• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
Whelp, went to a match over here today to see Del Piero play for Sydney, given it'd be neat to see a legend of the game and etc. But he did not turn up! =(

Ah well, I'll take my team's entertaining 7-2 win over Sydney instead then. =D Was well worth it, if unexpected!

There's always Emile Heskey. Heskey is the only legend.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
He has been doing well for Newcastle actually thus far. But he plays for the team that's the biggest rival with the one I support so screw that. =p

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
You can't possibly overate the Zlatan. Zlatan sets his own standards.
The English media only overate premiership players, Rooney's one example.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
So, Di Matteo has been fired by Abramovich. Discuss how insane this is.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Chelsea firing their coach? I'm so surprised I blinked once when reading the news at work. Althoght maybe it was just some dust getting in my eye. Probably.

Also, I'm really happy to see that rookies Málaga moved on as group leaders with one game to go yet!

IKawaiiThief

Summer Sakura Trainer!
Years
Well, for those that don't remember, I'm a Barcelona and Spain fan. I've been supporting Barca since I was 4 and I will always love them, and I've been supporting Spain since the 2006 World Cup.

Real Betis 1-0 Real Madrid

O....M......G This was music to my ears when I heard this! If we win tomorrow, we'll be 11 frickin' points clear of Madrid! Albeit away to Levante is a really hard game, one which we always seem to struggle with, and look at last season when we won 1-2 away to Levante ( I mean in my opinion the penalty on Cuenca was valid but other people have other opinions ). However, the team's on really good form right now, and so to is record-breaking Leo Messi, so we should win, but I know it's going to be no cakewalk. I probably predict another 1-2 to Barca.

Oh and my Top 5 favorite players are:

1. Lionel Messi
2. Andres Iniesta
3. Cesc Fabregas
4. David Villa
5. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Years
Who cares about the bad Madrid team anyway. The good one is still just 3 points behind (tied right now before Barça start their match) and we'll visit the Camp Nou in two weeks. I'm so excited this season is unbelieveable XD

1- Barça 34 (12 games)
2- Atlético 34 (13 games)
3- R Madrid 26 (13)

IKawaiiThief

Summer Sakura Trainer!
Years
Levante 0-4 Barcelona FT

Barcelona 11 points above Real Madrid but still a mere 3 above Atletico! Messi at the double to take his tally up to 82 this year as well!

Madrid derby next weekend, and as much as I never thought I'd say this, I hope Madrid win, cause yeah, the good Madrid team, Atletico are still within sight, so we need to now gain some ground on them. Odds are, btw Went, that we're winning that game against you guys though, sorry to say.

EDIT: Next up is Barcelona-Alaves at the Camp Nou, I may go to see this one live since my grandpa bought us three tickets to the Camp for this game! We're already defending a 3-0 lead, so I really don't know why I'm even going to bother to go, but hey, it's going to be the first time I visit the Camp Nou since we lost to Real Madrid 2-1 back in April!

ANOTHER EDIT: Wow this is more inactive than Serebii's Football Thread, lol!

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Hahah Norwich are now only 2 points off Arsenal.
IjBjL.jpg

Ivysaur

Years
Well, that surreal miracle run is finally over and last season's CL can now be considered but a distant nightmare. Apparently Chelsea used up all their "can't believe it's happening" luck for at least two seasons. Meanwhile, City is as pathetic as ever. Keep on the great job guys.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
>Torres actually shooting
>Torres actually growing some balls and taking a pen
>Torres actually scoring

Also
tumblr_meh5yff7vz1rdg4zpo1_400.gif

Quarter of the season unbeaten.

Years
This thread really does die when I go on my regular disappearances doesn't it? :P

Middlesbrough won yesterday, we've had a good season so far, but someone alarmingly showed me we were actually in a ever so slightly better position last season at this stage (when we ended up in 7th).

That's a very interesting statistic about Norwich, I wasn't even aware they were playing particularly well, all media focus is on the adventures of Michu & Swansea.

Years
I'm happy Torres is getting his goals, being a Chelsea fan, and hopefully this sort of form continues.

I reckon Sunderland could face the same situation as Villa did last season, and Martin O'Neill becoming an Alex McLeish, which is a shame because Sunderland are a pretty strong team and have players such as Sessegnon who don't deserve to be part of a team with such bad form.

Michu is a very good player, especially for £2m and is the current top scorer of the league. Swansea have settled into the Premier League very nicely and aren't so easy to beat, so well done to Norwich for scoring 4 goals at the Liberty Stadium.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
All the attention Swansea get is a bit unfair but I guess the media loves the little Welsh team doing well in the prem. Last season they only finished a single position above us and currently there's only a point in it. I agree Michu was a very shrewd signing an they're going to make some major profit on him, Swans are frail defensively though as we proved the other day.

In the not too distant future I think Swans lacking a plan b will see them drop below us, especially if we pick up that much needed striker in Jan.

Years
Falcao scored 5 goals today; Chelsea must buy him in January, need someone to back-up Torres up front. Also, if we end up playing 2 in strike then we'll probably sell 1 or 2 midfielders considering the amount we have now and Lampard coming back from injury.

Intense 3 games today in the prem, have to say that United do get lucky with their knack of scoring so late on.

Swansea will probably end up signing some of the bigger club rejects, or big defenders from leagues such as the Eredivisie. Swansea are a likeable team, they play well together.

Ivysaur

Years
If Chelsea buy Falcao, I personally will go there and burn their offices. And then ours as a part of the angry mob who will try to murder our president for losing such a beast this early.

Unless they pay us at least 100€ million + Torres, of course. Then I'd be just slightly angry.

Years
I think the 2 teams that could beat us in the Europa League are Atletico and Lazio; considering our 4-1 loss to Atletico, I think us removing their biggest threat is one way we have of winning. There has been a lot of speculation about us buying Falcao, Abramovich said he's ready to bid around £50 million.

If Chelsea play Atletico, get ready...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back