• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Iridium

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
;D I love to give comments. I think Pichu or Togepi would be fun for egg giveaways. I'd love to see more challenging Gyms. I'd love to do that in my game too.

I dunno, I like your project... so if you supply me with some ideas I might be able to help out with some Pokémon in my spare time.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Hey all! I figured now would be a good time to start talking about little new features.

So I don't know about how any of you play the official Pokemon Games, but when I am in the gym I try to aviod as many trainers that aren't the Gym leader as possible. Well I decided to add a feature to Iridium to deture this type of action.

The Gym Points Feature
In the game you have to register for the IRIHO POKeMON LEAGUE, in the POKeMART in TREEFAR CITY, well when you register you also will be given a special card, call the Point Card.

For every non-leader trainer you defeat in a gym, you will be awarded one point. Every gym now has a basement floor where you can redeem your gym points.

The prizes will included things like TMs, Special Items, Hard to find Items, and even POKeMON.

The Trainer Points Feature
Later in the game,(Near NUSTONE CITY, the third gym), you will somehow come across another points card, this time for normal route trainers. Only trainers from that point forward in IRIHO will award points.

These points work the same way as Gym Points, except they will be redeemable only in NUSTONE CITY.

The prizes will be less valuable since normal trainers are in such abundance. You can win TMs, and Special/Hard to find Items, and Evolution Stones.

I think these are nice little features to show more awards to those who take the time to defeat trainers, other than their Pokemon getting stronger.

Sincerely,
Minor

Atomic Reactor

I would have never thought of it T_T
can't wait to try it out :P

keep up the good work.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, I usually try to battle everyone I can, so I suppose having points would be pretty nice, as it suits my play style.

Just wondering, are you going to have a way of rebattling trainers? And if so, which way? Phone, Match Call / Trainer's Eyes, VS Seeker, or a totally new method?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
That is a great idea for a new feature, and if I hadn't already reached my quota for stolen ideas this month I'd take it... maybe September?

Anyways, like Wichu asked: Is there going to be a Vs. Seeker equivalent in Iridium?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Those are really great ideas, Minorthreat0987.
The gym idea is also a pretty good feature, because it adds something extra to the gym.

Also, I like the trainer idea as well, because I noticed that people can just simply skip trainers, and the problem is, sometimes their Pokémon are weaker once they've done that.

These features will make people want to battle a little more.

I really like this game a lot, keep up the great work.

Last edited:

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Well, I usually try to battle everyone I can, so I suppose having points would be pretty nice, as it suits my play style.

Just wondering, are you going to have a way of rebattling trainers? And if so, which way? Phone, Match Call / Trainer's Eyes, VS Seeker, or a totally new method?

Well, to be honest, I haven't thought much about it! :D.

I'm I am sure something along those lines will be available in Iridium.

Now, unfortunately, some kinda bad news. Well school has started, and my schedual is pretty loaded, so my time to work on Iridium has been cut down. Stupid AP Chemistry! AH But hopefully I will get time to work on it occationally.

Thanks all. Keep supporting the game. It's not dead, just creeping along in the shadows for a little thats all!

I am sincerely sorry.

Please keep up the support

Sincerely
Minor

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Sad news to anyone who still cares about this project. The project file has been lost...Which is quite terrible. Everything is gone. I don't know how it happened. It sucks really badly but oh well.

I might start another project I'm not sure yet. As soon as I figure something out I will make a post somewhere on these forums to let every one know.

Thank you.
And I am sincerely sorry.

Minorthreat

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
a 98y2qtewfgqwEPWETKLHGB QW;LETYWIUR'\

That's me smashing the keyboard in anger...

Minorthreat, I am so sorry to hear that, the project was doing great... well, good luck in all your other endeavors...

PS. What actually happened?

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
a 98y2qtewfgqwEPWETKLHGB QW;LETYWIUR'\

That's me smashing the keyboard in anger...

Minorthreat, I am so sorry to hear that, the project was doing great... well, good luck in all your other endeavors...

PS. What actually happened?

I'm not sure, the file just dissappeared. I think one of my siblings or friends deleted it. I left it up one night when I went away and when I came back it was all gone and not in the recycle ben either. I was so angry!

I might restart a project under the same name I'm not sure yet but I will keep people updated if I decided to do something new.

Atomic Reactor

Is that honestly what happened ?

:(

nvm. I guess i can believe that.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
yeah... ive herd that story before.
Is that honestly what happened ?

:(

nvm. I guess i can believe that.

I know it sucks doesn't it! I think I'm going to restart in a sense, change a lot of stuff though, make a new thread all the good stuff. So keep your eyes peeled, hopefully!

Xemphos

The Destroying Beast
Years
HOW DOES SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPEN!
Oh man I was looking forward for this to
Oh well at least this time you could make it better....maybe.......possibly

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Okay, I'm in the process of trying to recover the files. But even if I do find them, I am still probably going to restart iridium due to many issues in the direction the game was headed. I am also considering steping the game up into the next generation, going DP style using a combination of Kyledove, Speed, and my own tiles based on that style....but this all depends on whether I find the files and like the outlook.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, you could always rip your own tiles from the screenshots in the thread...

And also, this is why I back up Amethyst on a USB stick every few weeks. It might be a good idea to do this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back