• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I know that I need a fifth badge. But how I can use the surf without it?

I am currently working on it.
But I'm busy with stuff so it will be awhile till I find anything...

Maybe you could try.
The theory is to find and edit the checkflags for the hm scripts.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
FIRE RED QUESTIONS

how do you insert town maps?

I keep trying to make signpost items, but it doesn't work.
in my hack it is on a shrub. can you put 1 there?

how do you make it so you don't have to go to the 2nd city to get oak's parecel, but can get it in pallet town?

what is the xse script for:

geting a cubone lv 15 with pokerus,

in advance map (ruby)
how can you make a tree headbuttable?
what behavior byte do you use?

and an eevee lv 7 with a pokedex, and 5 pokeballs?

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
post-new.png

I tried following THIS to change the may ow in FR and when i search in the hex editor it says it cant find the pointer.

The sprite pointer is 083A0470 and I search for 70043A08 which seems to match what he did but it still doesnt find it. But when I copy/paste what he did it finds the old man.

Also do I have to repoint ALL of the frames? Because all of the OW's seem to have 26 frames and that is extremely time consuming to have to repoint all of them.

Got a really bad response to this question can someone help me out?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
FIRE RED QUESTIONS

Search the turoials section for a world map inserting tut by haefele.

siper x said:

As far as I know you can put them anywhere.

siper x said:
how do you make it so you don't have to go to the 2nd city to get oak's parecel, but can get it in pallet town?

Make a new person in pallet town, give them a script, open it up in XSE, make them say something and add in a giveitem. Check RaiRai-Kun's XSE Tut for item numbers in hex.

siper x said:

givepokemon 0xcubone 0xE 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
You can search around for PokeRus, but as far as I know I don't think anyone knows how to do it.

siper x said:
in advance map (ruby)

I don't think there is a behavior byte for it in third generation games.

siper x said:

givepokemon 0xeevee 0x7 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
giveitem 0xpokeballs 0x5 0x - 0 if it's a person - 1 if you're finding them on the ground

I don't know the item or pokemon numbers offhand or even in hex, so just hit up RaiRai-Kun's tutorial for those.

Sgt. Custard

Novice Hacker
Years
FIRE RED QUESTIONS

in advance map (ruby)

The cubone would require a little bit of ASM - have a look at:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_substructures_in_the_GBA

and

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_structure_in_the_GBA

For the headbutt trees, try asking zel as he made them in Shiny Gold, but I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to create a signpost script and put it on that or edit an unused behaviour byte (not too sure where they're stored though.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
FIRE RED QUESTIONS

in advance map (ruby)

I'll make an attempt at these...
1. Do you mean "world map?" If you do, I'm not the one to ask, I'm currently being ignored on my own questions about that.

2. By signpost items I assume you mean hidden items. Well, if you check some of the in-game items, they have hidden IDs in A-Map. I'm not sure if this just numbers them or if each item must have a specific ID. I'm pretty sure it's the former. Just find an unoccupied number (hex).

3. Check out the Viridian Mart map in A-map. Go to header, press cntrl+H, and decompile the "map script." The event is basically just a level script. Now take that script, copy, edit as needed, drop it into a building in Pallet, and delete the old one (careful, there's a changemaptile in there... make sure you understand the script before messing with it).

4. I have no idea about the pokerus. A give-cubone script would be:
givepokemon 0x68(Pokemon hex number) 0x15(level) 0x0(item {non}) 0x0 0x0 0x0 (all 3 filler).

5. I have no idea, I don't mess with headbutting or Ruby.

6. Okay, so you'll need these in your script.
givepokemon 0x85 0x7 0x8B (oran berry) 0x0 0x0 0x0
giveitem 0x4 0x5 MSG_OBTAIN
setflag 0x828 (if it's your first pokemon)
setflag 0x829 (for the dex)
special 0x16F (for national dex, if you want it...)

That should cover it. You'll need the rest of the 'meat' for your script, obviously.
Sounds like you're working on something. If you have any more issues, you can PM me. It will give me something to do.

@Cello: for the script, just find it in A-map and check in the offset box (or, for a level script, go to pro-header view and check the 'map script' box). For the map, that should be in the map header section as well, though I haven't messed with that enough to be sure...

Last edited:
Years
*Sigh*I'm having problems with the regi's OW sprites again...I repointed the OWs to different
offsets(With Overworld Changer) but they're still the same!(Black)What the **** am I doing wrong?I don't want to start all over again...

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Map problem:

My tiles all look fine and have no animations set to them in A-Map, yet when I play the game some of the tiles have like split water animations to them. What's up with this?
Screenshot attached.

Nnnn this map editor is always giving me problems.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2010
Hello everyone, I'm working on a fire red hack but I've encountered a problem. I put in 2nd and 3rd generation pokemon, but they won't evolve. They go into the sequence of evolution, but it stops and says "..?".
Why does it do this, and what could I do to fix it?
Thanks,
-Jarcon

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Hello everyone, I'm working on a fire red hack but I've encountered a problem. I put in 2nd and 3rd generation pokemon, but they won't evolve. They go into the sequence of evolution, but it stops and says "..?".
Thanks,
-Jarcon

you need to have national dex to see third generation so make a script when you get the natinal dex

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Thanks,
-Jarcon
This is because you haven't enabled the national dex. To do so, just stick this into one of your early scripts (preferably into the same one that gives you the pokedex).

special 0x16F

That will enable the national dex, and let your pokemon evolve.

On another note, I just installed Dialga into my hack, and to test him I made up a script where this guy would give him to me. Problem is, he gives me an Illumise instead of Dialga...
So, the details.
-I stuck Dialga into the slot right after celebii.
-The relevant section of script reads: givepokemon 0x187 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
-I have not yet messed with the icon or cry.
-I have already installed the front and back sprites for Dialga.
-I also cannot edit Dialga's pokedex entry in any way; I don't know why.

What gives?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Does any one know of a sav editor for pokemon fire red.
No one does not exist.

There have been some programs that can do some things with gba saves but they aren't in the mainstream...

This is because you haven't enabled the national dex. To do so, just stick this into one of your early scripts (preferably into the same one that gives you the pokedex).

special 0x16F

That will enable the national dex, and let your pokemon evolve.

On another note, I just installed Dialga into my hack, and to test him I made up a script where this guy would give him to me. Problem is, he gives me an Illumise instead of Dialga...
So, the details.
-I stuck Dialga into the slot right after celebii.
-The relevant section of script reads: givepokemon 0x187 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
-I have not yet messed with the icon or cry.
-I have already installed the front and back sprites for Dialga.
-I also cannot edit Dialga's pokedex entry in any way; I don't know why.

What gives?

My team has a tool that should help you.
I posted the thread I'm just waiting for it to be approved.

Click on the last userbar in my sig.
Got to tools.
Team Snag'em

Sanyco-007

Beginning Hacker
Years
I thought so at the HM script, I will try. Who knows how to activate National Dex in Ruby with out trade with the Fire Red?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I thought so at the HM script, I will try. Who knows how to activate National Dex in Ruby with out trade with the Fire Red?
You can use the following.
#org @start
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
end

credit Mastermind_X

just add those witebytetoooffsets to a script and your good.
vm me if you don't understand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back