• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
My old street was mostly made up of elderly residents, so the desire to go trick-or-treatin' was always very minimal, considering that we were the only kids to do it. And no one came to our house either (again, the aforementioned old folks don't really desire chocolate or other sweets), so Halloween was always just like any other day, really. Even towards the end of school and at uni, there might have been some parties organised, but never within my circle of friends... woe is me!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I was never allowed to go trick or treating when I was younger. Mum would always say, "You don't know who's out there! They could be pedos, kidnappers.. they could have even poisoned the lollies!" Oh well. ): Haha, but I really didn't mind since in Australia we don't celebrate it as much as the Americans do. :P Although I've had quite a fair few knock on my door in the past couple of years. I'd just give them an apple. Haha, even out all the sugar they're going to eat. :P I'm surprised I didn't get punched in the face. xD

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I haven't done anything for Halloween in ages, just sort of loses its appeal after a while. Though I think if I ever got into costume making, I would probably find it interesting. (still slowly working on making clothes though, yay progress!) The most I usually do is pretty damn lame - watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! on TV with a snack or two...and that's more because it kind of always signals the start of one of my favorite seasons rather than the holiday itself.

Years
Ah, movie watching. What I love about Halloween is there never seems to be an end to movies you can watch for it.

I'd like to watch a bunch of old monster movies this year, like Dracula and all those old classics.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
If you can find it, you should totally watch the Spanish version of Dracula. It was filmed at the same time as the iconic 1931 version, same set and costumes. Only difference is that the crew for the Spanish version filmed at night and that meant they got to see what the English crew had done that day, giving them a bit of an advantage in knowing how certain angles might look and if they should change them. The story is exactly the same, but the visual presentation is different. It's pretty bizarre to watch for the first time if you know the English version well.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Couldn't find the picture itself, but this picture is the best thing ever, and sums up my thoughts when the male character ride the ferris wheel with N.

Perfect for shipping とうこ and N together but the male character... Bah.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
N just creeps me the hell out in general. I haven't finished Black yet (I just started playing my first run two weeks ago) but so far...creepy mccreeperson.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
N just creeps me the hell out in general. I haven't finished Black yet (I just started playing my first run two weeks ago) but so far...creepy mccreeperson.

He's a sort of anti-hero, supposed to remain mysterious for the entire game, but he's a very human character though as shown near the end of the game. I can see why you thought he was creepy though.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I apologize once again for interrupting conversation, but playing Platinum reminded me of this image which I had lying in my Photobucket. HURR MORE POKEMON LOGIC COMIN' YOUR WAY

1bb0bd6cf834a3d62d28cb8b81bb82854670eaab-1.jpg

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
xD Honestly I think I'm one of the few people who has never really loved the Shinx line; so many people seem to love Luxray, but I just haven't for some reason. :s

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
xD Honestly I think I'm one of the few people who has never really loved the Shinx line; so many people seem to love Luxray, but I just haven't for some reason. :s
Never liked the designs, but the typing, moveset and names are cool.

By the way, I'm back.

Years
It always weirded me out when one of my fully evolved pokemon would get intimidated by a basic. XD I mean, how frightening could a pokemon that only comes up to your ankle be?

Years
If you can find it, you should totally watch the Spanish version of Dracula. It was filmed at the same time as the iconic 1931 version, same set and costumes. Only difference is that the crew for the Spanish version filmed at night and that meant they got to see what the English crew had done that day, giving them a bit of an advantage in knowing how certain angles might look and if they should change them. The story is exactly the same, but the visual presentation is different. It's pretty bizarre to watch for the first time if you know the English version well.
That sounds crazy, but interesting. Ever since seeing Hugo I've wanted to see more early movies. They seemed to take all kinds of creative risks back then that you don't see today.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I love movies from the silent era! One of my favorites is Metropolis...seriously one of the best sci-fi movies of all time (silent or not). The thing I love about silent films is that it makes them so much more accessible to foreign watchers. Metropolis originally had German intertitles, but because they are intertitles and not subtitles they're easily localized for other audiences. Unfortunately most of the films from the silent era are lost or destroyed.

Although speaking of Metropolis, one of my favorite anime films was based off of it (also called Metropolis).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Omg my teacher made us watch 20 minutes of that and I was like wtf.

Years
Metropolis was really good. I saw it on TMC (I think) a little while ago after they had found a bunch of lost footage from it.

And the animated movie called Metropolis was pretty good, too.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Was the animated movie French? Tom was telling me about it earlier and I wasn't sure if it was the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back