• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Pure Gold

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
i remember seeing some hero and heroine overworls that were empty. u can use those to make your own overworlds if your a noob at spriting. srry that i cant find where they are

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
wouldn't these do for the male overworld?:
spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/pokemon/sheet/18716

what do you want for the female one, the crystal or the DS ones?

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
Years
wouldn't these do for the male overworld?:
spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/pokemon/sheet/18716

what do you want for the female one, the crystal or the DS ones?

Hmmm, personally I think the OW sprite he has for gold right now is fine as it is, and I never did like those particular OW's, even when they were in Liquid Crystal. I think all the current one needs is the color change of his hat from Blue to black. If you change those colors his bag will come out gray as well, like it's supposed to be., so it's like a win win situation.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
tonti said:
Hmmm, personally I think the OW sprite he has for gold right now is fine as it is, and I never did like those particular OW's, even when they were in Liquid Crystal. I think all the current one needs is the color change of his hat from Blue to black. If you change those colors his bag will come out gray as well, like it's supposed to be., so it's like a win win situation.
Exactly :) The other set is also not to my liking, the one used by the GSC Platinum, its hard to find or get decent sprites :P

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
had a go at the female trainer sprite, is this what you had in mind?:

img688.imageshack.us/img688/5409/krisfinal.gif

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
had a go at the female trainer sprite, is this what you had in mind?:

img688.imageshack.us/img688/5409/krisfinal.gif

That isn't half bad! :D
I actually quite like it, but the decision isn't mind.
If I could suggest a improvement, I'd make the legs a little thinner.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
Wow! Awesome, I thought you'd may consider porting from Fire Red. This is a pretty sweet remake, Everything looks very professional! As always, if you need help with graphics, just send a PM or something.

dbzmay

Advanced Adventure
Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2019
The game seems very rustic in my opinion, in terms of graphics of course. I actualy prefer the original tileset, n youve used it to its best qualities. Hopefulyl a beta will be released soon as I support the "organized rustic look" of your hack. Cheers.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
here's the back animation for kris, + a bit of a touch up on the trainer sprite

img543.imageshack.us/img543/771/backanimation.gif

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Been a while since I've worked on the Pure Gold Titlescreen, at last its perfect. Previously, I had some problems–mainly because I didn't have a delay after the cry is played (On Fire Red, after the cry is played there is a delay before exiting) and no fading in or out. But that is history, I've fixed all that :) So, you can expect to see the Pure Gold Animated Titlescreen for sure on the first beta release. You can get the video here.

Baronnecro

AKA TolerantX
Years
AWESOMENESS!!! hey keep up the good work ppl. good job! "You did it! congratulations! Best cup of coffee in the world!"~Will Farrell (as Buddy the Elf)

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
A game that looks like Pokemon Gold. This looks like it'll be fun to play through! Will the game have the original soundtrack or some "remakes" of the original?

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2011
Looks good it has the day and night system which isn't in shiny gold good luck

Back