• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Gamers Unite

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
The best program for game making by far is multimedia fusion 2. Costs a good amount of money if you're not willing to 'acquire' it though. lol

Oh I usually have a special way of getting programs. XD

Have you used it a long time?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Yeah, I've used it since October, so like 7-8 months. You can learn to make games within a few days with that program, (very simple ones of course) and within a few months, you could be making games for real. It can only do 2D games though.

The Apples and Oranges link in my sig was made after like a week of using the program.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Man I hate your text colour, so difficult to read

tumblr_liwdtqXfz91qir4k4o1_400.gif

So when you 100% the game you really 200% it o.O How is it possible to get over 100% completion.. I'm totally lost' Also whats mirror mode? Is everything flipped and inverted?

Actually, no. For one to merely get a 100% file, they must collect all the 'KONG' letters and puzzle pieces. Collecting all of the 'KONG' letters will unlock the Golden Temple. If that is conquered, Mirror Mode will be unlocked accordingly.

To answer your other question, you're pretty spot-on with the exception of a few key details. In Mirror Mode, Diddy Kong is inaccessible and the player only gets one heart as opposed to the regular two. One hit, and the player must start from the last checkpoint. Believe you me, it's much harder than it sounds, as is trying to upgrade a regular gold medal to a shiny gold medal.

TY

Username: ShadowExcadrill
Current Console of Choice: PS3
Favourite Game: Midnight Club Los Angeles (the tuning is so awesome, i can do anything with it)
Mario or Luigi? Mario

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
@JoshaWott
haha Classic gif!
Oh that still sounds a bit weird to me, but i guess thats how they made the game and it does sound like a VERY impressive achievement to 200% a game.

@Capt
Do you make games as well :O

@Quilava
How long have you been making games for? What kind of games do you make?

@Torisora
Have you tried creating games before?

Whats the most time you've put into one game??

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Most time into one game... I think I have over 500 hours across all my Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep files. After that, I probably have 300 hours in Kingdom Hearts II and Pokemon Diamond, and then another ~200 in Tales of the Abyss. I'm pretty sure those are my tops.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
@Quilava
How long have you been making games for? What kind of games do you make?
I didn't start making real games until I got MMF2(And you could argue that they're not real games, because they aren't being coded with an actual language.), but I've been doing things like rom hacking, mapping for CSS/DODS, Morrowind modding, and other almost-game-things for many years.

Currently I'm making a 2D roguelike/rpg/simcity/thingydoodle. lol
Don't even have a name for it yet, but I'm a decent way into it, and have a lot of the plot/lore/etc. planned out.

As for your other question that I'm too lazy to bother quoting:
Most time in any one game would definitely be Counter Strike Source. I definitely have many thousands of hours (I'd guess over 5000, but no clue really) in that game, and even more if you count the mapping I've done for it.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
@YungKnowledge
I never played the resident evil games so i cant say I have any idea why you would put so much time into it! haha. Playing games as a youngster was the best though. there was actually a challenge to finishing a game!

@Lightning my god, the only game Ive putten a decent amount of time on is 250 hours in Pokemon Ruby and
I dunno probaly 100 days in runescape from when I use to play it way back 4 years ago.

@Quil that is also a lot of hours.. :O I assume you were a fan of it yes?
Also have you thought of going into actually programming? Like learning a language that you can program in? I think that seems to be where you should start thinking of heading rather soon. Do you want to work in the video game industry?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
@Lightning my god, the only game Ive putten a decent amount of time on is 250 hours in Pokemon Ruby and
I dunno probaly 100 days in runescape from when I use to play it way back 4 years ago.

@Quil that is also a lot of hours.. :O I assume you were a fan of it yes?
Also have you thought of going into actually programming? Like learning a language that you can program in? I think that seems to be where you should start thinking of heading rather soon. Do you want to work in the video game industry?
Yeah, I've already applied for a game design degree at digipen this year.

Years
Welcome ShadowExcadrill! :D

@ CarefulWetPaint - I studied Games Technology at University. It isn't as fun as it sounds, I loved the course but it is a lot of hard work. It was mainly to do with the programming side of the games, so yes, I have the knowledge to make games. I am currently touching up on my programming skills and learning new methods of how to do certain things I would like to try out in games, but I do make them yes.
I don't have anything published, but I should soon enough.

The most time I have put into a game? I have maxed out the clock on Pokemon Emerald! XD​

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Username: Rokusasu
Current Console of Choice: PC
Favourite Game: Y U DO THIS?! Um. Kingdom Hearts II. THOUGH I LOVE THE PERSONA SERIES AND DRAGON AGE/ MASS EFFECT LOTS TOO.
Mario or Luigi? Totally Luigi.

TY

My good old NFS Most Wanted for PS2... i played 1000 hours only for that last escape with the BMW so that says enough of the difficulty of the heat 6...

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Username: Rokusasu
Current Console of Choice: PC
Favourite Game: Y U DO THIS?! Um. Kingdom Hearts II. THOUGH I LOVE THE PERSONA SERIES AND DRAGON AGE/ MASS EFFECT LOTS TOO.
Mario or Luigi? Totally Luigi.

Welcome, Rokusasu!

Welcome Rokusasu!

You get a +1 for liking the Persona series. :D
I can't wait till the remake comes out for the PSV! :3​

What about P4 Arena?! It'll be like Street Fighter, but a thousand times more awesome! And I'm going to enjoy the likely familiarity to the BlazBlue series, considering Arc System Works is involved.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Yeah, I've already applied for a game design degree at digipen this year.

Oh thats pretty cool, hope you get in.

Welcome ShadowExcadrill! :D

@ CarefulWetPaint - I studied Games Technology at University. It isn't as fun as it sounds, I loved the course but it is a lot of hard work. It was mainly to do with the programming side of the games, so yes, I have the knowledge to make games. I am currently touching up on my programming skills and learning new methods of how to do certain things I would like to try out in games, but I do make them yes.
I don't have anything published, but I should soon enough.

The most time I have put into a game? I have maxed out the clock on Pokemon Emerald! XD​

Oh youre not working in gaming yet though are you? I swear you said you worked in IT though so you could already be there. Do you make indie games!? What kind of gamesss????
Also how do you max the clock.. how many hours is that even!

Weeeellllllcccoooooommmmmeeeee Shadow and Rokusasu!

@Shadow,
1000 hours into a racing game, my god were you in love????

@Roku
YESSS KH Fan ftw! How long have you put into KH games /is worried itll be huge.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
What is your longest in-game playing time:

Mine would have to be 400+ hours in Mario Kart 7. I used to play it non-stop, but have cut down to only weekends now. I'd like to consider myself pretty damn good now. :laugh:

Back