• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
how can i hex edit trainer like changing a trainer name to Django and change trainer sprite the intro's he is saying etc and pet and compiling scripts isn't working

larry

Idk if this has been asked or not but im hacking pokemon ruby and i am using pokemon from the kanto and johto region and i want to know if there is a way to activate national dex... also anybody got generataion 4 sprites 64 x 64 that u can use in Poke pic

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
superluigi52 said:
I get an error when I try to open A-text or any other programs made by Scizz.

The problem says: The instruction at "0x773f65e1" referenced at "0x773f65e1". The memory could not be "read".

How do I fix this?

Make sure you have the files unzipped and have COMCLG32.OCX in the same folder.

Django0 said:
how can i hex edit trainer like changing a trainer name to Django and change trainer sprite the intro's he is saying etc and pet and compiling scripts isn't working

Search for the trainer name, tends to be all caps :P
Also search for his text. The sprite can be changed using Pokepic or Unlz.gba by inserting the new one over the one you want to replace.

Normal Trainers in hex: [00][00] [Level] [00] [POKéMON 1] [The carried Item ([00][00] for no Item)] | [00][00] [Level] [00] [POKéMON 2] [the carried Item] | etc. Instead of using PET use hex.

Also to compile scripts you have to have the rom in the same folder as your script editor and you need an offset for it to go to.

Here are the text(letter) codes for R/S/FR/LG:

00=
15=ß
1B=E
A1=0
A2=1
A3=2
A4=3
A5=4
A6=5
A7=6
A8=7
A9=8
AA=9
AB=!
AC=?
AD=.
AE=-
AF=...
B0=••
B1=«
B2=»
B3=<
B4='
B5=|m|
B6=|w|
B7=$
B8=,
B9=*
BA=/
BB=A
BC=B
BD=C
BE=D
BF=E
C0=F
C1=G
C2=H
C3=I
C4=J
C5=K
C6=L
C7=M
C8=N
C9=O
CA=P
CB=Q
CC=R
CD=S
CE=T
CF=U
D0=V
D1=W
D2=X
D3=Y
D4=Z
D5=a
D6=b
D7=c
D8=d
D9=e
DA=f
DB=g
DC=h
DD=i
DE=j
DF=k
E0=l
E1=m
E2=n
E3=o
E4=p
E5=q
E6=r
E7=s
E8=t
E9=u
EA=v
EB=w
EC=x
ED=y
EE=z
EF=|>|
F0=:
F1=Ä
F2=Ö
F3=Ü
F4=E
F5=E
F6=E
F7=|A|
F8=|V|
F9=|<|
FA=|nb|
FB=|nb2|
FC=|FC|
FC=" "
FD=|FD|
FE=|br|
FF=|end|

It is long but it should help.

kamikaze watermelon said:
is amart_654.fr.zip the new one?

Yes, that is the new one.

larry said:
Idk if this has been asked or not but im hacking pokemon ruby and i am using pokemon from the kanto and johto region and i want to know if there is a way to activate national dex... also anybody got generataion 4 sprites 64 x 64 that u can use in Poke pic

The script code for FR/LG/E(By Scizz):
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x10A
if 1 jump 0x800050
special 0x16F
setflag 0x10A
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x800100
callstd 0x6
waitfanfare
release
end

#org 0x800050
msgbox 0x800070
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800070
= Like your new POKéDEX?

#org 0x800100
= Your POKéDEX was upgraded!

Still R/S has not been able to access it yet...I think.

Also I believe StudioPokemon has a few indexed sprites of the 4th generation.

Years
Normal Trainers in hex: [00][00] [Level] [00] [POKéMON 1] [The carried Item ([00][00] for no Item)] | [00][00] [Level] [00] [POKéMON 2] [the carried Item] | etc. Instead of using PET use hex.

Also to compile scripts you have to have the rom in the same folder as your script editor and you need an offset for it to go to.

Here are the text(letter) codes for R/S/FR/LG:

00=
15=ß
1B=E
A1=0
A2=1
A3=2
A4=3
A5=4
A6=5
A7=6
A8=7
A9=8
AA=9
AB=!
AC=?
AD=.
AE=-
AF=...
B0=••
B1=«
B2=»
B3=<
B4='
B5=|m|
B6=|w|
B7=$
B8=,
B9=*
BA=/
BB=A
BC=B
BD=C
BE=D
BF=E
C0=F
C1=G
C2=H
C3=I
C4=J
C5=K
C6=L
C7=M
C8=N
C9=O
CA=P
CB=Q
CC=R
CD=S
CE=T
CF=U
D0=V
D1=W
D2=X
D3=Y
D4=Z
D5=a
D6=b
D7=c
D8=d
D9=e
DA=f
DB=g
DC=h
DD=i
DE=j
DF=k
E0=l
E1=m
E2=n
E3=o
E4=p
E5=q
E6=r
E7=s
E8=t
E9=u
EA=v
EB=w
EC=x
ED=y
EE=z
EF=|>|
F0=:
F1=Ä
F2=Ö
F3=Ü
F4=E
F5=E
F6=E
F7=|A|
F8=|V|
F9=|<|
FA=|nb|
FB=|nb2|
FC=|FC|
FC=" "
FD=|FD|
FE=|br|
FF=|end|

It is long but it should help.

ever text and name editing tool isnt working either and i do have everyting in the right folder and i also got al the dll ocx etc i got every sinlge progtram i can load roms only but the problem is they arn't working

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Django0 said:
ever text and name editing tool isnt working either and i do have everyting in the right folder and i also got al the dll ocx etc i got every sinlge progtram i can load roms only but the problem is they arn't working

Make sure you have the ini files with them. If not that I don't know what is happening with your comp, maybe put the DLL and OCX files in the system32 folder.

hacker_beginner

Beginner Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 7, 2007
Hi im an new Hacker and i am currently hacking Pokemon Fire Red.
Here is the stuff i need to know:
1. When you get to choose from the three poke balls in the start how do i only make it so there is one poke ball there not three?
2.once ive added a new person onto the map above cerulean city after the bridge what is the script i would use to make him give me a Charmander?
3.Same question as before but for a squirtle?
4.Same Question as two but bulbasaur?

