• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I guess this new Pokemon could be a earlier version of mewtwo. Perhaps Mewbeta or Halfmew would be the names.

The design of this does look like mew slightly more than the finished clone, so that's my theory.

I do hope it isn't Mewthree, too obvious.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
FTR, Movie 15 underwhelmed me entirely. They met Keldeo and devised a plan to help him. This could have been done in two anime episodes.

So I'm honestly worried for #16.

Cyclone

I enjoy watching the anime and movies, but they have always had one weakness. Story. Movie 15 was stupid because the battle between Keldeo and Kyurem meant nothing. There was no threat and nothing was a risk.

The anime has always been lackluster, even at it's best. It is still fun to watch sometimes.

Years
FTR, Movie 15 underwhelmed me entirely. They met Keldeo and devised a plan to help him. This could have been done in two anime episodes.

So I'm honestly worried for #16.

Cyclone

That's nothing really new, they've been getting progressively worse since the 4th or 5th one. Those were the last ones I've seen.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Movie 14 actually wasn't too bad. Movie 13 I haven't seen yet, nor 12, as I started the B/W series after seeing some of the D/P series.

Some anime episodes are better than others, too.

I just keep thinking of each new movie as an extended anime episode. You could in many cases fit it into three episodes of the anime. People in the U.S. didn't embrace the theatre idea, though I do recall in The Power of One the Slowking turned to the audience in the ending talking to Team Rocket, gesturing to the theatre. That was interesting, to say the least.

I liked the Lucario movie as well. I thought that one had a good story.

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
Hey guys, let's keep all talk about the movies in the Pokémon Anime forum, alright?

...I'll just pretend you all nodded your head "OK" in response to that.

I honestly believe it's a failed experiment. Probably less powerful.
This is what I think too, or at least what I'm hoping for. I like the idea of "Newtwo" being a failed experiment instead of an evolution or the obvious alternate form for Mewtwo (or Mew).

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
That was a good movie, too. :P

NEway, back on topic. The reason I'm against evolutions being at play, other than legendaries being involved, is because the "tail" on Mewtwo is "hair" on this new one. I can't see even in the most unlikely evolution scenario this happening.

Cyclone

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
That's nothing really new, they've been getting progressively worse since the 4th or 5th one. Those were the last ones I've seen.

Last one I saw, I think, was Jirachi. What was that? Fifth? Sixth? Card was cool.

As for Mewbuu, I don't really mind that Mewtwo was altered / this Pokemon was based off of Mewtwo. It doesn't "ruin" my childhood whatsoever. It takes an old storyline - create the strongest Pokemon in the world from the genes of an ultra rare, never-really-seen-before Pokemon called Mew - and revives it into something new and modern. What I really wonder is: since Team Rocket did it, why (since then) has no one else attempted it? It actually felt weird that no one else was going after what, in Kanto's age, was apparently the "strongest Pokemon in the world;" it's like the idea died with Mewtwo.

Now, given everyone's memories were erased at the end of Mewtwo Strikes Back, you might think that no one suddenly thought of it again. Well, I'm sure computer data files were not wiped (nothing mentioned of that in the film - only human memories of the "bad guys") and that paperwork and data would still be lying around HQ. The lab was destroyed in Pokemon: The First Movie, but I doubt they didn't have online back-ups or anything; thus, why didn't Team Rocket realize that they had that data, or why did no other criminal organization think about it when Mew was universally known as the "strongest Pokemon" in existence?

Or maybe they were so off elsewhere that the legend of Mew was never revealed to them? In that case, all of this region-crossing would allow for such information to fall on the ears of such a criminal organization foreign to TR and Kanto, and thus allow for a Mewbuu mutation or development to occur.

Forme or not, I'm just glad they revived something that inexplicably died with Mewtwo Strikes Back. Humans want power. If Mew is the most powerful Pokemon in existence, then someone ought to have picked up on that after the first movie's sequel; especially since they're developing more "technological" regions like Unova.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Team Rocket didn't canonly create Mewtwo in the Games. And thus far the only group that has tried to make a Powerful artificial Pokemon have been Team Plasma, of course N shut down the project so Genesect never got the same kind of Power as Mewtwo.

Either way I wonder if this new forme/new Pokemon will learn "all" moves like Mew or if it'll still have the normal Mewtwo set.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Team Rocket didn't canonly create Mewtwo in the Games. And thus far the only group that has tried to make a Powerful artificial Pokemon have been Team Plasma, of course N shut down the project so Genesect never got the same kind of Power as Mewtwo.

Either way I wonder if this new forme/new Pokemon will learn "all" moves like Mew or if it'll still have the normal Mewtwo set.

Regardless, Mewtwo appeared in R/B/Y, and the only way to explain his existence is through the anime's telling of Team Rocket creating it. Its PokeDEX data also suggests the same thing that occurred in the anime also occurred in-game, under the player's nose:

It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments.
A vicious psychic Pokémon created by genetic engineering. its cold, glowing eyes strike fear into its enemy.

