• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions Thread! [OLD]

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
omg ;A; thank you for this thread!!!
>_> I feel like it was made just for me and my billion questsion!

and my newest question.
When it comes to value of full arts, specifically full art trainers (colress in this case)
Any idea what happens to value over time?

Years
omg ;A; thank you for this thread!!!
>_> I feel like it was made just for me and my billion questsion!

and my newest question.
When it comes to value of full arts, specifically full art trainers (colress in this case)
Any idea what happens to value over time?

Value for those is generally highest when they are new, and it may be a while before those are very sought after, increasing their value again.

Colress itself is likely to drop in value after its rotated from competitive play in 2-ish years due to it being very playable as a draw option right now.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Indeed. Cards are worth generally more value when they are allowed to be played in tournaments. Once they are out-rotated they generally lose their standard price.
When cards are first released and people are trying to acquire them during Pre-releases they can be worth more or less than the standard price until the meta game sorts itself out. For example some people may want to be the first to acquire a play set of full art Colress so they'll be valued higher than normal during a Pre-release. Some cards may be valued less due to 'lack of foresight.' This can happen due to a card that people wouldn't feel would see play and then it turns out to be really good, so the price increases and then standards out. Prices of cards are usually about supply and demand. If a card is very rare and everyone wants it, then it's price will naturally reflect that on the secondary market (eBay) and traders alike.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
ok i have this palkia lv. x and on the bottom it says that it can use any attack from its previous level.
do i need the necessary energies for the previous palkia?
here's the link:

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4137/4880366973_350be29def_z.jpg

Yes you do. In order to use a required attack you need the energy cost in order to do so. Lv Xs allow you to have a stronger version of the "said Pokemon" but usually will a good ability and an extra attack. So you can use the attacks of both forms but MUST have the energy required.

Years
Yes you do. In order to use a required attack you need the energy cost in order to do so. Lv Xs allow you to have a stronger version of the "said Pokemon" but usually will a good ability and an extra attack. So you can use the attacks of both forms but MUST have the energy required.

oh thanks, now another question, this palkia's 'wormhole' attack makes me switch with one of my benched pokemon
then, my opponent switches with one of his own benched pokemon.

Even if i knock out the defending pokemon,do i still retreat?
http://ptcg.kachitta.net/scans/CL/19-palkia.jpg

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
No. Palkia Lv X is not an evolution form. You can use various other methods of getting the card such as Ultra ball, Pokemon Communication, Luxury Ball etc.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
if a pokemon is paralyzed, does that mean i can't use SWITCH to switch it with one of my benched pokemon?

You can switch, and that will cure it of paralyze. Works great if you switch with a Pokemon that has no retreat cost...

Back