• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Utilize the Core's [RMT OU GEN V]

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Haaaaiii, and welcome to my umpteenth RMT. This focuses on the GrassWaterFire core, which all cover each other, the 3 Pokemon I have chosen for these roles are; Swampert, Heatran and Celebi, together they resist every type. Any who let's just look at it because I have nothing else to say.

260.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Swampert is the first part of my GrassWaterFire core, also being my SR user. He's quite bulky as well, able to withstand a Draco Meteor from Latios@Life Orb Earthquake is my main STAB, being able to wreck steels and 2HKO Jirachi. Scald is my way of dealing with physical sweepers, mostly getting a nice burn. Ice Beam is mainly for 2KHO'ing Dragonite/Salamence.

251.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 4 SAtk / 32 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Celebi is the next Pokemon in my triple core. She's also my physical bulk in this team. She can absorb hits aimed at Swampert and Heatran like Grass, Psychic, Ground, Electric and other types; Giga Drain is my way of pseudo-recovery along with Leech Seed. Thunder Wave cripples sweepers whilst Hp Fire takes care of Steel/Grass types, such as Ferrothorn, Other Celebi, Scizor, Jirachi and Magnezone.

485.gif
@ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 208 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Heatran is the final part in my core, being the one with the most resistances, he's also my special bulk and special attacker. Lava Plume is my main STAB and usually burns stuff. Earth Power is for enemy Heatran, Toxic is my way of hurting Blissey and Hidden Power Grass can deal with Bulky waters.

534.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Payback

Conkeldurr is outright amazing. His base 140 Attack bulked up is enough to make anyone rage-quit. He can destroy basically anything with Drain Punch, Mach Punch finishes of anything or kills frail Pokemon. Payback deals with Lati@s/Anything that resists fighting.

579.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Reuniclus also goes well with Conkeldurr IMO. Being able to cover it's Psychic weakness and Conkeldurr taking the Bug/Dark weakness. Trick Room can help Swampert/Reuniclus/Conkeldurr, but it's mainly for Reuniclus himself. Psyshock wrecks most things and cripples Blissey/Chansey. Although I'm thinking about using Psychic so Gliscor/Bulk up Conkeldurr have something to be afraid off. Focus Blast is my way of dealing with Dark/Ice/Rock/Steel types, whilst Shadow Ball is for Ghost/Psychic types.

612.gif
@ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

The highest attack of 5th Gen OU. A nice 147 base attack coupled with a Choice Band is lethal. Outrage is my main attack, destroying anything. Dual Chop breaks Sashes and Substitutes and hits hard because of it being a STAB. Earthquake is for steel types who wall my Dragon attacks, Brick Break is for the steel types with a resistance to Earthquake, namely Ferrothorn.

So there's my team, enjoy rating and such.​

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
This is a really good team I have to say. This won't be such a long rate, but nonetheless...

Those Heatran EVs are really wierd 0_o. As your sole dragon resist, you'll need to make it much more bulky. Maxing Heatran's HP stat gives you greater overall bulk as opposed to investing in it's already great defenses. I recommend a spread as such 252HP / 128SpA / 128SpD if you want a better mix of attacking prowess and defensiveness. Also, you'll need either HP Ice or Dragon Pulse somewhere; just statusing the dragons isn't enough especially since every dragon has an option to hurt Heatran with (Surf, EQ, etc).

Speaking of dragons... wow, if Latios can catch Heatran on a Surf, then everything else gets obliterated by Draco Meteor. It's not so weak taht you can't play around it though, just smack it hard with Payback or something on the predicted switchin and a combination a Rocks + residue damage will bring it down.

Using Psychic on Reuniclus is probably a better idea. Since the pair of fat nurses give Conkeldurr a free switch in anyway and Shadow Ball doesn't do enough on it's own.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Having played this team before, suggesting Psychic over Psyshock. If Snorlax wasn't bulky enough to take Haxorus' Outrage, you would've torn thru my team, so Haxorus is A++. Everything else I like.

Back