Those are PokeDEX entries from R/B and Crystal. Source

It doesn't say it was Team Rocket, but they say in-game that they're always after the strongest Pokemon, and that their plans were always foiled somehow by the player. What were those plans? Conquering the world? Theirs was more geared towards finding and stealing the world's strongest Pokemon... and since Giovanni was such a powerful influence (and a lot of his "Rockets" were scientists and engineers in-game, too), it can be suggested that even in R/B/Y, Mewtwo was the result of Team Rocket's lust for the world's most powerful Pokemon. Also, a lone team of scientists probably wouldn't have the funding Giovanni could have made available, being a mobster and all (and just look at that suit; the guy's obviously loaded). If he didn't start it, I bet'cha Giovanni at least funded the operation.

That's what I'm going with, anyway. Regardless, Team Rocket or not, it was genetically engineered, so why did no one attempt this after Mewtwo "ran away" and hid in Cerulean Cave, apparently never to be seen again (until you stumble on it... but that's not even part of the storyline and could be skipped / missing entirely)?

Still doesn't make much sense, and still makes me happy to see that after four generations (not including R/B/Y), this was finally revisited. Yay, Mewbuu.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2013
I'm fairly certain its a new pokemon because if its Mewtwo's evolved form....ughh yeah with eviolite, Mewtwo would become a absolute monster. He would have crazy high def/spd, in addition to his already high spe/spa. Its more likely to be Mewtwo's baby form if its related to Mewtwo.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
It doesn't say it was Team Rocket, but they say in-game that they're always after the strongest Pokemon, and that their plans were always foiled somehow by the player. What were those plans? Conquering the world? Theirs was more geared towards finding and stealing the world's strongest Pokemon... and since Giovanni was such a powerful influence (and a lot of his "Rockets" were scientists and engineers in-game, too), it can be suggested that even in R/B/Y, Mewtwo was the result of Team Rocket's lust for the world's most powerful Pokemon. Also, a lone team of scientists probably wouldn't have the funding Giovanni could have made available, being a mobster and all (and just look at that suit; the guy's obviously loaded). If he didn't start it, I bet'cha Giovanni at least funded the operation.

That's what I'm going with, anyway. Regardless, Team Rocket or not, it was genetically engineered, so why did no one attempt this after Mewtwo "ran away" and hid in Cerulean Cave, apparently never to be seen again (until you stumble on it... but that's not even part of the storyline and could be skipped / missing entirely)?

Still doesn't make much sense, and still makes me happy to see that after four generations (not including R/B/Y), this was finally revisited. Yay, Mewbuu.

It's a convenient explanation, but it's head canon based on how little the game tells us.

Adding spice to it, it's possible Giovanni was after the Master Ball (I'm not sure why he invaded Silph but this is a likely reason) with the specific intent of capturing Mewtwo.

But really, Mewtwo and the whole Cerulean Cave are just a reward for completing the game. They added a little story to justify his existence, but that's all.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Yeah, can only speculate since nothing's actually said :v we'll always interpret things the way we want to see 'em anyway lol unless we're told from Nintendo otherwise.

Should see all the Mewbuu complaint threads on Facebook lol I'm in one group for X&Y and people are annngrrryyyyy XD but like I said, I'm glad they're revisiting something that was suddenly dropped after Gen I.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Now that Yusshin mentions it, the First Movie and Mewtwo Strikes back aside, in-game there really isn't much we know about Mewtwo and its specific origins or history. So I actually do appreciate them taking the opportunity of the genetics storyline that will likely take place in X/Y and revisiting something that is actually still a bit of mystery today.

I still genuinely hope that Newtwo is its Pokémon though. It seems like it'll be easier to explain than Mewtwo suddenly getting some sort of new form anyway.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I wonder... when this Pokemon is introduced, I assume that we'll see it somewhat in a setting like we did in Mewtwo's original movie...? By this I'm referring connected to a machine etc, and that'd be how this one is brought to life too??

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
When they first Announced 'Mewthree' all I asked to myself was..."So Pokemon Scientists/Team Rocket didn't learn anything, previously from the ordeal that Mewtwo brought up"

Mewthree is prob like a lot of people stated a borderline fail and success. Either way. It's Mewtwo vs Mewtwo and Freezas love child, Mewthree. If it comes down to a fight of course.

In-game or movie/show wise

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Thought about this last night. Cinnabar has that destroyed lab with Mew documents. Inside, there are scientists that use very Rocket-like Pokemon. It's similar to the movie where Mewtwo destroys the Rocket's lab and escapes to some off-coast rickety ol' island-like cave thing to clone its own Pokemon (Cerulean Cave?)

