, am excited about Pokedra coming back. He was a good battler back in the days and I'm excited to see him in the new generation!

Also, yeah, Excadrill's defenses aren't the best, so it won't be taking any Focus Blasts from a base 125 special attack. Reuniclus is insanely annoying to fight because of Magic Guard, recover on the CM set, and trick room to mess with your fast pokemon. It's like a +6 speed boost for himself because you don't even have to make other pokemon on your team get an advantage from Trick Room. He's so bulky and powerful that he only needs it for himself. Kinda says something if you ask me. :x

Years
I don't mind Pokedra's company. While I do admit to treating dear Pokedra badly, I think the times have changed, and we have changed with the times. He has already had experience with competitive battling, which will be of great benefit with regards to returning to a competitive scenario with Gen V. Pokedra knows our competitive regulars / hermit community, so he'll be more comfortable with us (people tend to be nervous or less open around people they don't know). I am confident that this community, including myself, has gone past openly boasting hostility towards members, and realizes the vice inherent in such treatment, not least of all when we're concentrating large amounts of energy and effort into encouraging activity, and trying to open the floodgates (in a good way) for new players.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'ma butt in and say that the Synergy tool Vrai found is amazing! :D

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
What synergy tool? And what's this thing about max defense Excadrill? xD

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Oh I see. Well, I should put that into good use when the time comes. That is, when I think of what team I should build.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I think I need to build a new team, I've just seen Pokedra's SmashPass team, I remember I had one of them but I didn't put enough effort into it to use it effectively, I may start building a SmashPass team.

I'm gonna use Huntail! <3 Gorebyss can suck it.

Huntail's base stats; 55 | 104 | 105 | 94 | 75 | 52
Gorebyss' base stats; 55 | 84 | 105 | 114 | 75 | 52

Gorebyss is superior, but I always find trouble getting a Physical Pokemon onto a SmashPass team. Huntail needs some lovin'

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Gorebyss is just the superior Smashpasser because it has the higher singular stat to attack with if need be. Huntail would need to go mixed to abuse his stats and that detracts from its bulk. :(

.Aero

Years
Both are no match for Amooonguss, so I mean, what's the point? Huntail just dies faster. ;]

Also, have any of you actually tried Amoonguss in the current metagame? It's surprisingly good and it seems a lot of people just overlook it (most likely because of Ferrothorn for grass), but his fighting resistance is extremely handy and he can survive a lot of things most people wouldn't expect (I think he survives Specs D-Meteor from Latios, but I dunno if that actually happened or was a dream).

Just a little tip for future team building: "Worried about losing to smash pass? Use Amoonguss." I put him on my team specifically for that, but to be honest, he does much more. I'm thoroughly surprised by his performance.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Just for fun I threw a team together with both Gorebyss and Huntail. I'd just pass the Shell Smash to the next one while both screens were still up, then do it again. Although it seems to be glitched (Sometimes my special attack would still end up +2, or my defenses would both still end up -1 even with the White Herb on both of them), when it worked, it was an easy 5-0 (Because my Uxie always uses Memento). Also, Dragonite > Garchomp as SmashPass recipient.

Btw I tried the no luck server, and honestly, I don't think it made enough of a difference to be that fun really. Although I only battled two people and didn't build another team for it, just used a previous one.

And yeah Aero, I use it on a full stall team I made, Chansey / Ferrothorn / Jellicent / Torkoal / Amoonguss / Bronzong. He's definitely a great team member, although I don't really ever do anything with him besides take hits.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Btw I tried the no luck server, and honestly, I don't think it made enough of a difference to be that fun really. Although I only battled two people and didn't build another team for it, just used a previous one.

And yeah Aero, I use it on a full stall team I made, Chansey / Ferrothorn / Jellicent / Torkoal / Amoonguss / Bronzong. He's definitely a great team member, although I don't really ever do anything with him besides take hits.

So how's that SR-weak spinner working out for you? XD

Yeah, I haven't tried the server yet, nor do I plan on it.

.Aero

Years
I use Amoonguss to stop setup sweepers with Clear Smog, as well as sleep / paralyze pokemon. Opponents tend to switch to other pokemon after they've be put to sleep, so you Spore / Stun Spore after and lawl. Giga Drain is also useful for slowly beating some pokemon like Jellicent who for some reason decide to stay in.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years

So how's that SR-weak spinner working out for you? XD

Actually, pretty great lol. Not only because Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Forry tend to be the Pokemon I'm up against using it, but also because I carry Rest on it, and Heal Bell on Chansey. I dunno, it actually ends up making it pretty efficient. :P

I use Amoonguss to stop setup sweepers with Clear Smog, as well as sleep / paralyze pokemon. Opponents tend to switch to other pokemon after they've be put to sleep, so you Spore / Stun Spore after and lawl. Giga Drain is also useful for slowly beating some pokemon like Jellicent who for some reason decide to stay in.

Clear Smog is pretty awesome. Breloom at +2 thinks it's safe to get in another SD and gets hit for SE STAB + loses it's boosts.

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
On the topic of underrated 'mons.

Anybody thinking that Mamoswine is actually pretty beast this metagame? It can revenge kill weakened Lati@s, Thundurus, Salamence all the while sporting one of the strongest Earthquakes in the game. I recognize its prowess after it witnessing it in action today.

Then there's Xatu who's arguably the better magic bouncer in a non-BP team. One, it can actually wall some stuff. Two, it has Recovery in Roost. Unlike Espeon it doesn't get 2HKOed by the common Spikers, Skarmory and Ferrothorn. I can still see why Espeon is preferred however, due to higher offensive stats, but Xatu usage needs to go up >:[

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
On the topic of underrated 'mons.

Anybody thinking that Mamoswine is actually pretty beast this metagame? It can revenge kill weakened Lati@s, Thundurus, Salamence all the while sporting one of the strongest Earthquakes in the game. I recognize its prowess after it witnessing it in action today.

Then there's Xatu who's arguably the better magic bouncer in a non-BP team. One, it can actually wall some stuff. Two, it has Recovery in Roost. Unlike Espeon it doesn't get 2HKOed by the common Spikers, Skarmory and Ferrothorn. I can still see why Espeon is preferred however, due to higher offensive stats, but Xatu usage needs to go up >:[

Hell yes Mamoswine is amazing. I think if we took server stats for us specifically, Mamo would be sitting at around #1-2. @_@;

Xatu I remember using at the beginning of BW but gradually fell out of using it - and Espeon, too. I mean while their ability is cool I'm still not fond of using it as the only thing to keep SR off the board - it requires outstanding prediction imo (probably just for SR on stuff like Tyranitar - switching into things like Ferrothorn is easier). I DUNNO I just find it difficult to use the Magic Bouncers effectively, but that's probably just me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back