• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mach Bike or Acro Bike?

Mach or Acro?

• Mach Bike

Votes: 50 61.0%
  • Acro Bike

Votes: 32 39.0%

• Total voters
Years
If only for the challenge on Cycling Road, the Mach Bike was my favorite of the two. I must've tried the race thousands of times, to the point where I got the course down to muscle memory, and can almost beat it flawlessly without having played Sapphire in months.

I did like that you could get hidden items past narrow ledges with the Acro Bike though, but I'd generally just switch to the Acro Bike for those items, then switch right back once I got them.

Cinderella

Ooh, she's a little runaway~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Mach Bike because speeeeed. If R/S/E is ever remade, I really hope they keep the ability to switch bikes. :c

Polonaise

Pianist
Years
I prefer the Mach Bike tbh. Places like the Sky Pillar and stuff would be too much for the Acro Bike, and the Mach Bike does have good speed. c: Sometimes it's hard to control, and the Acro Bike is easier to control, but I still like the Mach Bike better. Plus it does bring back a little nostalgia too.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Mach, hands down. I got the Cycling Road challenge down to the most perfect time possible.

RobertNick

Blaziken Rules.
Years
I liked Acro for a while, it was easy to handle, etc...but in my latest playthrough I've decided to try the Mach, just to see how it is. Yeah, it's better...

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
Years
Personally, I liked Mach Bike more because I like fast bikes and this bike makes me roam through the hoenn region, but it's sometimes uncontrollable because of it's speed, but it's still awesome, I hope they return these things in the future games

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
Years
I prefer the Mach bike since its really useful for hatching Pokes plus traveling is a breeze.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
The acro bike is cool and all, but the mach one is better and more useful. I like going faster instead of doing little tricks and stuff.

Years
I went with the Acro Bike because I find the Mach Bike hard to control (especially along those annoying crumbling floors!) and it gave me access to the Safari Zone Pokemon I liked better. Also, it's blue which is a color I heavily associate myself with.

Swaggintotehmax

Pokemon is my life.
Years
Definitely the mach bike, I love the speed. The acro is fun but when I need to get around I'll just jump on my mach bike and ride off into the sunset :t243:

Years
The Acro Bike is the one I tend to use for most of the game, except in circumstances that riding up is needed (like slopes). Doing tricks is fun :P

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
Years
Acro at the time it came out. I was into BMX then and it was another way to have fun for me. If I would play it these days I would say Mach.

Years
Mach! Speedy speedy and really fun despite being hard to control. I loved zooming super fast to hatch my eggs and the Acro felt too slow in comparison since I was so used to the former.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Although the Acro bike was fun to use and bunny-hop with, the Mach bike is my favorite, of course because it was sooo fast!! I kinda wish they had kept this 2-bike concept for future games as well, made for some cool possibilities

Back