• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
Years
Berserk Gene Glitch

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Transform_glitch

To put it simply, I want to have in my possession a Transforming Blissey.
I got a Happiny with 0 IVs in Defense and a Hasty nature, just to make it slightly more fair.
With this glitch, it should be possible according to what I read and watched. However, the video only explains how the glitch works when using Mimic. I do not have access to the Mimic tutor in Emerald, so I need to know how you go about performing the glitch when using Copycat. When I tried it the same way Mimic was used, it just turned Happiny into a Pachirisu, and not my Smeargle with Transform nor my Ditto.

If anyone else has done this with Copycat, please tell me step-by-step how you did it.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Interesting glitch, though what does this have to do with berserk gene? just curious.

And who did you use copycat against?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
As you're asking for help I'll merge with the Help thread.

I can't say I now of the glitch so I don't have any advice for you there, beyond searching on youtube/google for other instances of it really, or trying the trade forums for a Pokemon with Mimic. Alternatively the article is incorrect about the 'Copycat will work' bit which is possible I suppose...

Nam

Years
Pokedex and Wireless battles

Ok, so this is sort of a general question involving all pokemon games, but since I'm playing Heartgold I guess I'll post it here.

In the GTS you can only search for pokemon you have seen in-game, in other words, pokemon already registered into your Pokedex. So to get those pokemon you haven't registered, you'd have to migrate or get a friend to trade it with you. I was wondering.

When we have battles with friends (or a random wireless battle with someone unknown), will those unknown pokemon be registered to your pokedex? Just as if you were having a normal player vs cpu in-game battle?

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
Years
Well, apparently it's Berserk due to the nature of the move Rage, and Gene due to the incorporation of Ditto.

I tried using Copycat against both opponents' Pachirisu, against Ditto and against Smeargle. Each time it became Pachirisu.

I guess it doesn't work with Copycat...That's fine. I knew it was too good to be true.

Interesting glitch, though what does this have to do with berserk gene? just curious.

And who did you use copycat against?

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I saw someone say on HG/SS that you can get a sinnoh ticket? is this true and how can you obtain it?

I know in the FAQ it says it isn't possible but is it possible now?

Yes. Here's how to get it. First, you fly to Vermilion City. Next, you surf near the ship and find the truck. Use Strength on the truck, and you will find a Mew. Catch the Mew and show it to Bill, who will be in Bill's Garden (North of Cerulean). He will give you the Sinnoh ticket. You will have to wait until there are 99 successful launches of the Mossdeep Space Center to go to Sinnoh.

Anyways, what is a good nature for a Gengar? I have a Rash natured Gastly, and I think that is great for a Gengar (+ Sp.Atk -Sp.Def), but is there a better nature I should hunt down. I caught it at Sprout Tower, by the way.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Moving to the help thread as I'm not quite sure myself but I'm leaning towards the 'wireless battles would not count as seeing them' answer.

@ Elgyem - Other good ones woult be natures that boost speed if you want a really fast one, and ones that reduce attack (unless you intend on exploding or focus punching I guess) would be slightly better too that lowering your special defence (not that it'd help much), but a sp. att boosting one is pretty good.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Ok, so this is sort of a general question involving all pokemon games, but since I'm playing Heartgold I guess I'll post it here.

In the GTS you can only search for pokemon you have seen in-game, in other words, pokemon already registered into your Pokedex. So to get those pokemon you haven't registered, you'd have to migrate or get a friend to trade it with you. I was wondering.

When we have battles with friends (or a random wireless battle with someone unknown), will those unknown pokemon be registered to your pokedex? Just as if you were having a normal player vs cpu in-game battle?

Since nobody else replied, I will.
Simple answer, no. When you battle it wont register as seen, don't know why but its like that. I wanted to do that once but it won't work. Sorry, I guess the only way is trading to get it seen. Or find it ingame.

Years
I recently found my Platinum, and have been playing until I found a bit of a "firewall".
After beating Candice, I beat the Galactic Commander near Snowpoint City. Now, I simply don't know what to do. I'm currently at Veilstone City seeing if I can infiltrate Team Galactic's Base, but I can't do that, either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yours, Will

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I recently found my Platinum, and have been playing until I found a bit of a "firewall".
After beating Candice, I beat the Galactic Commander near Snowpoint City. Now, I simply don't know what to do. I'm currently at Veilstone City seeing if I can infiltrate Team Galactic's Base, but I can't do that, either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yours, Will

You have to go to the Galactic Warehouse and meet Looker. It's pretty straight forward at that point. :)

Perriechu

Years
Ah, thank you, but where is Looker? I went into the
Warehouse searched around Veilstone and can't find him.
-Will

Are you sure you're in the Warehouse? And not Headquarters?

Once you're in the Warehouse, I'm pretty sure you walk up to the door and Looker will enter the Warehouse and unlock it for you.

Years
The sign says "Galactic Warehouse: NO TRESPASSING!", and when I walk in Looker does not enter, and when I look at the door it says that it needs a key, likely the key that looker has. Maybe I need to talk to Looker in another area to make him go to Veiltstone?
-Will

Perriechu

Years
The sign says "Galactic Warehouse: NO TRESPASSING!", and when I walk in Looker does not enter, and when I look at the door it says that it needs a key, likely the key that looker has. Maybe I need to talk to Looker in another area to make him go to Veiltstone?
-Will

Hmm. \: Are you sure that after defeating Candice you went to Lake Acuity and spoke to Jupiter?

Perriechu

Years
Yes, I beat the Galactic Commanders at both Lake Acuity and Lake Verity.

You don't battle at Lake Acuity. \:

Lake Acuity is the lake west of Snowpoint city. You have to use Rock Climb to get to it. \:

Years
Ah-ha!
Never mind, I spoke to the Galactic Grunt near the headquarters and I found looker.
:D
Thank you very much for your help.

Also, I apologize for my mix up of the lake names.
I fought the people at those lakes, I simply got the names mixed up. XD

Last edited:

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
I have a question to ask. If I delete my save file with Spiky-Eared Pichu (as it can't be traded), can I get a new one with same Shiny Pichu I used to get it the first time or is it impossible to get another one when it's once obtained?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It should be possible methinks - the only case doing that may not work is with the Celebi iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back