• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Winstrate Family

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
They were a challenge for me, because the Pokémon that I had on my team weren't strong enough. I was even beaten by one of their family members (don't remember who, exactly) once, so I was required to restore my Pokémon back to full health and battle them again. It wasn't very fun to battle against the Winstrate family, but with their help, I was able to level up a few of my Pokémon.

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
They're not challenging for me, at all.
Almost of their Pokémon were 1HKO'd by my Pokémon.
But yeah, they're useful for gaining exp. points. :D

I didn't know that Vito was related to this family too.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
The Winstrate Family was a piece of cake. Defeated all four family members as easily as brushing off dust from my shoulder.

...okay, enough of the similes. Yes they were quite easy for me to beat. Loved the extra experience points they gave me. Didn't really like it that they didn't give me the chance to switch my lead Pokemon before each battle though.

Years
Fun battles but unfortunately not hard at all. R/S/E weren't exactly the hardest of games though but I would've liked a bigger challenge anyway.. I demolished even Vito (?) in Victory Road.

Years
I took on all of the Winstrates as well and had no trouble with the fact that you weren't able to heal between the battles.. I just can't seem to remember if I took them on whenever I first approached their house on my journey or if I went back to them after I had gotten into the Hall of Fame to determine how much of a challenge they were.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Yea, to tell you the truth, it took me about five trys. The grandma always "smacked" me down with her Meditite. I really should have cought a taillow that run through.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
I never had any problems with them at all. Also, I didn't even know that the son was on Victory Road. I don't pay attention to the small details very often. Also, a lot of you are saying you would have liked to have been able to verse all 5 after the elite 4. Well, if you think about it, they aren't really training. Only he was. So, really, they would be about the same level and he'd be a lot higher. It wouldn't make sense.

Years
It was an interesting diversion in a game filled with interesting diversions, like the Trick House. But it wasn't the most memorable part of the game, you know? Kind of like a weak mini-gym that was just kind of there.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
In the (hopeful) remakes, I hope this family actually provides a challenge. I usually just used them to raise my weaker Pokémon because they were always so simple.

Back