• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Protagonists.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Y'know, by shades that Hiiro's post mentioned... what if these protagonists are using the glasses as in like binoculars? I mean they're not exactly, but they both seem to have it. And it makes me wonder if they're maybe... tourists? And secondary protagonists in a way? Maybe we just... watch them journey idk.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That'll be strange if that were the case...
I hope that the male's clothes can get a color other than blue, I mean it's my favorite color but we've had two protags who've worn blue as their dominate color in a row (this will be the third). I wish they were more like the girls in that they have varing color schemes opposed to either red (Ethan, Brendan in RS) or Blue (Nate, Hilbert). Lucas had the most variance in color imo, and Emerald Brendan had a more unique color scheme.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
That only works if we can assume the little sis is about 5 or 6. All we really have to go off of is her little overworld sprite, which is the generic "little girl" one. Until she gets a unique design and we get a good look at it, we can't really put too much stock in how she looks.

But Fennel was using the generic "female scientist" overworld sprite, and that is her actual appearance from her official artwork, which means the generic "little girl" design is Hugh's sister's canon appearance and help provide Hugh's age as being older than 10 like Nate and Rosa's. So there's still a chance that Gen VI's protagonists will be older like Gen V's protagonists if they're going to keep this new tradition.

As for changes in designs for the protagonists for the final product, I see a few minor changes such as the details in their outfits.

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I honestly see no problems with the male protagonist, even though he's similar, he's still different to Hilbert and Nate, hair colour's different, hairstyle is very different, to be honest, I like his design a lot, cause he reminds me of the protagonist of Cave Story, how can I not like that?

Guy

just a guy
Years
I honestly see no problems with the male protagonist, even though he's similar, he's still different to Hilbert and Nate, hair colour's different, hairstyle is very different, to be honest, I like his design a lot, cause he reminds me of the protagonist of Cave Story, how can I not like that?
The hair color looks almost identical to that of Hilbert's and Nate's, which is disappointing because it never seems like the male protagonist can ever get a different hair color than the basic brown or black.

Also, maybe it's just me, but the protagonist of Cave Story resembles Red far more than the new guy.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly it feel like we've had clones the past three generations. I'd rather see something totally different than what we have currently. Heck, I'd love something out of left field at this point than seeing the same generic protagonist we keep getting. Of course that just goes for the male, I actually like the female, probably enough to actually play as her instead.

Years
Although I think the female protagonist looks really cute, I would have liked her to have blond hair. I mean, come on, we've had so many brown haired (female) protagonists, why can't we have one with blond hair for a change?

Other than that, I really dig the female protagonist. The male one looks plain.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Although I think the female protagonist looks really cute, I would have liked her to have blond hair. I mean, come on, we've had so many brown haired (female) protagonists, why can't we have one with blond hair for a change?

Other than that, I really dig the female protagonist. The male one looks plain.

The female protagonist's hair looks like it's dirty blonde, so does that technically count? Also, Kris and Dawn say hi.

Years
Yeah, you're right Pinkie-Dawn. Her hair does look like it's dirty blond but it's still very brown-ish, if you know what I mean. I was thinking about Cynthia-like-hair xD
That would be nice for a change.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Yeah, you're right Pinkie-Dawn. Her hair does look like it's dirty blond but it's still very brown-ish, if you know what I mean. I was thinking about Cynthia-like-hair xD
That would be nice for a change.

I think it's because the majority of people in Japan have black/brown hair, while other hair types are used for minor characters.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
I'm tired of the satchels. Can we just get normal backpacks? In fact only two main characters have even had normal backpacks; Red and Lucas. The rest all had silly satchels. Every female character has had satchels. Except for May who had a fanny pack...

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I'm tired of the satchels. Can we just get normal backpacks? In fact only two main characters have even had normal backpacks; Red and Lucas. The rest all had silly satchels. Every female character has had satchels. Except for May who had a fanny pack...

Ethan and Brendan had backpacks, they were those one-strapped ones. I use one as well.
Though I do agree with you, backpacks are a classic, and should return.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
They aren't bringing back backpacks, because then it'll only bring back limited space on our bags. That is why satchels have become a staple to the main protagonists since Gen IV, because they're logically designed to hold unlimited items unlike a normal backpack.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I think that's kind of a dumb reason to not switch it up again though. I can understand the reasoning of not giving us something like a grocery bag to travel with but, realistically, we shouldn't be able to carry as much as are able to anyways; It's not like we've even been able to change our clothes(possibility of 6th gen).

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I hate satchels, I just hope we aren't permanently stuck with them. If we do end up getting customization in Gen VI though, I wouldn't mind a choice of what we use to carry our items around. That would also further let us have our own look. I'd choose a drawstring backpack.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They aren't bringing back backpacks, because then it'll only bring back limited space on our bags. That is why satchels have become a staple to the main protagonists since Gen IV, because they're logically designed to hold unlimited items unlike a normal backpack.

No...its a fashion thing. Most guys nowadays carry things in messenger bags which is why they are so apparent in the games now. Girls carry purses so their bags are made to look like those most of the time. When backpack become a fashion accessory again they'll add them back in.

gotron228

^_^
Years
I don't like the look of the female. She doesn't look as though she's the type to want to go on a grand scale adventure like the other female protagonists.

It's safe to say I'm choosing the guy.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I don't think customization would go so far as to let us wear whatever we want as far as bags are concerned. I don't know if GF be that lenient(though hopefully they are??).

Though with that being stated, I feel that I'm of the minority that really doesn't care about what kind of bags that we use for this generation. Maybe it's just never really impacted me that much what kind of bags we use? Could be just me, though.

It's not really that it matters to me what kind of bag it is but, after all this time with us just being these generic protagonists, if they do add in customization, it would be nice if they were a bit lenient. I wish we could get things like skin color, etc., although it's unlikely.

tnfsf11

As like most people said here, the male protagonist looks lame, I'm definitely going for the female.
I think she looks awesome maybe she should hit the Anime...

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
The fact that they did so in a mediocre game like Pokemon Battle Revolution and yet haven't do so yet in a main series Pokemon game is fairly upsetting, though. .___. You would've think that by this time that they would've considered bringing that feature back somehow and in some form...

Well Game Freak doesn't do the spin offs, so it isn't that surprising. It's something I'm definitely wanting though.

As like most people said here, the male protagonist looks lame, I'm definitely going for the female.
I think she looks awesome maybe she should hit the Anime...

Off topic, but I love your Spinda avatar.

Back