• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shinies in R/S/E

Years
My first shiny was a lvl 13 gastly I didnt know what a shiny pokemon was back then I ran from it cause it was a girl gastly....talkin bout the one that got away -_-

Years
I caught a shiny Wingull on route 110 in my Emerald. I've migrated it to my Heart Gold now but, I remember having no idea what a shiny was, but green was my favorite color so I immediately threw a pokeball.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
My first legit shiny I've ever found was a shiny Mightyena in my Pokémon Emerald! I remember it like it happened four or five years ago (because it did): I was playing Emerald, and I had beaten the Elite Four for the twelfth time. I was extremely bored; said boredom caused me to just randomly fly to Lilycove City and battle wild Pokémon just east of the city. Next thing I new...BAM! Shiny Mightyena. I freaking flipping out here, and I end up catching it. I loved that Mightyena so much. So, I decide to preserve it by transferring it over to Pearl. But then I FORGOT ABOUT IT AND ENDED UP RESTARTING MY PEARL VERSION AND WHEN I REMEMBERED IT WAS TOO LATE AND I WAS LIKE, "NOOOOOO, MY MIGHTYENAAAAAA!!!!! DDDD':"

To this very day, I still hate myself for that.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I caught a shiny Poochyena, Lugia, Ho-oh, and Groudon in Emerald. I RNG abused a shiny Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Regice in Sapphire. I never did anything much with my shinies. I really wanted a lot more shiny Pokemon, but I got them in later generations now.

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
My first shiny ever was a Pidgey on the route right before Mt. Moon, it was level 7. Caught it, trained it, it's sitting in my Diamond's PC box now. Can't get it out, because I have no DS anymore I was really young, like seven when I got this one on my first playthrough. I didn't know what a shiny was, because I was so young. Just saw a little sparkle and was like "COOL" and chucked a great ball at it.

My first one in RSE was Groudon in my Ruby, on my first playthrough. Lucky, right? So I went to battle it, and I go into battle to catch it. I see the sprite and was like "wtf it was red on the cover". So, I threw a masterball at it, and again, hiding in my Diamond.

I also have a shiny Pikachu in my Diamond, because I used breeding to get a volt tackle pichu, and the first egg that hatched was shiny, AND knew volt tackle.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2024
The only legit shiny I can remember finding was a Shiny Doduo in Leaf Green.

Once I even saw Wally catch a Shiny Ralts on my Ruby, which stunned me when I saw it lol

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years
my shiny pokemon story is in Emerald :3 and it`s quite a cool one

I was at safari zone completing my pokedex (i was missing Miltank, Stantler and Tediursa by that time).
I found some tediursas but all of em fled :/. then, when i was bored watching the tv, i just let the volume of the GBA at max to hear the pokemon roar, when suddently i hear a tediursa cry, followed by the shiny sound.
I didnt look at the gba, but i said (did i just hear...?) i watched and it was a green tediursa!!!
i was really excited yet dissapointed at the same time since all the tediursas i found so far fled.

well, i aproached (my heart was a bout to pop out when did that), and it didnt flee. then i aproached one step more, AND IT STAYED!!! i said to myself (ok, you can do it. this is the one... WRAAAAA!) and pressed the safari ball. it spinned 2 times and came out of the ball and i was like fuuuuuuu.. but it didnt flee :D then i threw another safari ball, and i caught it :D

i still have it, and im proud of my feat (which was complete and absolute luck hahaha)

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I caught a shiny Smeargle in Expert Emerald (the hack here) yesterday. Seriously awesome even if it is a Smeargle. That's my third ever. :D

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
A while ago this year, I was minding my own business looking for a shroomish in Petalburg Woods, and I had just beat the grunt, I was frantically looking for one with an Adamant nature, and then BAM. Shiny shroomish. I had only gone through like 8 of them. I was like "Sister, come here I found a shiny!" and she was like "Yeah right :/" and she came out and it had Red spots on it rather than green spots. And I caught it so I was pretty happy about that.

Flydro

doobz
Years
I used to have 3 shinies on Ruby: Swampert, found as Mudkip in just 12 resets, Swellow, found in a random wild encounter, and Zigzagoon, also found by chance. Unfortunately I no longer have them because my little brother lost all my old GBA games except FireRed which has never even seen a shiny.. so yeah -_-

ShayMontgomery

Pokemon Master est.1996
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
I can't believe that I have never come across a shiny in my Ruby game which has over 500 hours on it..

Years
I caught a shiny pikachu in Ruby and a shiny exeggcute in leaf green.
I caught the pikachu without even noticing it was shiny, It just appeared while I was at the safari zone, I threw the ball and caught it. Two days later I was looking at my pkmn's nature, and I saw the shiny symbol on pikachu, I remember jumping out of the chair.

With the exeggcute, I was at the safari zone (again) and the first pokemon that showed up was that one, I kept on throwing food and rocks to the thing so it wouldn't escape. I threw two rocks in a row and then a ball, eventually I caught it and evolved it to exeggcutor, I still have it in my team ^^

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I caught a shiny zigzagoon, and that's it

Pinta77

My first shiny was an azumaril that I got in a trade. Then I found a zubat, but it was on my friends game. And that's all for gba.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
I found a shiny Manetrike that appeared suddenly

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Back