• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you know?(Pokemon style)

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
....what. I guess I didn't know that? XD That's interesting.

Did you know that Ditto has the same stats as Mew, and is the only other one besides Mew to learn Transform?

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
I knew about Transform, but not the stats.

DYK that Ditto's face may be based on the smiley emoticon? :)

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Really? I didn't know that. It looks more like a :l to me.

DYK that Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres' last three words are based off of Spanish numbers? ArticUNO, ZapDOS, MolTRES.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
I have known that for as long as I can remember.

Did you know the Legendary Beasts' Pokedex order is in the order the myth happened? (lightning, fire, rain)

Years
Nope, didn't knew it.Did you know FR/LG has an anti-cheat feature where hacking in Mew would cause it to not listen. This is not in any of the DS games, however. To elaborate, Mew ignores every order you give it, regardless of what badges you earned. Also, the same thing happens with a hacked Deoxys.​

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I did know that. I found it kinda funny ^^.

Did You Know that Venonat was originally supposed to evolve into Butterfree, and Metapod was to evolve into Venonat?

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
It's not very surprising, but I didn't know that Gamefreak intended it.

DYK that Azurill is the only non-Eevee Pokemon to completely change type upon evolution?

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
No I didn't actually. Never used Azurill on my team, so I always sorta though that Azurill was a water-type. XD

DYK that all Pokemon Professors are named after trees? Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, Juniper. :P

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yea, I did know that.

Did you know that Mr.Mime could be female despite it's name? Because in the japanese version, Mr.Mime's name is Barrierd.
The english name is easily explained because during Gen I, they didn't implement genders yet. So they just decided to call him Mr.Mime.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
Yes I did. A similar occurrence with Misdreavous/Mismagius.

DYK that Wartortle and Bayleef have the same EV yield? (1 Defense, 1 Special Defense)

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
No, I did not know that o_o. Interesting...

DYK in Gen. 1 of Pokemon, Elixir was misspelt 'Elixer'?

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
No, that's pretty interesting.

Did you know that Glaceon and Glacia (of Hoenn's E4) share the same Japanese name?

Edit: Or rather, Glaceon's Japanese name is the same as Glacia's English name. Poor wording.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
I did not know that.

Did you know that when using Surf in the lowest of Hoenn's Victory Road, you will always encounter Golbat?

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I do not remember/know that. The Gen. 3 games were probably the last of the games I played since Red & Blue.

DYK the highest amount of legitmate damage dealt in Pokemon is 481,266,036... which can ONLY be pulled off by Shuckle?

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
I DID know that. Well, I didn't know the exact number, but I knew Shuckle dealt the most damage.

Did you know that Sableye is the only non-Steel Pokemon to learn Metal Burst, as well as the only Pokemon to learn the move by breeding, aside from its counterpart Mawile?

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
No I can't say I ever knew about that. I rarely used Sableye XD.

DYK that in Gen. 1, Psychic only had ONE weakness? Bug. The strongest bug type move of Gen. 1 was Twin Needle which was only SLIGHTLY better than Tackle.

Back