• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
i want to migrate my pokemon from a fire red rom to a diamond rom patched with pokepatch, the problem is that the migrate option doesnt appear and i unlocked the pal park. both roms are in english and im using ysmenu what am i doing wrong?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
i want to migrate my pokemon from a fire red rom to a diamond rom patched with pokepatch, the problem is that the migrate option doesnt appear and i unlocked the pal park. both roms are in english and im using ysmenu what am i doing wrong?
You might want to take a look at the emulation section... this is more for help with HGSS/DPPt itself rather than problems arising from using roms of that game. But I imagine the fact they are roms would pose problems even if there are patches for such things. Maybe it only will work for legit gba games or the gba rom does not have the right sort of save file format?

Years
You might want to take a look at the emulation section... this is more for help with HGSS/DPPt itself rather than problems arising from using roms of that game. But I imagine the fact they are roms would pose problems even if there are patches for such things. Maybe it only will work for legit gba games or the gba rom does not have the right sort of save file format?

thanks ill investigate about the save file format but i think it wont work on roms ill try to get the gba games

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Dongle method?

So I'm replaying platinum for the first time since 2010, and I want a vulpix on my team. I see the only way to get one is via Leaf Green version dongle.
But what I can't find anywhere, is whether or not I can do this BEFORE the elite four?

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
Hi all, I have looked around to see if I could answer my own questions before posting but no luck, I really want a Darkrai on my Platinum version, I bought Platinum late so I've probably missed out on the Event pass, is there any other way to get one?

Zeus

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2012
^ I was actually wondering the same thing. To my knowledge there is no way unless you use AR to trigger the event or just trade with someone who got one through the event or used the AR to get the event. I hope there is another way since I have been looking for one.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hi all, I have looked around to see if I could answer my own questions before posting but no luck, I really want a Darkrai on my Platinum version, I bought Platinum late so I've probably missed out on the Event pass, is there any other way to get one?

Zeus

^ I was actually wondering the same thing. To my knowledge there is no way unless you use AR to trigger the event or just trade with someone who got one through the event or used the AR to get the event. I hope there is another way since I have been looking for one.

You can use an AR to get to New Moon Island, but you won't find Darkrai there, but you can use the AR to get the Member's Pass. You'll have to look up the code for that yourself.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
You can use an AR to get to New Moon Island, but you won't find Darkrai there, but you can use the AR to get the Member's Pass. You'll have to look up the code for that yourself.

Thank you for the tip, please forgive my ignorance but I have no idea what a AR code is? I just play the games lol, is there a link or a short explanation you could help me with please.

Zeus

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
AR is the common term used for Action Replay, a cheating device (you enter in codes to get what you want in the games, basically). That requires having an AR though and if you're not one for cheating... (heck, I'm not =p).

But besides from cheating for the Pokemon or the event item that triggers it the only current way to get one is to trade for it, which can be done on the Trade Corner section we have here.

ShinyGyaradosisShiny

Just some Neckbeard who plays Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2020
I made a post earlier about finding shelgon, do you HAVE to wait 70 days or can you just put 70 days ahead in your calender? Ds lite.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
I made a post earlier about finding shelgon, do you HAVE to wait 70 days or can you just put 70 days ahead in your calender? Ds lite.

If you mean set the calender 80 days forward, no. The game sees through that. there is another way; you could set the clock to 11:59; then wait a minute till the next day. that counts. but that would take ages.

oh, just saw platinum dude outposted me...

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
Might sound like a stupid question but on HG/SS, can you trade pokemon from the national dex i.e. Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon from one to the other before you have defeated the Elite Four?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Might sound like a stupid question but on HG/SS, can you trade pokemon from the national dex i.e. Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon from one to the other before you have defeated the Elite Four?

Yes, it's possible to receive Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon pre-National Dex.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years

When I bought my copy of Heart gold I used my platinum game to take the three starters then give them back so I could play gold with all three, it allowed me to trade as soon as prof Oak gave me the pokedex in HG.

Zeus

Years
[SIZE="a"]Does anybody have trouble connecting hg/ss to wifi using 3ds? It keeps giving me error code 51099 and saying Bo access point in range but I'm right next to it and all of my other games work with the wifi (pokemon black and 3ds games).[/SIZE]

bobandbill

one more time
Years
[COLOR=#a]Does anybody have trouble connecting hg/ss to wifi using 3ds? It keeps giving me error code 51099 and saying Bo access point in range but I'm right next to it and all of my other games work with the wifi (pokemon black and 3ds games).[/COLOR]
Try this thread, I suggest. And as far as I know HGSS should work just fine on the 3DS - nothing really makes it behav differently on the 3DS compared to other Pokemon games. Maybe check the settings you have for the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back