• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How To Insert An OW Sprite In NSE Classic Step By Step.

ADLFM14

Legendary Spriter
Years
Hello Guys ill be making a tutorial because a lot of people have been asking this question how to insert you mini OW Sprite with it's 9(+)frames
Now let's begin.
Tools Needed:
1)Your OW Sprite (It's recommended to be 16x32)
2)NSE Classic (To Insert You OW Sprite)
3)IrfanView (To Index your Image To 16 Color)
4)GIMP (To optimize palette)
5)MS Paint (To Put a background for your OW sprite)
Ill will be easily making that in 6 steps

STEP 1:
Spoiler:

STEP 2:
Spoiler:

STEP 3:
Spoiler:

STEP 4:
Spoiler:

STEP 5:

Spoiler:

STEP 6:
Spoiler:

if you are facing any problems just post it and ill be happy to help.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2012
thanks, but can i get an old version? coz i cant instal that ini this old windows. lol

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Hello, I need help. I have all the sprite and some are back sprite so there are no face colour in the sprite. When I insert the sprite the whole thing changed to the sprite's palette meaning that if I go back to front sprite the face will not be face colour because back sprite got no face colour. What do do?

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Thanks.. But I'm the kind-of person to learn tutorial like this
through seeing it on images, so will you please?

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Hello, I need help. I have all the sprite and some are back sprite so there are no face colour in the sprite. When I insert the sprite the whole thing changed to the sprite's palette meaning that if I go back to front sprite the face will not be face colour because back sprite got no face colour. What do do?

I think I'm having the same problem. The thing is, I'm doing recolorings of existing sprites (so I'm only editing the palettes) and I'm utilizing the junk palettes (19-26). The problem is, whenever I insert the sprites' palettes in NSE they show up fine (and in APE the palettes look normal), but in Advance Map the palettes render as a second thing, and when I test the game in VBA they show up as something completely different from the other two. How can I fix this? >_>

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 24, 2014
Every time i try to import a pallette, it says "Index was outside the bounds of the array" and upon entering the game in VBA, the pallette is all messed up.

Back