• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
does anyone know where i can find IconED? I've been looking everywhere and had no such luck.

Vednix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
www.wahackpokemon.com. You can translate it to English, just right click on the page and the Yahoo -> Translate to English. just click Tools on the right side of the page then there's Icon ED. Hope it helps.

Yes it did, thank you. Now something else has come up. I did some editing to put in ym own pokemon and now when i run it in VBA all i get is a gray screen. D:

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
How come..

How come every time I click "open script" in advance map, XSE opens, but no script..
Why? I want to edit the text of my script, inserted.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Every time I replace the male heroes in ruby the Pokemon the professor throws out (its suppose to be charmander in this test) gets replaced to.

huh2.png

huh.png

Anybody have any clue what's going on?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Every time I replace the male heroes in ruby the Pokemon the professor throws out (its suppose to be charmander in this test) gets replaced to.

huh2.png

huh.png

Well I think that the pointer that points to charmander's image has been repointed to the intro sprite image and the palette pointer is pointing to charmander's palette.

CerOo

HeX EditoR
Years
I'm looking for Rom Raiders' Hex (GBA) list thingy... I remember seeing it somewhere with some XSE stuff...

I looked for it everywhere ;<

PS> No one answered my question, so I'm posting it just in case...

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
Hello all! I have a basic question that I hope I can have answered. I'm making a Pokemon hack only for entertainment purposes a.k.a. it will be just a Hack Series. But I have a question. Is there a way in advance map or any other hacking tool to make the screen black and still have the text box appear? For example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtlLpReplqw&feature=PlayList&p=82A047401D33FEB2&index=0

0:22-0:28
0:51-0:57
1:11-1:17

I want to do this so I can introduce a character and his motives before actually introducing the character so it will come as a shock.

Hopefully someone can explain to me how I can do this. I really want to find the answer.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years

huh2.png

huh.png

Never mind I solved this by expanding the rom. I realized I was running out of free space when the game restarting at certain parts.

School days again...
Years
1. Is YAPE supporting bigger files? When I tried using YAPE before, it worked on the normal size of a rom, then I resized my rom into bigger, my fire red rom won't work in YAPE, then I resized again into it its normal size, my fire red rom won't still work. Could someone tell me what's the problem?

2. In order to change the order of the Pokedex, does it use a Hex Editor?

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
1. Is YAPE supporting bigger files? When I tried using YAPE before, it worked on the normal size of a rom, then I resized my rom into bigger, my fire red rom won't work in YAPE, then I resized again into it its normal size, my fire red rom won't still work. Could someone tell me what's the problem?

2. In order to change the order of the Pokedex, does it use a Hex Editor?

1- this is just a problem with your rom. I expanded my hack and yape works with it

2- yes

Vednix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
ok. I need confirmation if this is right.

say i wanted to put in my own pokemon. Could I go to the pokemon in UnLZ, import my sprite, and make the offset that of the other pokemon? Example: I wanted ti replace bulbasaur with my own pokemon. I import my new poekmon sprite and give it the sprite offset of the bulbasaur sprite. Then for the pallette and i could give it a offset that has the same pallette as my new pokemon. Would this work?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
ok. I need confirmation if this is right.

say i wanted to put in my own pokemon. Could I go to the pokemon in UnLZ, import my sprite, and make the offset that of the other pokemon? Example: I wanted ti replace bulbasaur with my own pokemon. I import my new poekmon sprite and give it the sprite offset of the bulbasaur sprite. Then for the pallette and i could give it a offset that has the same pallette as my new pokemon. Would this work?

Correct, but you would have to edit the Pokemon's data in YAPE or Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back