• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

11wildy

Me!
Years
There's a few nice ideas in there! but I don't really want the challenge to require a randomizer. I'm keeping it open to player's choice. I will probably take gender-lock, no dual type and I want something with the alphabet... Still thinking about that.

11wildy

Me!
Years
The point was to make it completely possible to play using only your cartridge. If people want to randomize stuff, they are still allowed to. As well as some people choosing their own order of rules and other randomizing them, that's all fine!

That's just opening up more possibilities, which is Always good imo. Challenge will be posted in like 3 weeks, when I'm back from holidays, so I can actually manage the thread too :p.

Edit: This is what I got so far:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
When I first played Sapphire, I thought Brawly was a Water Gym Leader because his sign outside the gym says something about crashing and I thought of crashing waves, lmao.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Challenges on Motorcycles!! [CI&D]

Doea thatean the 4008th post is 8 times better? That makes my post more awesome than yours, Syd! :-) xD

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
When I first played Sapphire, I thought Brawly was a Water Gym Leader because his sign outside the gym says something about crashing and I thought of crashing waves, lmao.

Syd can read the future O.o Water gym one gen later revolving around crashing waves.

Years
You know what would be fun? =3 To have a challenge in which you gotta play as Ash - Ash almost always uses the type that's weak to the one he is fighting and he almost always wins because he believes in his pokemon xD By the way thanks to that person who came up with challenges xD If there were no challenges I'd die because of boredom before I get my paws on x and y - I already played every game/hack there is :/

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
You know what would be fun? =3 To have a challenge in which you gotta play as Ash - Ash almost always uses the type that's weak to the one he is fighting and he almost always wins because he believes in his pokemon xD By the way thanks to that person who came up with challenges xD If there were no challenges I'd die because of boredom before I get my paws on x and y - I already played every game/hack there is :/

I'm pretty sure you could just use the Anime character challenge for something like that, right?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Challenges on Motorcycles!! [CI&D]

Syd, when is the event in August gonna be confirmed? I feel like doing a challenge but if I do, I won't have any more cartridges to play with @_@
Just a confirmed date to know when you'll be putting it out there on the forums :)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years

Just returning after a series of long absences from PC, but last time I was here there was both an Anime Challenge as well as a "Gym Disadvantage Challenge" in which you could ONLY use Pokemon in the gym that were weak to the gym's type. If those aren't there anymore, you could always do one of those anyways! That's the great thing about this board; even if a challenge goes inactive, that doesn't mean its not a challenge anymore!

Years
Just returning after a series of long absences from PC, but last time I was here there was both an Anime Challenge as well as a "Gym Disadvantage Challenge" in which you could ONLY use Pokemon in the gym that were weak to the gym's type. If those aren't there anymore, you could always do one of those anyways! That's the great thing about this board; even if a challenge goes inactive, that doesn't mean its not a challenge anymore!

Gym disadvantage challenge sounds fun to me :3 I'll defenitely try that out :3 And anime character challenge aswell as soon as I am done with these that I am doing right now ^_^

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So I'm planning on making a challenge which was heavily influenced by the Oh my god Challenge. I'll base it on the main gods of Olympus and with each god, you'll be restricted to only some certain types and I'll also add in some clauses to each god as well :)

What do you guys think of the idea of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back