• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Edited the sandy dirt path so it can be used on mountains \0/
mountain_stroll_by_pokemondeepbalance-d4dcfnp.png

Opinions please :3

EDIT: Edited the screensize and added some new tiles, suggested by Darkdoom3000.

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I thought I'd post this here since it was VampireKrimm who made me want to make a gif after seeing some in his game post lol.

FanSpinning.gif

A shot from the second floor of the Protector school building in ZENFORMS.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I thought I'd post this here since it was VampireKrimm who made me want to make a gif after seeing some in his game post lol.

FanSpinning.gif

A shot from the second floor of the Protector school building in ZENFORMS.

Very nice Stephen its nice to see the game progressing nicely. I remember when these tiles were on the books XD Its looking very smooth, defiantly in part to do with the 32X32 tiles and the style of them. Looking foreword to more as all way bro.

warpras

Chief of Pokémon Time Version
Years
Hi. Here's a screen of my game, Pokémon Time Version.
ptv_new_grounds_in_holodrium_by_warpras-d4i22ty.png

Enjoy and comment please!

Last edited:
Years
Those tiles look fantastic! I haven't seen them anywhere else before, that may be because i've been away for a year or so, but they look great all the same.

I like the Path, isn't that HGSS?

warpras

Chief of Pokémon Time Version
Years
Those tiles look fantastic! I haven't seen them anywhere else before, that may be because i've been away for a year or so, but they look great all the same.

I like the Path, isn't that HGSS?

Thanks. It's normal that you never saw these tiles, because they are semi-custom. They are based from HGSS.

And yes, it's an HGSS path -> Goldenrod city.

(Sorry for bad english)

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
@Warpras Awesome, I like it, very cool

@renekokkie I like the mode7 your using looks good not choppy, i'll check out your thread if ya got one...

@ZeroArmada I dont like the overuse of fogs in them screens

oh and I have to admit the games being produced these days are looking real good...

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
I haven't posted anything on here in a while so here are some screenies from my new, non-pokemon related project:

SS32-2.png

SS31.png

Credits go to Kymotonian, Pokemon-Diamond and HellopeopleoftheUS (from dA).

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
pdb__flocoa_city_gym_by_p_sign-d4kdqyy.png

New screenshot from my RMXP Fangame, Pokemon Deep Balance. Visit for more information.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, finally an update. I didn't have time to work on Deep Balance lately due to some preliminary exams (the results are terrible though, strangely enough), so I hope you enjoy this screenshot. I'm using a new tileset from now on, with BW buildings instead of 's. I've also redone the textbox; it looks way better now, in my opinion.

List of credits will be in the archive of beta 2.

DarkShadow21

Master of dark fire!!
Years
I thought maybe i should put a screenshot up on here to let people know about my game Pokemon Titanium. I do have a thread for it i just don't have a whole bunch of stuff on it so it's in the beginner's showcase. So here's a screenshot of the badgecase menu
pokemon_titanium_badge_menu_pt1_by_darkness2118-d4jvuk8.png

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
I thought maybe i should put a screenshot up on here to let people know about my game Pokemon Titanium. I do have a thread for it i just don't have a whole bunch of stuff on it so it's in the beginner's showcase. So here's a screenshot of the badgecase menu
Why hello Falkner.

Very interesting, reminds me somewhat of the one from Black & White.

The shading on the second leader's hat looks odd, so you might want to work on that, and as for the 3rd... You may want to consider restarting from scratch, it looks very bad. Not meaning to insult you, just a couple of things you might want to work on.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I thought I'd post another ZENFORMS: Protectors screenshot here.
I might start a thread here soon about it.
Progress is going good, only about 2 months (less?) from release of version 1.0 ;).
zenforms_video_in_description_by_neo_dragoncp-d4cp5v2.png

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
I thought I'd post another ZENFORMS: Protectors screenshot here.
I might start a thread here soon about it.
Progress is going good, only about 2 months (less?) from release of version 1.0 ;).
zenforms_video_in_description_by_neo_dragoncp-d4cp5v2.png

It's starting to look good, but why the inconsistencies in the outlines on the overworld? I'd suggest using either a solid, dark outline, or use selective outlining all over the sprite. Right now the hair and hands look strange because of the differences in style. The trees and grass are simply brilliant, but seem to detailed when compared to the rest of the tiles. And what's with the random red splots on the screen? Overall it looks great, just a few nit picky things.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Thanks for the comment Conan Edogawa.
The red spots on screens are leaves blowing by. Generally blowing from right to left.
We no longer have a dedicated tile artist and this is why we have the inconsistency. Other artists (including myself) have added tiles to the tilesets that we have needed and they do show a lower quality compared to the original tile artist's work (since he was amazing).
I'll also look into editing the color outlines of the OWs.
Editing to existing resources can be pretty easy to do and generally improved over time.
I'll work on it ;)
Again - thanks for the comment. That's what I was looking for.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
@Neo-Dragon
Yes, I agree about the inconsities with OW's, that was my one problem. But otherwise it looks great and I cant wait! Good luck on finishing it. or well first release.
Hope you dont mind but I also do spread the word a little bit of this game to my friends. Getting people interested ;)

@DarkShadow21
The layout looks pretty nice.

DarkShadow21

Master of dark fire!!
Years
Why hello Falkner.

Very interesting, reminds me somewhat of the one from Black & White.

The shading on the second leader's hat looks odd, so you might want to work on that, and as for the 3rd... You may want to consider restarting from scratch, it looks very bad. Not meaning to insult you, just a couple of things you might want to work on.

thank you for the advice. I'll work on the mugshots. and as for falkner he's just a placeholder for now until i get the chance to make the mugshot of the first gym leader.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years

Hope you dont mind but I also do spread the word a little bit of this game to my friends. Getting people interested ;)

Of course I don't. In fact - thanks for spreading the word. I'm a bedroom coder, so anyone helping spread the word of the game is really helping me since I don't have a marketing team or anything like that ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back