• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Character?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm surprised this topic doesn't exist tbh.

Who is your favourite character, and why?

1 from each region if you can't decide. :D

Mine is, hands down, Bianca. ;o; I've just watched the Chargestone Cave episode and it reminded me why I love her so much. BIANCA SPIN OFF PLS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Has to be Richie, he was amazing! I also loved Vincent from the Legend of Thunder :D

Years
Really? No favorite character thread O.o? Well I have several favorites actually. Meowth up until battle frontier was simply the best. He got all the amazing gag lines and the dub voice, Madeline Blaustein did the role perfectly! James and Brock are also both funny and awesome in their own ways, but again, before most of the new seasons. Finally there is Misty, who was always fighting with Ash and blaming him for getting lost (again!) but then having many moments where she would act mature and super nice to everyone. She was always the best female on the show IMO!

Years
I've always liked Team Rocket's quirky personalities, and the dub makes them even better.

And then there's Magikarp Salesman. He's pops up in random places and always screws with them.

Brock was cool until DP, where he was completely ignored. It makes me question why they even bothered including him.

Mentalii

Back
Years
My favourite character is Misty, after she left the show started to become annoying for me. I also love May, but, it'll never the same than how it was in the first seasons, with Misty ... I miss the Pokéshipping scenes, her grumpiness, her personnality... Her, Ash and Brock were the best trio, really. Even if Ash and Brock stayed together a long time, someone was missing.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Kanto: Pikachu
Orange Isles: Tracey
Johto: Misty
Hoenn: May
Frontier: May
Sinnoh: The short time May was in it.
Unova: Bianca

Over all my favorite character is May.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Gary hands down. I love his cocky attitude, his in your face style. He was just that guy as a kid that humored me cause he was annoying and I found his annoyance to Ash funny and appealing(probably cause I was annoying as a kid as well xD). Gary kind of mellowed out though, but still I found him an admirable character cause it seems he has found his calling as a Researcher and is actually accomplishing stuff.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
Years
Cilan!<3 He is my most favorite character out of them all. He is sexy, classy, and his personality is so smooth. Though I would prefer him with a dark side. Some unexpected event in which he becomes evil xD

Cilan!<3 He is my most favorite character out of them all. He is sexy, classy, and his personality is so smooth. Though I would prefer him with a dark side. Some unexpected event in which he becomes evil xD

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@SST: He became evil in Luke's movies :D

This question is really hard for me to answer since I've taken a big liking to the current group :D
Can I say Meloetta? xD
Nah, I'm joking, my all time favorite characters are Satoshi and Haruka but as I said I love the current group and current rivals :D Langrey is really awesome :D
Iris is probably my second favorite female companion, she's totally cute in her wild personality :D
Dent is by a whole my favorite male Satoshi's companion, I love his "It's tasting time!" :D And his talks are brilliant :D

I simply love almost every character is Pokémon :D And I must mention female Gym Leaders of Isshu. Elesa, Skyla and Homika are the reasons why Isshu Gym Leaders are my overall favorite :D

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Team Rocket's Trio - especially James. Always make me laugh at every failed attempt at capturing Pikachu and many others, and all the crazy machines/robots they used and always turn out bad.

Can I pick from various languages anime was dubbed in? - I love Meowth's voice in the Japanese (ending almost everything with "nya" Jap. equivalent of Meow) and the Spanish (Latin American - Gerardo Vasquez voice sounded strange at first, but now gotten used to it, I use it as my sound receiving text messages) versions. Same with James (for Spanish version that is).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2017
This is hard to decide, but i'll go with Pikachu for the first season (if he counts as a character)
Then i think it'l probably be Ash for the rest until Diamond and Pearl where i think Paul is really cool.
My favorite female character would definitely be Iris. (I have personal reasons) followed up by Dawn. I don't like the way Misty never supported Ash at all and it would be hell for him if they stayed for the rest of his journey much less marry.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Cilan. He makes puns about food and wears his butler uniform everywhere. And his erratic gestures! He's just a wonderful character who actually manages to make me laugh.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2012
My favorite Pokémon is smeargle he's a strange character but I liked him when the first time I saw in the episode.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Simple and nice topic which I still don't believe didn't exist o_o

Anyway here:
Kanto/Orange Islands/Johto: I could choose a Pokemon right? If so, then it's Charizard. Didn't like much out of Kanto...possibly Ritchie would be the best.

Hoenn: Harely-May ...just for the lols.

Sinnoh: Dawn! Cynthia!!

B/W: Cilan, nothing comes close to this awesome dude for me.

However, in general, my favorite characters of all time are probably Team Rocket (non-B/W) and possibly Brock. I tend to lean to the funny characters :\ Besides, Team Rocket are so lovable :D in a stupid way.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Cynthia, no contest. She's just so funny to watch watch still managing to be incredibly strong and the whole thing just makes for a hilarious set up. I'll never forget the moments she's trying to choose an ice cream flavor in DP; she's just the best haha. I also adore Dawn though; she's so upbeat and fun! ♥

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Always been a Rocket fan. They were my favourites for years! <3

I love all the girls. I can't stand pitting them against one another. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses. Haruka/May and Dawn/Hikari might get a slight edge over poor Kasumi/Misty, if only because they had more focus during the series, as opposed to Kasumi, who mostly got her development (past the earlier episodes) in the hoso specials!

Kasumi had a funner personality, though, because I really love tomboyish girls. Hikari/Dawn was girly, bubbly, and clever, though, so she was undoubtedly fun, but Haruka/May was more like me in that she was naive and clumsy (well, in the beginning)... and a BIG eater. xD

Iris is a LOT of fun too! She's more like the tomboyish Kasumi, so I love that, and how agile she is~! And I'm biased in favour of dragons, so~ <3333

She's so adorable and funny too. I love how she butts heads with Dent/Cilan.

As for the guys, Dent is the funniest protagonist. All this "_____ time!" and tasting things and his vocabulary and fabulousness...! xDD

Shinji/Paul was my favourite rival. Just so epic. I loved how different he was compared to Satoshi. His brother's always a very interesting contrast.

As for less common characters, Shirona/Cynthia, without a doubt! ^_^ She's so awesome and confident... and inspiring! I love how gentle and adorably bubbly and easily confused (always cool and composed in battle! Outside of battle, what are decision-making skills, really?) she can be too. She's so powerful and amusing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
I've always liked Misty. Her tomboyish personality was just funny, and the way that she got all angry up in Ash's face, makes he ROFL every time. ^.^

Also rather like Cilan, for some reason. I guess it just makes me giggle when he starts comparing Pokemon to food and all that, and when he gets over protective, of a spoon!

Back