Thanks if u can answer these

P.S. i need the whole script for the people not just how to do it if that would be ok.

Years
cool....so this is reopened.Then I can ask my question which I wanted to ask since the last 2 months.

poketronicerror.jpg

Even though I have loaded a rom file why cant I use some its functions.i.e they are grey.I tried to go to mewthree inc. but it gives me a dns error.I would be glad if some one could answer my question or give me the link to download a working poketronic.

Take care,
~krypton-knight

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
Years
How do I set what X and Y co-ord you warp to in advance map.
I can set what X and Y position the warp is on.
I can set the map you warp to.
I just need to know how to set the X and Y position you warp to.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
hacker_beginner said:
1. When you get to choose from the three poke balls in the start how do i only make it so there is one poke ball there not three?
2.once ive added a new person onto the map above cerulean city after the bridge what is the script i would use to make him give me a Charmander?

P.S. i need the whole script for the people not just how to do it if that would be ok.

1. Just remove the Pokeballs, by getting rid of two using AdvanceMap or EliteMap :P

2. Try:
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x800
if 0 0x1 goto 0x800000
setflag 0x800
givepokemon 0x04 0x05

For charmander, set the offset of that person to 800000.

3+4. Use the same code but different offset and change the 0x04 to 0x01 for Bulbasaur and the 0x04 to 0x07 for Squirtle, make sure there offsets are differnet

Krypton-knight said:
cool....so this is reopened.Then I can ask my question which I wanted to ask since the last 2 months.

poketronicerror.jpg

Even though I have loaded a rom file why cant I use some its functions.i.e they are grey.I tried to go to mewthree inc. but it gives me a dns error.I would be glad if some one could answer my question or give me the link to download a working poketronic.

Take care,
~krypton-knight

I think Mewthree had not finished those functions so therefore they can't be access. You could just script the scripts you want though

Onvoloper said:

Just move the warp to where you want it to warp, it isn't really hard, just click and drag.

cory70

PokeRom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
Blazichu said:
Onvoloper said:

Just move the warp to where you want it to warp, it isn't really hard, just click and drag.

I think he means when you go through the warp how can you choose the position you land in, because i made a warp but i landed in the middle of the city not in the position i wanted

Are you making a remake of pokemon yellow?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
cory70 said:
I think he means when you go through the warp how can you choose the position you land in, because i made a warp but i landed in the middle of the city not in the position i wanted

Are you making a remake of pokemon yellow?

Well if he means that just make sure you have the warp no., the map bank and the map as the one you want it, then when you enter you should exit somewhere else, but that can be fixed, make sure you make it warp to the map bank and map you want it to when you exit. eg. I want to enter Pallet Town(lab) from Cinnabar Gym, so I use the warp no., the map bank and map that is on the door of the lab and then I copy the information and put it onto the door of the gym, next I should enter the the lab now(to see if it works), ok now I look at the exit of the Cinnabar gym and copy the information on the warp and then I put it as the exit of the Pallet Town Lab. Now it should enter and exit correctly. Hopefully you understand that :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 11, 2023
Hi. I was wondering, is Pokémon Amplifier still being worked on? Is the latest version 1.2.0.0? And does Amplifier have its own site? Thanks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
hitme2k5 said:
Hi. I was wondering, is Pokémon Amplifier still being worked on? Is the latest version 1.2.0.0? And does Amplifier have its own site? Thanks.

I haven't heard any new news about it, maybe it is being worked on in private.

Supergamecube14 said:
Hi, I have a quick question. In Advanced Text Editor, how do you make the UP, Down Left and Right Arrows for sign posts (in particular the up arrow)

Thanks!

You would have to use hex.
Up = [F7]
Down = [F8]
Left = [F9]
Right = [EF]

hacker_beginner

Beginner Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 7, 2007
hey people yes cory70 im making a yellow remake. here r some more questions: 1. for the people giving me the pokemon i also want to add a message to it how do i do this, 2. how do i add jessie and james to the game and also add new movement for battle from them. Thanks

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
hey people yes cory70 im making a yellow remake. here r some more questions: 1. for the people giving me the pokemon i also want to add a message to it how do i do this, 2. how do i add jessie and james to the game and also add new movement for battle from them. Thanks

To add a message to your script use the "message 0x[offset]" command in your script and to add Jessie and James you can make new events with trainer battles and change their pokémon's movesets in these battles with PET.

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2007
I am using advance map to edit Leaf Green, but I've run into a small problem. I am trying to edit the colour of the grass under the trees which are used as a border on most parts of the map, but I can't seem to do it. I can edit the grass under the middle and tops of the trees, but not the bottom. I think it has something to do with the below/above thing. Anybody know how to do it?

hacker_beginner

Beginner Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 7, 2007
thanks christos but i dont quite understand the jessie and james part oh and also how do i make that once you recieve charmander if i talk to that dude again i dont recieve another charmander i just get a message saying how is charmander doing? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back