• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: The 24 Hour ROM Hacking Charity Stream (August 4th 2012 12PM PST)

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I will be hosting a live 24-hour charity stream for Child's Play Charity ( www.childsplaycharity.org/ ) on August 4th. 100% of the money donated will go to Child's Play Charity.

I'll be making hacks (Mostly Prism) and playing hacks throughout the entire 24 hours, and bring on some guests (other ROM hackers and other lets players) during the stream.

I'm seriously hoping to raise at least $1,000 for this charity. I may be overly optimistic, but I believe that it could happen. The donators will receive some cool prizes as well!

If you're interested in helping out somehow or being a guest let me know and I'll see if I can get you in. You of course won't have to be there for 24 hours.

I'll provide more information later. Let me know what you think!

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
I'd love to help in any way I can :)
I just started a hack and this is great motivation for me to continue it
Let me know how I can help in any way

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I don't think I'll be having that many free weekends during the summer but if I'm around on that day, it will be no problem at all to help you out.

I could e-mail you later about this, you do have the correct e-mail address assiociated with your profile, right?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I would love to join in on the stream, give you a chance to sleep ;)
What do you think about a live tutorial during the stream?
~NarutoActor

PokeGeisha

Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer
Years
I don't think i will be able to donate due to me not having my own card but i would love to be in a stream non stop playing one of my favorite hacks that i can choose from!:D

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Sure, everyone is invited whether they have money to donate or not! You can also help out by telling people you know who might be interested in donating money to charity.

A website is being set up with all the details. Only one week left!

blue

gucci
Years
Great to see you doing something like this, very admirable! I'd be happy to donate and I'll be watching on the day.

PokeGeisha

Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer
Years
Yay!:D i would have to learn how to live stream my computer screen x3 i would probably play pokmon ruby destiny LOG x3 im really excited!!:D do u need any of ym contact info?:O

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
http://www.koolboyman.com/

Learn about the prizes, and if you want to, you can donate right now! When you donate, your name and email will be logged so you don't have to worry about me forgetting anybody!

I'm still waiting for Machinima to set up my youtube account with live streaming (which should be enabled this week).

Yay!:D i would have to learn how to live stream my computer screen x3 i would probably play pokmon ruby destiny LOG x3 im really excited!!:D do u need any of ym contact info?:O

If anyone is interested in coming in for a little bit, please let me know your skype name!

Last edited:

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Can't seem to access your site, seems it's having MySQL problems. I'll come and place a donation (or two) later. c:

Edit: Seems it working again. I'll be placing a nice donation soon enough. c:

Awesome!

Childs Play Charity should be placing this on their calender tomorrow or Wednesday (They asked me to provide a website with the chipin widget, so I did.)

If any of you have any suggestions for more prizes let me know. Once Saturday 12 PM PST comes, they're all set in stone.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I've been looking forward to this livestream ever since you first mentioned it on Youtube and now that its so close I'm getting excited. I'd like to drop in and just talk randomly or do something, but I'm not sure what (hopefully I still have your Skype somewhere). Maybe something during the dead Australian hours when everybody in America and Europe are asleep so I don't make too much of a fool out of myself :P

Anyway, I'm definitely pumped for this and there should be a donation from me sometime in the future.

Last edited:

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
So $260 has been donated so far. The last stream I did (which was over a year ago) raised $240. So we're already beating that before this stream has even started!

I've been looking forward to this livestream ever since you first mentioned it on Youtube and now that its so close I'm getting excited. I'd like to drop in and just talk randomly or do something, but I'm not sure what (hopefully I still have your Skype somewhere). Maybe something during the dead Australian hours when everybody in America and Europe are asleep so I don't make too much of a fool out of myself :P

Anyway, I'm definitely pumped for this and there should be a donation from me sometime in the future.

Sounds great! If you don't have my skype you can go ahead and tell me yours (Or if you want to keep it private just email me)

I'd be happy to answer questions or whatever. Make a Tiny Chat or something. I dunno.

The live stream will have a chatroom built in so you can answer your questions there.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I would love to join in on the stream, give you a chance to sleep ;)
What do you think about a live tutorial during the stream?
~NarutoActor
This is a genius idea. Have several save states ready at various points in the game and give tutorials, especially things you get a lot of questions about. I hope to someday get into the Let's Play arena and, once I'm in a better situation for myself, might host my own marathon with someone else (hey, it'd be cool), but for now I'm just left to watching. You never know, I might watch. :) Can't donate anything, tho. Tough times. :(

Cyclone

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years

This is just a test video I did using my webcam, and I complain a little bit about my new haircut. I am planing on donating $15-20 tomorrow, depending on how much I get paid, hopefully I will have even more extra cash by the time of the event

I also have a screen recorded for doing rom hacking, or anything of the sort.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years

This is just a test video I did using my webcam, and I complain a little bit about my new haircut. I am planing on donating $15-20 tomorrow, depending on how much I get paid, hopefully I will have even more extra cash by the time of the event

I also have a screen recorded for doing rom hacking, or anything of the sort.

Sounds like you're all set!

The charity has finally arrived on Childplaycharity.com

http://www.childsplaycharity.org/events/post/adam-rom-hacking-for-charity

Back