• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Pokéballs

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
^^ Yup. Also why only have type specified for bug and water? Can't we have fire balls, grass balls, steel balls (no pun intended) and so on? That would be cool.

I would love for this... even if the capture chance is just 10% more. I think now that GF have moved up graphically they should go all out with Poke balls emerging effects and graphics.

I would love to see my Charizard coming out of a blazing pokeball fiery explosion!... maybe even return with the pokeball customizing of Diamond and Pearl (Although I'm not certain if they did away with that feature in subsequent installments)

Pokemon is getting fanceeeeyyyyy

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
How about a Pokeball that is just plain whatever colour it wants to be but changes colour/pattern to match the primary type of whatever Pokemon is in it? Like the hall of fame in Gen V.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
I normally only use Quick Balls, and then Dusk/Ultra Balls if it fails depending on the time of day.

Perhaps a Poke Ball that works better when a Pokemon is in a specific health range? Like something that's awesome when a Pokemon's within 40%-50% health instead. I'm not sure how much use that would be though.

Or balls that are better if it's raining or hailing or sunny or something.

Come to think of it, with the diversity we have now, I don't think we'll get any new ones. I mean, what further use would they have?

Though Poke Balls designed to have more decorative send-out animations would be welcome.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Someone pointed out that on the trailer there is a part that shows some really weird round buildings that resemble the buildings used in Pokemon XD by the bad guys. Who used snag balls.

Could it be that in this game there will be snag balls? I hope not.

Oh wow, that would certainly give a darker theme to the games... I doubt it, but it'd be kind of awesome to have something like Snag Balls as necessary.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I was disappointed that Gen V didn't bring about new pokeballs. Hopefully they will create new ones here, like a magnetic ball that captures steel and electric types.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
In the cameo appearances, I remember some members talking about Kurt making a return. If he did come back, he might add some new pokeballs, though it is unlikely, and we probably won't have apricorn this generation (but maybe something similar...).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I always get stoked when it comes to new PokeBalls, the feeling you get when choosing a Pokeball to catch a Pokemon is thrilling. And, I just like collecting items such as Pokeballs.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Lets have a Fur Ball to catch all the cutesy cuddly pokemon easier!!!!

If we have a Dusk Ball then maybe we should have an equivalent to that for a Day related ball. If they have a Dive Ball for Underwater then if we have a Desert make one for that and if they have Sandstorms. A Thermo Ball maybe to catch Fire and Ice teams. I like the ideas of Magnet Ball for perhaps Steel as well. I think Weight based Ball should come back as well.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I think type balls, would come in handy, maybe Magma Ball (Fire), Crystal Ball (Ice), Natural Ball (Grass) etc. and like Kenshin5 mentioned maybe a Sunrise ball for the morning xD

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Oh wow, that would certainly give a darker theme to the games... I doubt it, but it'd be kind of awesome to have something like Snag Balls as necessary.
Hmm... yeah, probably not Snag Balls, but I think that idea is on to something. I was kind of thinking the evil team might have some kind of DNA altering ball, as the theme seems to be genetics. Obviously, I don't think you would ever get to use the ball, considering it might be destroyed at the end of the story, or its just too evil, etc.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
We haven't had any new buyable Poke Balls since DP, so I doubt we'll get any new buyable Balls. Besides, I think the current number is enough.

However, I can see the possibility of a special ball if they have something like the Safari Zone or Bug Catching Contest or Poke Park or w/e.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmm... yeah, probably not Snag Balls, but I think that idea is on to something. I was kind of thinking the evil team might have some kind of DNA altering ball, as the theme seems to be genetics. Obviously, I don't think you would ever get to use the ball, considering it might be destroyed at the end of the story, or its just too evil, etc.

Maybe you might get to use it like, you could alter the DNA to make a Pokemon good, and therefore capture it. And in the third game, somehow the hero aka you lose control of the ball, so the Pokemon is evil. Well, either way a one time use would be awesome.

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
I am thinking along the lines of revising the Love Ball to make it more useful and giving a counterpart the "Rivalry Ball" that is highly effective on the Pokemon of the Same Gender as yours.

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
I want EVERY pokemon to return. And even have some new ones too :)

And maybe have some color balls? Like Pink ball, Black ball, Red ball etc. And those Pokeball would work better on Pokemon that are the same color as the Pokeball :)

Yea. Maybe put Kurt back in and maybe dye pokeballs? Maybe?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Apricorns & Pokeballs

Anyone remember the Gold/Silver days when you could create Pokeballs using Apricorns? Pokeballs like the Friend Ball, Lover Ball, Moon Ball, etc. Would you like to see those return, but more new ones?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Anyone remember the Gold/Silver days when you could create Pokeballs using Apricorns? Pokeballs like the Friend Ball, Lover Ball, Moon Ball, etc. Would you like to see those return, but more new ones?

I'd honestly prefer new ones, to give us... a new fresh idea of what to do with them, but, if pokeballs like that return, I wouldn't mind it!

Back