• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were to thrive on only ONE generation of Pokemon, what would it be?

If you were to thrive on only ONE generation of Pokemon, what would it be?

• Kanto

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Johto

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • I prefer mixed generations.

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
Years
Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn? There has been threads around here saying 'what's your favorite', so here something new. *discuss*

Natsuki

.bluefang.
Years
Well, if you mean like there would only be one Pokemon generation and none of the others would have existed to begin with...then I'd choose Kanto. X3 It was the original generation that started it all really, so I'd have to be in favor of that. :33 Plus, how else would I be able to have a kawaii widdle Pikachu? XD

~Kelsey

Gyarados Girl

Atrocious
Years
Kanto, I generally prefer the original 151 pokemon to the others. (Not to say I don't like some newer ones, as I do.)

In my personal opinion, the original pokemon were better thought out in general. The style of drawing is also generally better than the newer ones.

Blah! That last sentence may be somewhat poorly worded, but I think the idea was conveyed.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2012
I prefer Johto.. No huge reason, but if the question is which generation of anime show (I don't watch it much) I'd say Kanto.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
Years
I voted for Hoenn!!

There's so many things there,secret bases,contests,berry blending,contests(I said that twice right??I love contests!!^^)and most of my all time fav. pokemon are there!
Swampert/Mudkip/Marshtomp!
Gardevoir/Ralts/Kirlia!!
Swellow and Tailow.
Spoink,Grumpig.Beautifly...
And of course...Feebas!!!!XD

master chuckle

All generations have their pros and cons.
Kanto:Some fantastic creations, and the generation that started it all. However, the region itself was a bit bland, and the show was cheesy back in those days[though humourous to an extent]
Johto: I absolutley love the pokemon there, but their arn't enough of them, and there are too many babies. Also, I never got to play GSC:(
Hoenn: Love it! Great region, great characters, great games, great anime. Even though my favourite pokemon are all from here, there are a lot of crap creations, like Nosepass, volbeat, Marshtomp, Luvdisc, and Clamperl.
To cut a long story short, I love all 3 equally.

Vapreon

Unique Rocker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 11, 2005
My favourite is Kanto, even though we are discussing... OK, so what was wrong/right about Johto?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Just one? But...but...Snorlax, Ninetales, Eevee, Flareon, Vaporeon, Victreebel, Mew...Shuckle, Houndoom, Wobbuffet, Umbreon, Espeon Celebi and Dunsparce...Cradily, Feebas, Milotic, Mudkip, Svampert, Spoink, Latias...there are so many great pok?mon in every generation! I love them all! *Huggles all pok?mon* I love them to different extents though...Spinda, Nosepass, and the Regi trio? I love those five like I love snow in my shoes and arsenik in my tea...which, in case you didn't guess it, isn't very much.

Meh, I still voted Hoenn...hey, I'm only human you know! How am I supposed to say no to Cradily and Milotic?

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
Years
Alter Ego said:
Just one? But...but...Snorlax, Ninetales, Eevee, Flareon, Vaporeon, Victreebel, Mew...Shuckle, Houndoom, Wobbuffet, Umbreon, Espeon Celebi and Dunsparce...Cradily, Feebas, Milotic, Mudkip, Svampert, Spoink, Latias...there are so many great pok?mon in every generation! I love them all! *Huggles all pok?mon* I love them to different extents though...Spinda, Nosepass, and the Regi trio? I love those five like I love snow in my shoes and arsenik in my tea...which, in case you didn't guess it, isn't very much.

Meh, I still voted Hoenn...hey, I'm only human you know! How am I supposed to say no to Cradily and Milotic?
Remember, I said you could have mixed gener's if you wanted, for all those equal people here in PC, okay?

Axe Canabrava

shiny Dragonite
Years
I go with Kanto for one reason: Dragonite. I have favorites in all generations (Scizor... Xatu... Gardevoir... Absol... Marowak... Starmie), but D'Nite and Mew tipped the balance on favor of the original 151.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
Oooh~ um... let's see. X3;;;;

Kanto - They were the originals... and there was Pikachu. :x But... o_O; They're not particularly appealing. x_x;
Johto - I liked these ones! They always struck as me as... different from the others. X3;;;;
Hoenn - Maybe it's just my love for the RSE games... but... oooh, they were NICE.

But I still vote Johto, for... no reason. <<; +stupid+ I just like them a bit better.

master chuckle

I can't believe so few people voted mixed regions, it was the most versatile option.
Alter Ego, I'm glad to see you agree with me. And I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who hates Nosepass. That loathsome excuse for a critter makes my eyes burn. Maybe we should be freinds.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Kanto, hands down. It has the best balance of all types, not counting minor things like Bug, Ghost, and Dragon, which have never shown their full potential through too few pokemon of the types with good attacks throughout the three generations, and the completely superfluous Dark and Steel types, which were created only so sell GS to "lolz elements" kids who care more about variety than quality. Sentimentality aside, the Kanto pokemon are the standards of the game, have been, and always will be in my opinion. They have the most balanced starters, legendaries, and movepools among pokemon of certain types that really allow someone to make almost any team and have it be competitive with anyone else's team. You get ripped off on various types in the other two games, i.e. fire and electric in RSE, dragon, ghost, and ice in GSC. All the new attacks in the world won't matter if there aren't the pokemon to handle them. The elegant basicness of the RBY pokemon gives a feeling of confidence to any player, new or veteran, when they battle, and any of you who were around when pokemon first debuted have to admit, 150 was more than enough at the time.

Back