• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Touchscreen: Return of the C-Gear or...

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I'd like to see the C-Gear return but with the normal menu options occupying the hexagon/circle spaces like Wi-Fi, IR, and Online do currently. I think it would be nice to be able to customize what you have shown, too.

I don't use C-gear skins personally, but I do change the color of it to match the season that's in my game, which I absolutely love. I'd hate to see it go.

Also, technically, if you make use of registering the BW menu is more convenient than HG/SS since you can register certain items or pouches. Instead of clicking Bag and searching through everything, like in HG/SS, I just press Y and have a short list pop up containing my most used items.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

C-Gear and the Dreamworld thing confused me and was useless to me, but I'm sure other people liked it. I personally would like to see the customization element from the C-Gear combined with the Simplicity of the HGSS menu. That would be awesome!

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
The New "Gear"

Throughout the generations we've had different iterations of the gear that we carry around with us, i.e. the PokéGear, PokéNav, Pokétch and C-Gear. What are you hoping for this time around? What kind of functions do you want it to have? Where should it be placed (always present on the touch screen or accessible through the start menu)?

Personally, I'm hoping for something more along the lines of the PokéGear/PokéNav - it has a variety of functions rolled into one. I always found it more useful to have the map accessible via that and I liked the radio and phone being present there too. It made everything a little more compact and more easily navigable.

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
Agreeing with many that HG/SS was the best use of the touch screen!
I'd like to see that with the poketech(? I think that's what I'm thinking of) instead of the pokegear :/ was never a fan of the pokegear - I always inevitably ended up calling the prof or my mom when opening it.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'd love to see a return of the HGSS use of the touch screen with a bit of B/W (2) features mixed in. I really liked what they did in HGSS and I think it would just make playing on the 3DS that much better. The C-gear really seemed like a lot of wasted space and potential... there's room for so much more information.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'd love to see a return of the HGSS use of the touch screen with a bit of B/W (2) features mixed in. I really liked what they did in HGSS and I think it would just make playing on the 3DS that much better. The C-gear really seemed like a lot of wasted space and potential... there's room for so much more information.
I agree. I actually don't care if the C-Gear makes a comeback, because it really does have further potential on the 3DS, but it would work out so much better if it was made as an option rather than forced onto the bottom half and taking a step back from the touchscreen menu HG/SS had going on. Honestly, it still confuses me me a little as to why they didn't integrate the C-Gear that way before. I'm sure they certainly could have done it too, if they wanted.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I DREAMED A DREAM LAST NIGHT. Not as efficient as the HGSS touchscreen I don't think, but I dreamed the bottom screen displayed your party and you used the touchscreen to move them around and swap items and such, similar to the Poketch app in DPPt that lets you see your team, but with more features. And if you needed the rest of the menu, you press X and it comes up on the bottom screen instead, HGSS style though, minus the party option since that was already on the bottom screen. But I think since most of the time, we're going to the menu for our party, it'd be simpler to have them already on the bottom screen where you can switch them and such.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
As long as they actually make use of the touch screen in an active way, and not simply to store information, I'll be fine.

Years
Bottom screen interface?

What are you hoping for on the bottom screen when walking around? The helpful menu interface seen on HG/SS, a C-Gear, the PokéEtch, or something completely different?

I'm extremely hoping for the HG/SS interface, it was a stroke of genius and I'm hoping they do that again. I had no use for the C-Gear and the PokéEtch was borderline useless.

Any ideas on how you'd like to use the bottom screen?

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
Pokewatch from DPP, or is it called PokeEtch? Anyways it needs to be improved so that you can access the menu from it.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I would like to see something that has both the menu as well as special functions you can select on the new device that would be introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. That would make things much more easier as well as accessing special apps that are designed on the new device as well as the map implemented on the new device. So it can scroll from Menu Shortcuts (which by default would have Pokédex, Pokémon, Bag, Save, [Trainer's name] and Options), Map, And many Other Applications.

So just imagine having the menu shortcuts on the first screen, then scrolling to the next one to see the map of the new region that Pokémon X and Pokémon Y would be in.

Back