• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What shiny do you want more than anything else?

machupichu18

I like Cereal!
Years
Yes, it's the question everyone asks, what shiny do you want to get and why. I'm asking this just to see what anyone is hoping for. I know there are already posts like this, but I'm pretty sure there is none like this. You're probably wondering what mine is, right? It's houndour. A shiny, blue houndour. I just want a shiny mega houndoom, and also I like dogs, they're wonderful and houndour is a dog with bones comming out of it. I am currently trying to mesuda method it, but no luck. I just really hope I can get one. Anyway, I can't wait to see what pokemon you want!

Guy

just a guy
Years
I've always wanted a shiny Venomoth, Lapras, Glalie, Togekiss, Reuniclus, and I'd love to have a shiny Aegislash. Each of their shiny colorings are just so vibrant and they looks completely natural whereas that's not always the case. I've never attempted to get any of them despite how much I'd love to have any one of these shinies. However, I am currently breeding Togepi in Y using the Masuda Method to finally knock getting a Shiny Togekiss off my shiny wishlist and adding it to my post-game competitive battling team. Maybe if I work up the time and determination I might try for the others in the future as well.

Anyhoo! Since this is a rather broad discussion and not just something that applies only to X and Y, I'm gonna move this on over to Pokémon Gaming Central.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I would love a shiny team to be honest, but most of all, I'd like a shiny Furret!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I would love to have in shiny: Furret, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Buizel, Floatzel.... and of course Patrat and Watchog.

I didn't mention MIenfoo or Mienshao since I already caught one.... I wouldn't mind catching another one in X or Y.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Shiny Greninja looks absolutely awesome, really fits the ninja motif it's going for.

Usually I'm not a fan of shiny colours to be honest, I'd never go out of my way to get one unless it looked really sick. I guess I like Shiny Charizard too, but other than that I'll leave getting shinies to chance!

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
Years
If I could only have ONE shiny in the world, it would be a Shuckle. I have one on Pearl actually, need to get it onto X.

If we're talking ones we don't have, I'm unsure. If I can't think of one that looks cool then a rare one...

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Never really had the urge to get any shiny Pokemon, I don't really know how much look like anyway. I do have a couple though, like Wooper and Oddish on Diamond and Sapphire.

Actually, one shiny that does look pretty sweet that I wouldn't mind going out of my way for is Ponyta, those blue flames!

Feunard

Random Trainer
Years
I've been trying to get a shiny ninetales for a while now. I actually do have two shiny vulpix in platinum from chaining but they're both boys and I want a girl. In Y I could use the masuda method but I recently got into IVs so I want a (near) perfect shiny ninetales with drought. I feel like I'm asking for too much.

Terff

the unimportant
Years
I've been trying to get a shiny ninetales for a while now. I actually do have two shiny vulpix in platinum from chaining but they're both boys and I want a girl. In Y I could use the masuda method but I recently got into IVs so I want a (near) perfect shiny ninetales with drought. I feel like I'm asking for too much.

Probably wouldn't be hard to RNG a perfect shiny female vulpix

Anyways if I were to get any shiny it would probably be a magikarp, exeggutor (I got a perfect shiny exeggutor from a trade I was so stoked, but its name is in japanese =_=) or a honchkrow

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Shiny Latios is one of my favorites. I really need to get off my lazy butt and RNG the one in Black 2 like I said I would. I've been so lazy with RNGing the past year. Ugh. And I also want a shiny Braixen. Other than that, there aren't any shinies I'm really after. I can RNG in gen V, so if the urge comes about, I can get it easily without anguish. :3

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 31, 2013
Keep going machu, you'll get your shiny Houndour!

As for me, I've already MM a shiny (actually 2) of my favorite poke, Rhyperior, in SoulSilver waiting for me when PokeBank is out. I've also always wanted a shiny Metagross as well after seeing it debut in the anime some time ago, and so I managed to MM a shiny Beldum in X and Y!

I'm currently working on getting a shiny Hawlucha with MM. I wasn't a fan of its normal color palette, but I've really taken a liking to its shiny one. The contrast of blue, black, and red remind me of gum/candy for some reason lol.

For those that really want their shiny pokes, I'd say the time is now to go for it. X and Y has pretty much reduced the odds even further than last gen, though the exact number is still rumored, from personal experience and reading of many others experiences I believe it to be true. Also with X and Y introducing new methods, along with the old ones, there's plenty of ways to hunt for a shiny poke. Here are the methods that I can recall: Friend Safari, Horde Encounters, Random Encounters, PokeRadar, Masuda Method, and Chain Fishing. Best of luck to all who join the hunt!

Shadeh

KABOOM!
Years
I've always wanted a shiny dragonite, the only shinies I have are Empoleon and Typhlosion, sigh...and those were from eggs, I have no hope in getting a hatched shiny Dratini, lel Oh well, I might as well keep trying,
And At least I have 2 so I guess I shouldn't mope

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Same as LoudSilence, I usually don't really care for shinies - they just look kind of odd to me (magenta Kyogre just looks wrong). That said, I would want a shiny Charizard so much. Rapidash also looks pretty cool. I just wouldn't go out of my way to get a shiny, personally.

S3venAces

Amateur Pixel Artist
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Gardevoir. Shiny mega Gardevoir looks incredibly cool. Unfortunately I've had no luck with the pokeradar or Masuda method...

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
2w69zxf.jpg

so... cool...
O.O

Back