• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.hant0m

Studier of ancient legends.
Years
You're covering up Poliwrath with the guitar, which makes it look really bad. Maybe you could have the guitar go across Poliwrath's belly instead of eyes?

~Night

But then I would've had to move the arms and hands. I originally made the guitar smaller but I got to the strings and found that only maybe two fo them would fit on it.

Other than that it's pretty decent right?

Years
I liek the smaller one, It is kinda wierd, and yeah I was trying to make it rounder with out making that side too big, I'll keep working, you have any other advice. It was just an off the top thing I thought of while looking at my sock..though that is not my sock.

Sorry I dont really have much advice on the sock.
Maybe if you make something else I can give you some better advice :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
It's 1AM now so I don't feel like doing more than posting this little head that I started.

28mn706.png

who wants to bet that I'll never work on it again? haha.

I also started this but stopped when I couldn't be bothered with the body.

xd5a85.png

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Ok...
That will need more than "some" pointers
1. SOOO disproportionate. the arms are flat on top!
2. Outlines, way too thick!
3. Again I'll mention how short the arms are, and the legs are so small!
4. The shading is so incorrect I can't criticize it.
5. What are you, 2? That face is SO messed up. Its a smiley face!
6. What is it?
7. Obviously the concept its part from Scyther!
8.And so many more...

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
View attachment 43448
Name: Porpatane
Type: Bug Grass
Oh, good God.

Anatomy, pleeeease. It's not shaped naturally. You should really try to find a tutorial to help you here.

Shading, same, tutorial.

And... just the color itself is pretty aesthetically displeasing. Try to pay more attention to detail. I'm not going to dismiss your scratch, but you need to try harder.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
Years
a sock monster. How does it look (also posted in my sprite thread)
That's the coolest sock ever!
I have no advice to give

But then I would've had to move the arms and hands. I originally made the guitar smaller but I got to the strings and found that only maybe two fo them would fit on it.

Other than that it's pretty decent right?
I couldn't say because that's pretty much the only thing you did. Couldn't you at least move the guitar and hands down a little?

~Night

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Yeah, I'm not sure why you zoomed in. Show us what the sprite looked like before you zoomed in for a proper C+C.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Here are some of the first fusions i made. I know they're not the greatest..lol. But practice makes perfect. right?

xfuged.jpg
nco1us.png
f4fhpz.png
1zb6qsl.png

Balaczter

Pokemon Sprite Artist
Years
attachment.php

Ok, you have to admit, this is bad.

But I believe in pointing out good AND bad things. I'll give you some tips to help (Although don't blame yourself if it doesn't turn out better. I'm not exactly a brilliant scratch spriter).

First of all, see the left arm? I think you should maybe change it completely. In sprite, there should NEVER be very long, straight lines unless it's meant to look machine-like. Same with the left-hand side of the head. The bit where the sycthe is instead of the hand is also too pointy. Try and copy what you did with the right, it looks perfect!

The head needs a short neck, just to make it look a bit more life-like. Also, maybe some horns/feelers/ears? And the mouth and eyebrows shouldn't be that big and bold. Tone them done a little, espicially at the ends.

The lighting is great on the head! But, you need to redo the legs and eyes a little. The bottom highlights on the legs haven't got any shading, full stop. Need to fix that. On the eyes, if you replaced the black with white

The belly lines also need toned down. They really jump out at you. They need to sort of blend in and be unoticable at first glance.

The feet look a bit weird. Some toes should fix that.

Maybe you could try this again from a different angle? This one is a bit awkward.

If you try some of my tips, it might look better. Good luck in spriting, and hope to see lots from you. :D

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Okay, what darkwiz said wasn't exactly appropriate, but this:
as i said its my first one i really cant help it
is not the right attitude! ;)

Now, I'm here to help you, as well as many other people are. And you can help it: just listen to what we say, think it trough and try to modify your sprites a bit so that evetually, they're perfect!

First, the boy dressed in red.
There's a lot of good things about this sprite. The colours, for example, are harmonic and realistic. Also the shadings are made with suitable colours and that's not always the case. The shadings are pretty well done and the outline is almost excellent. His left hand (the one that's on the right side) is a bit too thick on the shoulder, you should fix that and it'll look a lot better. Also, the cape looks a bit awkward, but that's nothing big. Try to make some more curves into it and I think it'll be fine, too.
The face, I have to say, is excellent for a first scratch! Heck, I've done this for a lot already and I still can't do even acceptable faces. Thubs up on this one, mate. You could use multiple shades on the face, though, so that it'd look more natural. Again, nothing very big, but I can promise you the outcome will look better.

Then, the fakemon.
That one has a lot of work to be done. For starters, it looks a lot like Scyther. originality for the win! Secondly, I don't think you've paid this enough time and effort. It looks like you rushed it: the shadings are a bit off, the upper scythe is too angular, its feet seem to be a bit snowman-ish and the face is a bit off, too. Judging by the first one, you are a decent spriter, so I presume you have done this one in a hurry. Maybe you should revise it, think of another pose and add something to it. That way you could really have a better outcome. Balaczter kind of covered this already, so I'm not going to say a lot more.
Again, the colours are excellent: they are harmonic and realistic.

Keep practicing and one day you'll outsprite us all! ;)

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018

&

My 2 best sprites. Whaduya think, huh, huh?

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Thanks, Pikachu is my favorite. I posted Buizel, Because on DeviantArt it's my most popular ...

Years
Pikachu's head is abit too big, also his ears could use some fixings.
You shaded it quite well though.
Buizel is better i say, you shaded it abit wrong and need to work on the anatomy but other then that it's a nice sprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back