• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I guess in a battle between the two, Wallace has the obvious advantage with all his Water-types with Steven having a lot of Ground/Rock types. But overall, Steven is most definitely more capable than him. He has a lot more of a balanced team, in my opinion, and he gave me more trouble than Wallace ever did.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
If we would consider type advantage as the ONLY factor, Wallace would win of course, since he practically owns Cradily, Armaldo, Skarmory, Claydol, and Aggron with Hydro Pump/Surf/ Ice Beam. Only Metagross could resist them, type-wise. However, if we will consider everything, Steven is really more than capable. I mean, look how Metagross alone could sweep his team, barring Milotic and possibly Gyarados. Even Skarmory could lay waste to Steven's team.

psyanic

Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Yeah, in the context of other media, Steven would kick Wallace's preppy ass. Metagross would take Milotic down with Earthquake or something, but with Gyarados it's like a stalemate. Anyway, Steven just seems stronger in a way. I've always seen Wallace as like a Contest Champion rather than with battle prowess.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I've always seen Wallace as like a Contest Champion rather than with battle prowess.

I agree with you here. Wallace would beat Steven in that, no doubt. Steven would not stand a chance. Or a little. But not enough to actually win the contest 50% of the time.

psyanic

Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Steven would suck at contests. No, really, he likes battling and, guess what? Rocks! He's a rock collector and I found that really interesting about him. That interest really set him apart from the other Champions before, like Red and Blue and Lance. They were all about battling, but Steven looked like battling was second to rocks. He loved rocks and minerals and that really gave a stronger impression on me. The same with Wallace, except I don't like him as a Champion xD

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Friend: Lance

Partner: Dragonite

Reason for joining group:
1. I respect battling the champions of the game.. I love that feeling of determination you get when battling somebody with so much to throw at you and not a great deal of trainers do that in the games..
2. Lance is my favorite partially because I love dragon types
3. Lance is by far the cooler looking guy (I'm looking at you alder with your poncho and I'm shaking my head)

Welcome! Sorry I have been unable to post here, just life battered me around a ton this week.

On the topic of the contests, I think Cynthia might stand a chance against wallace, maybe lance too, but not really anyone else.

The dragon tamer

Legendary Dragon Sage
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2016
Name:The dragon tamer/Draco

Friend:Lance

Partner: Dragonite

Reason for Joining:
The champions are supposed to be the most powerful trainers in the games and this means that their difficulty level is very high.This is the first reason I like them.I also like the way they battle and their overall role in the games.My favourite champion is Lance mostly because of my love and interest in Dragon-type pokemon.But I also like Cynthia because of her balanced team and her important role in the history of 4th generation games.

Who informed of the club (If needed):Nobody

mineox100

Hey.
Years
Name: mineox100

Friend: Red

Partner: Pikachu

Reason for Joining: Red is one of the strongest trainers I know.

Who informed you of the club (If needed): Nobody

The dragon tamer

Legendary Dragon Sage
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2016
In think that the champion that I had more fun battling is Cynthia because the first time I battled against her I didn't know anything about her team and that increased her difficulty level drastically.This battle was so intense that I had to put all my strategies in action so I can win.It was the best battle I have ever had!

As for the topic of the contests,I agree with Cosmotone8 that Cynthia would be a very good opponent for Wallace but especially Steven wouldn't stand a chance against him.His team is one of the best ones for battling but not for contests.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
I never got far in any game, so I only battled Cynthia and Steven.
Steven weren't really hard because he focus on two or one types and I just brought my Fire and Fighting types Pokemon. Cynthia was harder because she had many different types, I transfered a few of my GBA Pokemon to the game and I still lost. On the 5th try,
I finally won with my Walrein using Blizzard on her Garchomp! So I say that Cynthia is a much stronger opponent than Steven. Maybe the strongest.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2013
Can we do rematches for the champions? if so

Name ZalelikesCookies

Friend Lance

Partner Salamence

Reason for joining Lance is the coolest ever and has an epic theme

Who informed you of the club (If needed): Nobody

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Im not sure what you are asking really. What do you mean by rematches?
I think he meant the 2nd playthrough against the Elite Fours/Champion Pokemon, since Lance doesn't have Salamence till after you go through Kanto's gyms.(To shorten it up, he wants Salamence as his partner)

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
Name: Mavy

Friend: Red

Partner: Charizard

Reason for Joining: i want to be a champion!!!

Who informed you of the club: Nobody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back