• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The bottom line~Wrestling Fan Club~ WWE/TNA

Years
I agree with a lot of your list. Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, and CM Punk will no doubt be the cornerstone of WWE programming for years to come. Bad News Barrett, I'm still holding out hope for. Dude has a ton of potential and has improved immensely since his first days in NXT/The Nexus. Hopefully #BNB, while as entertaining as I find it, either doesn't take off and they change plans, OR then hugely takes off (basically, he wrestles... Haha.)

As for my over 30s... The only other superstar I'd like to see billed as 'the future' is Tyson Kidd. The Workhorse, who is one of the best wrestlers in WWE, should've had a run with the IC title by now, but I guess he was injured, too.

For under 30s, I think that all three members of The Shield will flourish, especially Reigns. Ambrose is the most successful right now, but he's only defended the US Championship a handful of times, if even. Cody Rhodes is GREAT right now, I'm enjoying him a lot lately. He (with Goldust) has been putting on the match of the night a LOT lately, and it's not a coincidence. He's just been great lately. And, of course, I think Bray Wyatt will one of, if not, the most successful under 30. When he first showed up, he was one of the hottest things going, but I sort of lost interest after he abducted Kane and that was in... Now, he's in the fire again, and I think he'll stay. He's feuding with Bryan, the most popular superstar in WWE today... He can (hopefully) only go up from here.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Welcome magicarp good lists, didn't really go out on a limb since everyone you mentioned has a solidified spot on the main card and most are involved in storyline which indicates good thing(company support) nowadays. The two i question are the two not involved and without solid spots, Alex Riley and mason ryan. First off, I think the miz is maybe one of the worst wwe super stars of all time so that should tell you what I think of his wanna be protege alex riley. As so for mason ryan haven't seen to much of him to have an opinion. I would love to see Cody as a top guy, heel preferibely, but he has been there awhile, and this tag team is the hottest thing he's done. He has great in ring ability, however his charisma and promos are and have always lacked which is mind boggling considering his family lineage. I sure as he hope sandow takes over that del rio slot as top heel he has money written all over him but he needs to go back to his colored trunks and get the man a nice robe unlike the bath rode he use to sport. Ziggler is my favorite worker, I just wish he would be more offensive and get pushed he is a miz between Shawn michaels and mr perfect, maybe he needs a new finisher? Obviously the shields slated for big things. Roman has best look. But I think dean will eventually outshine him and Rollins. Dean is on par with bray wyatt whn itc comes to talking. Two maniacs with tons of charisma. As far as orton I wish he'd go away for awhile and add something to his character his promos are extremely boring, his matches are even boring whih is weird cuz he can work but it's all so repetitive. He needs a break. Cm punk best in the world enough said. Bryan should be champ and feud with a heel punk. Finally for barret, not a fan of the new gimmick. It's just another sad example of a guy who can work can tm has everything you want but absolutely no direction on plan that fits. It may be too late for him.

But guys lets start doing live raw and smackdown chats! I feel it will boost activity which will get more peoples attention and hopefully more will add to conversations.

Years
Mizz is afwul indeed and I don't know whate they're trying to do with Barrett. He was so awesome at NXT, The Nexus and even a bit at The Corre. WWE is not using him right and his gimmick now is a joke. His official name even changed from Wade Barrett to Bad News Barrett. Dean, Roman, Cody, Bray are the hottest rising superstars right now. As for Ziggler, can't understand why they're burrying him.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I can't understand what their doing with Ziggler either he has big time star written all over him but it's getting to the point where there dangerously close to missing the boat on him. The way there using him is indeed burying him and one can only take do much of that b4 the fans totally lose interest.

Everyone let's have a live chat tomorrow night for raw as the animal Bautista returns!!

Honest

Hi!
Years
He should have returned as a heel, that's what he's more natural as. Meh, whatever. I just want newer faces headlining Mania. Both Orton and Batista have at this point (well, I believe the latter has).

I'm happy Bryan's on TV today despite his concussion. Still too early to tell if he'll be okay for it though.

Years
Apparently, Bryan is cleared to wrestle again, which is good to hear.

I think Batista is a better heel, but I guess he's a face to offset the amount of main event heels (Orton/Lesnar vs. Cena)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Joining, if it's okay! c:

Ack, R.I.P Mae Young; I had no idea she passed on. =(

I dunno, I never really liked Batasta as a heel.. that much. Well, at first, it was a really amazing concept with him and Rey, but.. eh, I sort of lost interest just before he went off the WWE. ;o;

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I agree Bautista will make a good babyface. I'm wondering what's going on with the authority/ new age outlaws and cm punk tho. The authority haven't been acting heelish lately, even hugging Bautista and scolding orton, but you know the outlaws are acting based on their orders. Also cm punk #1 entrant in the rumble spells long run but no win what do you guys think?

Is anyone else exhausted of Rey vs delrio? I know wwe has to push the Latino demographic but to me Rey should just retire, del rio is stale and lame no one likes him and this is just making it worse in my opinion.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
To say no one likes him might be exaggerating it a bit, but his character really is stale. As for Punk, he won't be winning. The clash with HHH seems too evident. I'd be really happy to be proven wrong.

