• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

OOC: Atlantis Arising [M]

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
@Red: Totally okay. We aren't moving at a very fast pace and as long as you post at least once a week, I'm happy d:

@TornZero: We are ALWAYS OPEN!! :D Maybe.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Hooray. I'll get to catching up while I finish my SU. >>

Alright, now I'm just waiting for a PM reply from Skymin about something before I post my SU, but for a general question regarding the Atlantean genetics, could the character AND their parent manifest a tattoo (with separate powers of course)? I do also have an explanation for that week-long "absence," if I get accepted.

Also, methinks Skymin has seen Sky High, according to his first post IC; and no one saw/corrected that typo in the news report. "The Atlantean Royal Family, lacking to presence of leader Blayze Nalaar." Just sayin'. >> *Must. Resist. DBZ meme.*

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Yeah, sure. I don't think we've had a parent/child duo, but it's definitely viable.

d: I have seen Sky High, though I'm not sure how... that has relevance?... but that segment was a copypasta from the first post so it's totally Ichiro's fault. d: d: d:

TornZero

Years
One of the side-main characters' powers is to glow and he acts like it's really impressive compared to others, introduced pretty early in the movie IIRC. *Possibly unintentional reference: Got.* SU ahead.

Spoiler:

I'm hoping the only thing that seems weird or missing is the 6-7 year gap between his first and last years of primary school. >>

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Oh. OH! YES. Yes now I remember. Hahahhahahaha, yeah. I was actually going to make him a guinea pig but glowing was funnier.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I like it! Just gotta get Ichiro's okay on the power then we're all set to start!

Actually, one thing i have to ask is what is his dad's power?

TornZero

Years
Alexander's power is Cartoon Physics, though it's more restricted to the funnier of these abilities like the Squash & Stretch Effect (as shown by the frying pan), being able to stretch his body and create limited constructs (like a mallet head out of his hand, or pulling the skin on his arm back as if it were a sleeve) as a result, generating a cloud of smoke to "censor" physical fights, walking off platforms like there was still something under him until he looks down (or, as I call it, Gravity Doesn't Exist Until You Think About It Syndrome), and an abnormal amount of space in his pockets from which he frequently pulls abnormally large things out, like a baseball bat or cartoonishly-large first aid kit. This is just among a couple other things like steam coming out of his ears when he gets mad, or floating to safety by way of umbrella.

If acceptable, he'll also be able to break the fourth wall on occasion, and travel through various methods, from walking in pictures between frames (imagine that at the Louvre, or the Sistine Chapel ceiling) to jumping into a computer or television screen. (He may even be able to pull other people in with him, and things out with him.)

He's basically right out of a Looney Tunes skit, though I'll try and make it more noticeably based around Bugs Bunny and Wile E. Coyote. (The latter of which is more about absurd contraptions and ACME purchases.)

Also, on Cira's power, it's kind of simplified to just controlling motion itself. He can throw an object indirectly, direct sound waves, or stop/speed up a fireball, but he can't actually change anything else like the pitch of the sound or the size/intensity of the fireball.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Okay so I'm just getting ready to head off to work, so I'll say what I can see now, and finish up when I get home later.

As for the father's ability, I am going to have to say no. It has too many elements to it that could be considered in the realms of other abilities. And I'm not too fond of it nor breaking of the fourth wall sorry. If you could change it, that would be nice.

As for your sign up, it's very well done, and you have thought Circa's power out well, so I am going to have to ACCEPT it, welcome aboard.

Skymin will add you to the list while I run off to work now.

EDIT: This also means you can post your first post when you're ready.

TornZero

Years
I'll limit Alexander to the Squash & Stretch, if that works (and a few random cartoony acts that don't really relate to any other powers (like falling into the ground and making an Alex-shaped hole); I plan on one of his excuses for doing spontaneous and rather dangerous things involving having no brain anymore, and opening his head to a phonograph in his skull playing elevator music, among other things >>).

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Sorry Torn, I'm not a big fan of cartoon physics as an ability, taking your example, it would mean that Alex's father would be disrupting the earth, an unnatural occurance from him falling into the ground; which would mean him altering the earth and bending reality. Abilities are more to do with the physicals world rather than the fabric of reality. despite the fact everyone has powers, I want to keep it with some semblance of normality.

If I may suggest, moving away from the cartoon physics idea of an ability and coming up with something different would be nice.

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Alright guys, just a heads up, I will be slightly absent this weekend.

I'm going to be heading up to Duluth, a 3-4 hour drive from where I live, staying there for a few hours, and then coming back. Why must you have a sermon in Duluth tomorrow Dad! Oh well, the driving is fun, even if it is for about 8 hours total.

Then on Sunday I'm going snowboarding with some friends, so that should be awesome.

Any other time I have left will probably be taken up by studying for a big test on Monday, and then just doing general homework.

But, I'll see if I can find some time. I'm sure the urge to procrastinate will hit me some time this weekend! :P

TornZero

Years
Aw; but oh well, I can edit it a bit.

How's Property Osmosis sound, then? He can absorb some of the properties of whatever solid thing he's holding, like the durability of steel in his skin if he gets his hands on steel. Think Kevin Levin if you've seen Ben 10.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
I want to join this! But I've never been in an RP that's made me feel like I need to be more descriptive with my characters! For me, that means this SU might take a while.

Is it okay if I post a WIP in a spoiler and work on it there? My computer arrangement for the moment is a little erratic, so I can't really save it here.

Back