• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

English trailer just released!

Guy

just a guy
Years
Oooh, I wonder if that cover of the original theme song is going to be played during the opening. I think it'd be wonderful if they do! Either way, it's nice to see some promotion out for it and it's smart they used a familiar song. I've only dabbled in a few spoilers of what's happened so far in the X/Y anime as they air in Japan, but I can't wait for the dub to be out. I've heard very good things about it so far.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I think the cover of the theme is def to catch the attention of older viewers, to draw them into at least the commercials. I really hope it's not the official theme, though- the cover doesn't have enough energy imo and I mean... we've heard it so much. I want something new and exciting.

Years
It was about time!! Why are they showing the first episode tho? They have already aired the first 2 episodes, they could simply show the first 2 episodes a day earlier for those who didn't see them and then air episode 3 :(

Anyway, I am looking forward to it. I don't think this is the official soundtrack. ~_~ I want something new too.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I like the idea of re-introducing the original theme song to appeal to older fans. I do hope though that the anime itself is also created in a way that appeals to the franchise's older fans. (i.e. Ash doesn't forget everything, battles actually have some substance etc.)

Last edited:
Years
I saw this trailer when I was browsing Tumblr yesterday, I like how they did a remastered version of the original theme song probably for the nostalgia appeal. Still, even though the series will be heavily delayed where I am (Channel Eleven in Australia has still not aired Adventures In Unova yet) but all and all I'm looking forward to this series!

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
Years
Just saw this also. I bet they will use like only the beginning of the opening theme in X and Y.(like season 4 theme) Cause they aren't going to fit the whole 1 min original theme in the 30 seconds. Either that or a whole new theme I guess.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Wait... so...

Are they re-airing the first two episodes or not?

I need to know if I need to watch the first two episodes online or if they are going to re-air them.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
They're re-airing 1 on the 18th and 2 on the 25th in the US, presumably with whatever the new theme is going to be since they haven't been broadcast with one yet.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
As long as the theme won't be the same as the 'theme' from the preview, I will be fine. I've been too spoiled by AG's themes so I'm setting high expectations for XY's themes. I'm hoping that the remake of the original theme was just used for promotional purposes because I didn't like it that much.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Same here. Like I said, it was good for nostalgia and attention-catch, but as a theme it's pretty flat. Even as a cover it kinda falls short haha.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Gotta Catch 'Em All seems to be a marketing-based return to the original slogan (for marketing) back in 1998. No surprise after they tried to promote BW as a reboot, but it doesn't really make sense for XY. Why the original theme tune, anyway? Nostalgia appeal?

May be , Ash will Catch 'Em All in this series !
After all , Kalo has only 35 Pokemon and 3 of them are Legendary .
As a Kid , I believe ''Gotta Catch' Em All'' as literately Catching all the Pokemon .
Back Then , This is the only thing I cared about ! Ash catching all Pokemon including Legendary. I was native back then.
I wonder , How many Kids knew that ''Gotta Catch' Em All'' is just a slogan ! It doesn't have any actual meaning .

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I dunno about you guys, but using the original theme really doesn't fit the current nature of the Kalos saga, since Ash has never mentioned about trying to catch them all. It made sense in the first season due to being rookie trainer, but here, it feels misplaced.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
May be , Ash will Catch 'Em All in this series !
After all , Kalo has only 35 Pokemon and 3 of them are Legendary .
As a Kid , I believe ''Gotta Catch' Em All'' as literately Catching all the Pokemon .
Back Then , This is the only thing I cared about ! Ash catching all Pokemon including Legendary. I was native back then.
I wonder , How many Kids knew that ''Gotta Catch' Em All'' is just a slogan ! It doesn't have any actual meaning .

Kalos has 67 pokemon (I think)

As for the theme i love it!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Kalos has 67 pokemon (I think)

As for the theme i love it!

72 including the legends and event legends.

They need to announce a date for when it is gonna start airing weekly, I know they will re-air the 1st 2 episodes of the series when they do.

January 18th. It has already been confirmed according to Serebii.

Mewtwo - Prologue to Awakening movie is the week before.

I also love the theme as well, but think I like the true original more. Still nothing beats the Advance Gen Openings for me.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I dunno, I feel like ~inspirational theme songs are fine. What else do you want from it? It's always been friendship and adventure. I just want it to be energetic and fun. Which that cover is not.

Back