I'm just thinking that since the Mewtwo story wasn't really a "big thing" in R/B/Y (it was a small post-game side-quest with brief explanation, if you chose to read them, on Cinnabar Island), the company may have tried to better explain what occurred through the movies. Makes sense, anyway. Also, someone mentioned maybe they took over Silph Co. for the MasterBall... After Mewtwo's escape, is it not possible that they wanted the MasterBall to firmly capture and seal Mewtwo from ever disappearing again? Especially since in-game, Giovanni is automatically Badge Eight, meaning any caught Pokemon *has* to obey. If he used the MasterBall on his escaped-Mewtwo, it would have to obey him and conquering the world would never be easier for him.

Gen VI ought to be a way for them to actually explain, sans movie references, what happened with Mewtwo, and if Team Rocket was ever involved as shown in the film (and minorly suggested in the games).

Again,

- Giovanni employs Rocket scientists to make the world's most powerful Pokemon from Mew's genes /non-canon
- Scientific Lab on Cinnabar (with scientists carrying "traditional" Rocket Pokemon) is destroyed /canon&non-canon
- Mewtwo escapes and isolates himself on an island /canon&non-canon
- Silph Co. is taken over by Team Rocket and Giovanni. Silph Co. is famous for its PokeBall technology; thus, Giovanni was probably after a MasterBall /canon&speculation
- Giovanni plotted to use the MasterBall against Mewtwo, his escaped "creation" /speculation

And it's possible the new team (or maybe TR returns) finds the scattered papers at Cinnabar Lab and Mewbuu is the result of that? We shall see.

Years
I have a feeling that if it is a forme, they won't use the same forme change method in the anime as in the games similar to how Kyurem changed formes freely in the anime, but had to fuse with one of the other dragons in the game. Either way I look forward to playing the games to find out the truth behind this new Mewtwo forme/ Mewtwoesque pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Thought about this last night. Cinnabar has that destroyed lab with Mew documents. Inside, there are scientists that use very Rocket-like Pokemon. It's similar to the movie where Mewtwo destroys the Rocket's lab and escapes to some off-coast rickety ol' island-like cave thing to clone its own Pokemon (Cerulean Cave?)

I'm just thinking that since the Mewtwo story wasn't really a "big thing" in R/B/Y (it was a small post-game side-quest with brief explanation, if you chose to read them, on Cinnabar Island), the company may have tried to better explain what occurred through the movies. Makes sense, anyway. Also, someone mentioned maybe they took over Silph Co. for the MasterBall... After Mewtwo's escape, is it not possible that they wanted the MasterBall to firmly capture and seal Mewtwo from ever disappearing again? Especially since in-game, Giovanni is automatically Badge Eight, meaning any caught Pokemon *has* to obey. If he used the MasterBall on his escaped-Mewtwo, it would have to obey him and conquering the world would never be easier for him.

Gen VI ought to be a way for them to actually explain, sans movie references, what happened with Mewtwo, and if Team Rocket was ever involved as shown in the film (and minorly suggested in the games).

Again,

- Giovanni employs Rocket scientists to make the world's most powerful Pokemon from Mew's genes /non-canon
- Scientific Lab on Cinnabar (with scientists carrying "traditional" Rocket Pokemon) is destroyed /canon&non-canon
- Mewtwo escapes and isolates himself on an island /canon&non-canon
- Silph Co. is taken over by Team Rocket and Giovanni. Silph Co. is famous for its PokeBall technology; thus, Giovanni was probably after a MasterBall /canon&speculation
- Giovanni plotted to use the MasterBall against Mewtwo, his escaped "creation" /speculation

And it's possible the new team (or maybe TR returns) finds the scattered papers at Cinnabar Lab and Mewbuu is the result of that? We shall see.

Only thing I have to say is, Giovanni WAS after the Masterball. He wanted the company to make more for his plans to steal all the Pokemon and rule the world through force. That's not really a what if scenario, he was trying to steal the Masterball until you stop him.

Whether it was for Mewtwo can be speculated, but he was after it cause it was the ultimate Pokeball.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Only thing I have to say is, Giovanni WAS after the Masterball. He wanted the company to make more for his plans to steal all the Pokemon and rule the world through force. That's not really a what if scenario, he was trying to steal the Masterball until you stop him.

Whether it was for Mewtwo can be speculated, but he was after it cause it was the ultimate Pokeball.
Imagine if one of those was used on the Team Rocket Meowth. I'd be curious what would happen if that story comes to pass one day, as he's already been tried in regular Pokéballs. But that's off-topic, so I won't comment further than that.

So I've seen all sorts of names for this "Mewthree". What might GF use, based on what he know (unpredictability) of them?

Cyclone

Years
Funny how Team Aqua (and Magma in Ruby) had the Masterball in their place but seemed to have forgotten it when they went to go get the Mascot (or their respective legendary for Emerald), would've been easier if they had just kept it...Cyrus just gave us the Master ball (well in Pt) because he didn't think he'll need it.

Maybe the evil team should try using it again...

Anyways on topic, I see this new Mewtwo forme/Mew clone having a higher Sp atk than Mewtwo's normal forme.

Back