• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Tododile line or Squirtle line?

which line?

• Squirtle

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Tododile

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Other rare water lines

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Water pokemon? eh...

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I've always considered myself a "water trainer" of sorts and while I do like both Pokémon, my votes definitely gonna be going to Squirtle. He was my favorite stater Pokémon when I played the original games and he's still one of my favorites today (I much prefer to choose my favorite starter Pokémon by type now, since there are so many). There's just something I've always liked about Blastoise.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Swampert. I hate Blastoise, so I'll go with Feraligatr. I prefer Totodile to Squirtle as well, but Wartortle to Croconaw. That's still majority Totodile line haha. Blastoise always felt...weird to me. idk.

Stodd

Dragon Tamer
Years
i found another reason to go with feraligatr. i like dragons, and tend to be a dragon tamer in the gen I/II games. feraligatr resembles a dragon! ?:)

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2024
Personally, Squirtle is a terrible starter (I agree it's good for Brock, but after that it's pretty useless until Blaine), plus it has too much defense to be an effective leader, I prefer something that has more attack.

I personally like Totodile more, as it can learn Bite and Slash (Also Surf through HM) and can be a very good leader.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I couldn't stand Feraligatr's appearance when I was younger. I kept my starter as a Croconaw in Crystal (and unless if the battery died, he would be like, level 77). I just love Croconaw too much. He looks like a boss but he's still pretty cute, haha.

So.. I would have to vote for the Squirtle line since I love all 3 members of the Squirtle family. :P

For nostalgia reasons...
CrystalCroconaw.gif

gbc009.gif

Don Bastio

Banned
Years
i pick squirtle, only because i think blastoise is the coolest looking starter not just out of water type, but any starter of any game. for gameplay reasons, i usually pick bulbasaur. bulbasaur is probably the most unappreciated starter, along with all grass starters, probably because grass types are more common than water and way more common than fire types. i pick it to fight misty and brock.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Design wise I prefer the Totodile line because when it evolves into its final form Feraligatr, its teeth is whats appealing to me and the colors on it. In general I pick the Squirtle line because when it becomes its final form, I like how it has a strong defense stat and it doesnt get KOed as much as Feraligatr

:t354:TG

Cid

Years
Definitely the Squirtle line. I love all Water-type starters, but I've always loved Squirtle and his evos from the start. Ash's Squirtle was pretty much my best imaginary friend back when I watched the anime profusely. <3; Besides, I picked Chikorita over Totodile back in Gold so I guess I never felt attached to the equally cute Water-type starter. And it was pretty much no contest with me anyway, since Squirtle's my favourite Pokémon of all-time. I liked Ash's Totodile, though. So cute.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I love the squirtle line so much more. But mainly from a design sense. I love turtles lol

Stodd

Dragon Tamer
Years
in the end, you must decide. tank or dragon. classic or (somewhat) new-age. defence or offense. or personal preference. often times ppl battle with their favorites, or just because they are cute.. then others base their team purely on power or strategy. there has to be a balance. all things considered, both are very good. but, as earlier mentioned, i am a dragon tamer. check for feraligatr. design goes to blastoise. strategy and power? in my team schemes, both fit nicely. its a close race, but feraligatr comes out on top. i do think out of all of the evos, wartortle is best designed. but that isnt enough to sway me. tododile wins it for me, but i see how you could go the other way as well.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
"Water pokemon? eh..."

I don't typically like the water starters all that much, but if I had to choose I'd pick Totodile line. The badassery is there in both cases, but more so with the 2nd gen.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
My vote goes to Squirtle, because at least it's able to use its STAB better than Totodile, whose evolved form's highest stat is Physical Attack, and Water in those gens is still labeled as Special.

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Totodile > Squirtle
Wartortle > Croconaw
Blastoise < Feraligatr

In conclusion Crocodiles are better than Turtles in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back