• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
I call it 'less than half of the intended capacity'. I've also noticed that there are ideas that work and ideas that don't. Instead of making attempt after attempt of the same idea, I should have tried something different quite some time ago. I went back and looked through my RPs, gauged the successes of each, and did my best to figure out why each one did well, and why they didn't. I'm taking this information and using it to make something that, if I am indeed right in my research, should not only be successful but also enjoyable.

There shouldn't really be an intended capacity when it comes to roleplays. You just need to adjust with what you have, not expect things to reach a threshold you know it won't. Success comes longevity not the amount of people in the roleplay.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
You say three, I say four. I was still interested in that (Zelda RP), though throughout the next week or two I wouldn't have much chance to do anything due to driving cross country and moving out and in and all that.

Really, this was just bad timing on my part.

However, I do respect your decision to end it. I am simply throwing in my two cents about that.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Teaser 1
Spoiler:

SOULBOND
A Mysterious Plan

20100414011308!HeartGold_SoulSilver_Janine.png

"When asked about their intentions, they'd merely reply, 'What's it to ya?' or 'Official Rocket business, now scram!' Curious, my father and I looked into it. News articles had started showing up around the time the suspicious black-and-red visitors did. It seems that some Pokémon have been reported missing by their Soulbonds, and all suspects have been described as wearing black uniforms with a large red 'R' on the chest. Little did we know, confronting the suspect visitors to Fuchsia caused a whole lot of craziness."

"Shortly after, these 'Rockets' began to show up in most every town and city in Kanto, causing all sorts of problems for everyone. Crime skyrocketed within a few days and you can't go anywhere in Kanto anymore without hearing about the Rockets. From robbing the PokéMarts, to taking Pokémon, to hostile takeovers, the Rockets have become a major crime syndicate all across Kanto, and we need strong, courageous Soulbonds to help take a stand, and clear the Rockets out of Kanto! Be careful, though; your Pokémon Soulbond is more valuable than you think..."

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Teaser 1
Spoiler:

SOULBOND
A Mysterious Plan

20100414011308!HeartGold_SoulSilver_Janine.png

"When asked about their intentions, they'd merely reply, 'What's it to ya?' or 'Official Rocket business, now scram!' Curious, my father and I looked into it. News articles had started showing up around the time the suspicious black-and-red visitors did. It seems that some Pokémon have been reported missing by their Soulbonds, and all suspects have been described as wearing black uniforms with a large red 'R' on the chest. Little did we know, confronting the suspect visitors to Fuchsia caused a whole lot of craziness."

"Shortly after, these 'Rockets' began to show up in most every town and city in Kanto, causing all sorts of problems for everyone. Crime skyrocketed within a few days and you can't go anywhere in Kanto anymore without hearing about the Rockets. From robbing the PokéMarts, to taking Pokémon, to hostile takeovers, the Rockets have become a major crime syndicate all across Kanto, and we need strong, courageous Soulbonds to help take a stand, and clear the Rockets out of Kanto! Be careful, though; your Pokémon Soulbond is more valuable than you think..."

I'd be interested if you could pull that off but am busy with three RPs right now so yeah;-; Anyway, best of luck for this RP.

EDIT: @Skymin or Magic Fox: I just submitted my RP now and have realized that I have written 'Unova: Dark Days' only nad ave not included the (M) (OOC+SU) part. Could you'll just edit the title and add that part?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
EDIT: @Skymin or Magic Fox: I just submitted my RP now and have realized that I have written 'Unova: Dark Days' only nad ave not included the (M) (OOC+SU) part. Could you'll just edit the title and add that part?
i'll try to remember this when i do submissions next! just let us know by VM or PM next time so its a little more easier to see for us. :)

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Teaser 1
Spoiler:

Teaser 2
Spoiler:

And now, the conclusion to the teaser trilogy of SOULBOND!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
There's still plenty of spaces available for 'Factions Divided' if you're willing to join up and take part in something epic. (2 demon places, 2 elves, 2 angels, and 1 beast places.)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Dusk could you spoiler that CSS or just post your teasers in plain text/plainer version? It's pretty hard on the eyes.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Well sadly two of our members have resigned, and another one is mia so I need to...SHAMELESSLY ADVERTISE!

Sekirei: Wings of Fate Has plenty of room for new members! Take a look, get over there and join today!

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Would anyone be interested in a sandbox super hero or villain rp where the members have one central base but, can go out on their individual missions. Every once in a while the whole team would have to go on one large mission... Any takers?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Would anyone be interested in a sandbox super hero or villain rp where the members have one central base but, can go out on their individual missions. Every once in a while the whole team would have to go on one large mission... Any takers?
I'd be quite interested depending on how you made the plot :D

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Quite possibly. Would you set it in the Real World or in a fantasy place ala Gotham or Star City?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Sounds interesting, Apollo. I'm wondering the same thing as firelordyago (dat name!) though.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Alright, I've gave my RP idea about a robbery more thought over the past few days and I've developed it a little more, but I would still like some comments and feedback on it, since I want it to be perfect when I finish making it, hehe.

Anyway, the RP itself will now be called "The Cherry Pop Extravaganza", with the reasons I'll mention later. The setting will also change from a normal jewelry store into something a lot more complex like maybe a museum, where the main objective for the RPers would be to acquire an expensive piece to sell in the black market. Because of this the story itself will be much longer since participants will have to get past several guards and stuff before reaching the goal and then get out the museum alive. The amount of RPers in the roleplay will probably go down to around 6, since having a large amount of people to steal one thing and go unnoticed would probably be unrealistic. Actual plot-wise I haven't done much yet, but I plan to make a whole plan of a museum with marks to point out where the guards are so that you can plan your writing with full knowledge of the surroundings.

Now, why is it called "The Cherry Pop Extravaganza"? Because, as already said in my previous post I'll try having several GMs so that all of us can put in mini-twists and all sorts of other stuff so that the scenes are exciting and dynamic, because I want this RP to be short and action-filled. That's why it's an "extravaganza"; but what about the "Cherry Pop" bit? Because, to keep their identities safe from any intruders, all the robbers and anyone involved have assigned themselves with codenames relating to a food, and the robbery itself received the name "Cherry Pop", hence the name of the title.

I'm really excited for this concept and so I want it to go right, so any help or queries would be more than appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Listen Scyke'd. I'm really happy for ya, and imma let ya finish, but a title like "The Cherry Pop Extravaganza" might give some people the wrong idea.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Listen Scyke'd. I'm really happy for ya, and imma let ya finish, but a title like "The Cherry Pop Extravaganza" might give some people the wrong idea.

That just makes it better. Deceive people into thinking one thing while in reality something completely different is going on. Seems like the first thing you should master while being a thief. Also the notion of having your cherry pop when you get caught makes for some fun metaphors.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
That just makes it better. Deceive people into thinking one thing while in reality something completely different is going on. Seems like the first thing you should master while being a thief. Also the notion of having your cherry pop when you get caught makes for some fun metaphors.
Great Scott, you're right!

In fact, it may just be the perfect double-entendre for an RP about stealing! So many prison bathroom and soap-dropping jokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back