• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most Embarrassing Moment?

Maxew555

You can call me Max :D
Years
Ok, so most Pokemon fans have played Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum and have trained up their Pokemon teams and have beaten the league, maybe even some have even completed their Pokedex. But, most likely, we have all made stupid and embarrassing mistakes along the way, so check out and post on this thread to reassure yourself of the fact that your not the only idiot out there at times, we all are at some point.

Ok, I was going to save my most embarrassing moment for later, but since nobody is posting I'll just have to hopefully start this up...

Ok, so. My first Pokemon game I got was at the age of seven and I got Pokemin Pearl before I even got a DS. It was the first video game I acctually 'played' and I really got into it. But, my most embarrassing moment of all time in any Pokemon game was right at the start...

Drum Roll please....

I couldn't get out of my bedroom. Yeah, I didn't actually realise that the stairs were well, the stairs, this caused me to not know how to be able to get out. Eventually I found the way out and started the game, so, please comfort me in telling me and others your most embarrassing moment in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rainecho

-Music is My Life-
Years
Actually my biggest embarrassing moment was in Pokemon Pearl. It was first time I was playing it and at the half of the game I decided to raise my Luxray better than any other Pokemon, making a Solo Challenge for me...unlucky me I didn't know Cynthia had a Garchomp...and I had to start the game again from the start. I had no luck continuing raising and that would took lots of time. >.<

Faye Rose~

Resilient
Years
I remember when I first got Diamond I just skipped through the instructions and then I couldn't find out how to open the menu because they changed it from start to Y!

Years
I remember when I first got Diamond I just skipped through the instructions and then I couldn't find out how to open the menu because they changed it from start to Y!

Same here. When I first played Platinum it took ages to figure out the new functions of X and Y buttons.

Years
Oh God, this.

"Blah blah, yada, I know all this stuff....skiiiiip.

Wait. The buttons aren't working

;_;"

Nymue

Draconic Neophyte
Years
Probably the most novice mistake you can make with a secondhand Platinum version? I didn't read the warning about not being able to save over a file in-game, and had to start over after I beat the first gym.

To be fair though, there are a lot of excessively wordy explanations of simple things in the game that are worth skipping. D:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
eventually i was spamming buttons and it worked. lol
Haha, that's how I got it to work, too.

I'd say my most embarrassing moment was power leveling Budew to get it to evolve, not knowing it evolved via friendship. I mean, I guess it didn't hurt to level it up, but I could've just tossed a Soothe Bell on it lol.

Or looking all over the place for a Riolu, until I learn you can only get one from Riley.

Moltrezard

is Super Awesome
Years
Ha. Well,
1. I got it when I was 7 and it first came out, and I didn't know how to open the menu.
2. Didn't know how to save.
3. Named my boy RALPH in all CAPS.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
The fourth generation was basically me experimenting with the series. Being eight, one of the first things I did was take a look at HMs. They had some cool sounding names after all. Cut? Well surely being ten foot creatures, that'd hurt. Turns out I was completely wrong but by the time I realised my mistake, my Infernape had Cut and Rock Smash. I didn't want to wait till the sixth gym so I did my playthrough all over again.

I'm sure I stuffed up a lot in these three games, but the only other memory that jumps to mind was with a shiny Graveler. I could of easily gotten it into low health and captured it- but no, I use Surf. SURF. 4x effective moves anyone? Needless to say, I had to bury it later. Well at least it taught me something valuable. I might post more, if I can think of any. :p

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In my second run of Pokémon Platinum, I've managed to run into a shiny Roselia while exploring Trophy Garden. I've weakened it a little, and eventually, I was able to have it caught with a Great Ball. My party was full at that time, so it was transfered to one of my PC boxes. I really wanted to have this Pokémon on my team, so without saving, I immediately flew to a Pokémon Center. After accessing the storage system, I was trying to select the "move" option on Roselia. But instead, I ended up choosing "release." :( This made me feel very upset. I could've reseted the game, but since I didn't save after capturing Roselia, it wouldn't have been too much of a help. At that time, I was eating with one hand and playing with the other. If I was a little more careful, though, and played with both of my hands, then I most likely would've been able to avoid this mistake. Not only was the Roselia shiny, it had a great nature, too—Timid. Timid is a good fit for Roselia because its Speed stat is quite phenomenal, and the nature helps to make it even better.

Last edited:

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
My most embarrassing/worst moment was when I let my ex-friend play my Pearl Version and she traded away my Palkia for a Slowbro on the GTS. :O It did not go over well.

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
My most embarassing moment was that I was allowed to play on my friend's Pokémon silver copy back in the days (yes, he wasn't really easy with letting others play on his game) and I encountered a shiny pokemon (as far as I can recall it was a graveler) and I used his masterball to catch it... -_-

Years
I had never seen a Bronzong before and, being it my first pokemon game, I used my master ball on it. I didn't realise that it was just an evolved Bronzor, and incredibly common. :(

Back