Also, to clarify what I said in the last post, Batista is a jerk as a person in real life. I guess I feel that makes him more suited as a heel in my opinion.

Years
Del Rio/Mysterio put on a good match, but three in a row... Same with Del Rio/Hunicara. Overdoing it kinda kills the lustre of the match.

Punk as #1... Well, I don't think he has a great chance of winning the Rumble, especially when not only are there 29 other guys in the Rumble, but there are 5 rivals after him too (The Shield and The Outlaws). If he manages to pull through, that'd be great, but I'm still not convinced as to who will win the match.

I don't think it'll be Batista, it's too obvious... Although, Cena won last year and he was the 'obvious' choice.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I'm sticking by my Batista pick, only other person I could see winning is Bryan but he has the Wyatt's to deal with. I don't think we'll see an out of no where winner, or a up and comer such as reigns or big e.

As for del rio, forget his positioning and spot what other guy besides Kofi and some of the divas get that zero reaction that del rio gets. He can go in the ring albeit his stuffs getting real old like orton. But I don't think anyone cares for del rio too much since he lost Ricardo. But placing him in a rivalry with Batista can only help him.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Well, I mean, it's very viable that Bryan ends his feud with Wyatt at Rumble. I hope he does, actually, cause otherwise, it'd be dragging out. But I do think it's either Batista or Bryan. Bit of a fantasy booking here, but it'd be sick if Reigns won. Could be the reason the Shield implodes. Almost definitely wont happen, but that's fantasy booking for you.

Agreed that having lost Ricardo essentially killed Del Rio's character. Also, I don't know if it'll be helping Del Rio to be feuding with Batista. It's been 4 years, so forgive me if I'm calling it wrong, but I don't recall him to be someone who can make their opponents shine. THEN AGAIN, Del Rio versus Big Show was extremely well done, so eh. Who knows?

As for Raw, what the hell happened at the end? Who's car was that?

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I'm jot saying Batista will sell tremendously for him and make him shine but just being in there against Batista is good publicity and shows how high wwe is on del rio.

As to the end of raw, I can't believe I'm saying this... I was glad to cena come put an end to that boring match I've seen a million times, cool to see them go in the crowd and out of the arena brought back that old school feel. I don't think anyone per say was in the vehicle just a random car he got into. How could anybody know to be there to pick him up when cena hadn't even arrived yet? Talk about kayfabe being dead, it's gotta be random your looking too much into that.

Honest

Hi!
Years
That makes absolutely no sense though. I get that WWE logic is of a different breed than regular logic, but it make zero sense for it to be random. People are going to question who that car's owner is. My guess, someone who's going to be directly involved in Sunday's match.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Lol I bet you anything it's random dude. Listen to me it was suppose to be an "unscripted altercation" so how would anyone know to be there waiting for orton... Your thinking way to much about it. If it was someone the announcers would've sold it they were saying he stole the car at first. Trust me I know the business, and usually I'm right things. Announcers no selling=nothing to be concerned with.

Years
I actually didn't watch the end of RAW (I'm just going off results), but I'm going to guess that it was, like Bestintheworld said, a random guy. However, it'd be pretty surprising/cool if it ended up being someone integral. I don't know who it could be, seeing as Triple H said that Orton would go into this thing alone.

It probably was Orton's personal driver, though. Orton knew that Cena was coming that way, and everyone knew that Cena was coming to the ring for Orton. Like said, I didn't watch the altercation, though; did Orton look like he was trying to run from Cena? If so, it was probably just a pre-planned getaway by Orton and his driver ("Cena's coming for me, wait here, I'm going to run from Cena to here, and get ready to drive away").

Maybe, I'm entirely wrong. xD

Honest

Hi!
Years
Unscripted? Even in the WWE's universe, what the hell else would Orton think Cena was going to do? Have a nice conversation with him? It makes sense in kayfabe that there would have been someone waiting for Orton. I could be wrong about it being anyone in particular, but I don't think I am. The announcers no selling is a good point though. I guess we might as well wait for everything to play out.

Also, I've been following the WWE for years, so I know how the business works too. I'm not randomly blurting things out.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I'm just saying it couldn't have been planned, 1 orton didn't know when cena would arrive, 2 he was in the middle of a match,3 I don't think he planned running through the crowd to escape from an interfering cena.

Anyway Brock vs big show picked up more steam tonight. At first I wasn't thrilled for it nor am I thrilled for any big show match. But there doing a good job with this i just hope big show goes away after. To me he just doesn't fit in with anyone or any story, and his in ring work is pretty dreadful but pair him with a big brawler like Brock it could work. After this however whats next for Brock he wants to wwe title but he's not in the rumble, so I hope they got something good for him.

As for Batista being put with del rio and Brock with big show, I honk there both mistakes. Wwe needs to use their star power to
Boost guys like Ziggler, Bryan, the shield, the Wyatt's, big e, and other young guys. Even punk could benefit from working with Batista or Brock again. I understand some of these guys I mentioned are I'm other storylines and such but I suggesting wwe mixes these ppl together sooner than later. Thoughts?

Back