• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best emulator?

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
Which one is the best emulator to play with with 4th Gen games?

Im looking for something with some kind of speed up toggle (at last 200%), some way to trade pokes from one game to the other and something stable enougth (once a day crash at most).

I will appreciate some help in here. Also, Im kind of new to this forum so if I broke any rules with this thread sorry in advanced.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
The best "DS" emulator is No$gba but "YOU CANNOT PLAY POKEMON HG/SS OR BLACK AND WHITE" Nintendo put an anti-piracy patch on them so they crash constantly. But you can play Diamon, Pearl, and Platinum but if you wan't more than just Pokemon games then most will play but pretty much no games after 08 or 09. That's when they started patching the games. I didn't have any problems with crashes when I was playing Platinum on it and that's with the speed up. You can also hold down + for even faster speed =D. Remember it is also illegal if you don't have the DS and games. Also, it's impossible to trade on an emulator sorry..

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
The best NDS emulator is actually DeSmuME, if your computer can handle it.
Otherwise, NO$GBA is a decent alternative. HG/SS and B/W should work with it, provided you patched the rom files beforehand.

(By the way, this would be better suited in the Emulations forum.)

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
The best NDS emulator is actually DeSmuME, if your computer can handle it.
Otherwise, NO$GBA is a decent alternative. HG/SS and B/W should work with it, provided you patched the rom files beforehand.

(By the way, this would be better suited in the Emulations forum.)

My computer can't hand it and its got a 2.7 dual processor, 6GB or ram and a decent graphics card. You pretty much need 1GB graphics card, i7 processor and at least 4GB of ram. At least that's what I think cuz my computer is damn fast and can play games like Black Ops but can't handle DeSmuME?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
My computer can't hand it and its got a 2.7 dual processor, 6GB or ram and a decent graphics card. You pretty much need 1GB graphics card, i7 processor and at least 4GB of ram. At least that's what I think cuz my computer is damn fast and can play games like Black Ops but can't handle DeSmuME?
I have i3 and DeSmuME runs smoothly...

I don't know if you guys expect VBA-like speed on DS games or something that all of you are saying that DeSmuME is slow, well open your eyes, emulation of DS games will never be as easy as GBA ;)

We should be grateful that it's even working.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
Thanks to all of you :)

Sorry for the wrong section, I wasnt really sure in which area this should belong.

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
The best emulator is NO$GBA for every kind of NDS Game.
You can play HG/SS or Black and White with DeSmuMe.

But maybe one day we could play HG/SS/Black/White on NO$GBA, because its developer, Martin Korth, has returned. He is developing a SNES emulator, i think, as I saw in his official site, but one day he could return working on NO$GBA. It would be fantastic!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 16, 2017
Actually there is a fix for US Soul Silver and Heart Gold. I just found out recently. Just go to cheats, and enter this code:

020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

It's an action replay code that allows you to play both games. Happy pokemon hunting. C:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
EDIT:WAIT A SECOND!I just noticed this thread is from 2012 ANNO DOMINI!
...Uhm,but nobody minds about that,right...?

For NDS games the most used emulators on computer are "Desmume" and "No$Gba".
As far as I've experienced, Desmume tends to have higher quality and
lower performance, whereas No$Gba has lower quality and higher performance,
however...if you change some settings you may increase performance of Desmume and
get yourself bright colours on No$Gba.

In synthesis, I find the two emulators quite evenly balanced.

For GBA games the most suggested is "Visualboyadvance". No$Gba works too,but...
gen3 fog will lack transparency on No$Gba
Lol, nobody asked this part! {XD}

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 3, 2017
Someone kno a good emmulator DS for smartphone (Android) ?

I still play on "MyBoy!" (GBA emulator)

Hackode007

TQ Supremacy
Years
Someone kno a good emmulator DS for smartphone (Android) ?

I still play on "MyBoy!" (GBA emulator)

The best DS emulator for Android is Drastic. But it's for paid. If want it's free alternative, there is a app called *FREE DS*. And everyone listen. I am NOT ADVERTISING!

Years
The best DS emulator for Android is Drastic. But it's for paid. If want it's free alternative, there is a app called *FREE DS*. And everyone listen. I am NOT ADVERTISING!

This guy has the right idea. Drastic is most definitely the best out there. I forget how much it costs, but I paid for it and it has definitely been worth it to me.

DaHawtness1

Don't talk about it, be about it.
Years
Drastic is the best emulator, you can pay for it. But since most online techs dnt work in this emulator, you can simply download a free version on google. Just search, "Drastic," in google play, see the latest version in read more ....th3n simply type in that version in google.

Back