• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Survey: Did you create your account for ROM Hacking?

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2012
I'll admit, I joined here just for ROM Hacking, although I had fourth gen hacking in mind.

Maikass

Pokemon Addict
Years
guilty! Yes, i made this account specially for ROM HACKING because i can't seem to find any good hacked roms on the internet, hopefully this is the place to be!

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Yup!

If I'm not mistaken, I joined specifically to make a Gold and Silver remake that I had dubbed SunGold/MoonSilver. And I think that was before ShinyGold came out, totally blew me out of the water, and I began to consider more original hacks.

I remember zel and TreeckoLv.100 being people I looked up to. Nowadays, it seems like GBA ROM hacking had barely scratched the surface back then. Now we can do all sorts of amazing things conveniently that I don't think many people could do back when I joined.

The community has come a long way, that's for sure.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I joined PokeCommunity to download Rom Hacks. Then I left PC for 2 months and then I started to become an active PC member. I also learned a few things from PC like Spriting,Leadership(From Pokemon Cluns)etc

bondi.blues

there is a glow at the horizon
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2013
I joined a while back on a different account. I first joined just so I could download and play other people's hacks.

Eventually I really got into mapping. Some people might remember me as sasquatchd00d. I wanted to get back into mapping and since it's been so long I decided to start fresh with a new account. I feel like I've forgotten a lot of things and I feel like a newbie all over again. I'm not even sure I remember how to use AdvanceMap (that's the mapping program right?) anymore.

chestertagat

Dumbest Person in the World.
Years
Yes..
Created my account because of ROM Hacking..
by seeing the most popular completed hacks..
Flora Sky and Light Platinum..
I am encouraged.
but still,, no proof of work until now..

Years
I'd been stalking all the hacking tutorials and such on here for a while without joining, but I finally ran into some things I couldn't solve on my own. So I joined and it's been really helpful so far! There are so many great hackers here...

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Joined almost six years ago because of ShinyGold.

thizzman

PKMN rom maker and hacker
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 9, 2022
Yea, I made my account for rom hacking.. Thats about my only reason!
I've been a rom hacker for like a year! until I found this website.. Instead of this I just used youtube! This works a lot easier! I'm a little new (not really) I've made a couple friends and that so yeah! (:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
NOPE! Wow, I'm probably the first who didn't join PC just because of ROM hacking hahaha. (Didn't bother checking the previous pages; was too lazy hehe~) xD I joined purely because I Love Pokemon, and also to find people who share the same love of Pokemon with me. <3

PenguinStorm

Stormeo
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Yeah pretty much.... Im planning on gathering a team in order to create one

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Yes, I did, but unfortunately I haven't been able to open my help thread (I need some help on my beginning stages of the game, as this is my first serious ROM Hack project), because the mods haven't verified or declined my thread for some reason. Cheers. I would like to know a place where I can get helped by experienced script writers.

Trainer Jun

Team Rocket Veteran Trainer
Years
I just came back to this and saw my original post on page 1... And MAN have I learned a bit since then! XD

I came into rom hacking by accident, in 2012, after seeing a video of ShinyGold on youtube. I kind of fell into it like I tripped into a bottomless pit, since all I wanted at the time was to see a cool Pokemon game... And I have been making games since around 2005ish... So I was no novice to game development coming onto the scene. I'm also in RPGMaker VX Ace forums, so look out for me there.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
i joined just to play rom hacks and light platinum and liquid crystal where the two hacks that made me make an account, i actually wanted to get into rom hacking myself because i wanted to do a pokemon yellow remake, but i never could get the hang of it especially the scripting and spriting because i wanted to have RSE chars like Brendan May and Steven appear in it.

Back