• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
My Serebii account has long since been deleted, but I think my Bulbagarden profile is still up there... haven't been on it in years and years and years, but I don't think it's been pruned as of yet. That being said, this was the only place I've ever really been active. Nowadays, this is the only forum I go on at all, Pokemon or not.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've been more or less active ever since I joined last year late October. I clearly remember the first few days when I was so excited and enthusiastic about joining PC I posted around 24 straight posts on the first day itself hahaha. xD It was my first time joining a forum of any type, and I felt so happy to be able to talk and discuss freely about all things Pokemon where no one would ridicule me about me being a Pokefan. xD

I did get slightly inactive from late December until earlier this year as I had lots of things to catch up on and to manage things in my life, but I gradually returned to full activity and have been ever since. xD

This, as I have mentioned, has been the first and only Pokemon forum I've registered for, and so far, my experiences with it and the members have been exceptional. I could never trade this priceless membership for the world. ^^ <3

Last edited:
Years
My first Pokemon forum, was not PC but actually Bulbagarden. I disappeared silently a week after joining cos I was hit hard by excessive mod wrath. This was before my days of Oshawott Fangirlism so you know.

I joined Serebii sometime in 2011 where I met one of my pairs, TylerSymes. I have also since joined Ever Grande, Petalburg Woods and a few other small forums, where I have served staff roles. I am pretty inactive nowadays on all except here and Ever Grande though I occasionally lurk Serebii occasionally.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
PC was pretty much by first Pokemon forum, and the only one I ever frequented. I'd read Serebii and Bulbagarden from time to time, but I never felt like I'd have much fun at either place. Been more or less active here for a while. Sort of. I went through a major period of inactivity for a few years and now I suddenly feel like posting again, it's amazing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I never saw the appeal in the small sub-communities. 80% of the members are members here, after all.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Well, with Bulbapedia at least, there seems to be more of an emphasis on Pokemon in a...community sense? The forums aren't massive, but most of the activity is in those Pokemon areas and a lot of prominent members seem to talk about Pokemon pretty regularly. Serebii's just...blargh. That place is gigantic and it's so off putting.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I have visited Bulbapedia and Serebii before not to join the forums, but only to search up some stuff about the games that I wasn't too sure about or that I curiously wanted to know. I have also taken a look at their forums, but none of them gave me the sense of the members being connected to one another.

Years
Pretty sure Serebii was the first Pokemon forum I joined back in 2006 or so but I never made more than 30 or 40 posts there I don't think. Can't get into its community since it's just so huge. ): Plus PC was so much more visually appealing since we have awesome skins. Serebii's aren't... the best haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I've found Bulbapedia to be the most together in a community sense. I try going on Serebii from time to time, but compared to PC, I find it so disorganized. I have no idea why some forums are together or why some forums don't have post count enabled.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Serebii is mean imo. :( And I didn't feel like BMGf was a community, most every thread was a poll when I wanted to visit, and I didn't really feel like I was making any friends, haha.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Serebii is mean imo. :( And I didn't feel like BMGf was a community, most every thread was a poll when I wanted to visit, and I didn't really feel like I was making any friends, haha.

True.One of the reasons that i stayed in PC was partly due to the friendly people here, the pokemon alone wouldn't have made me stay here.

PokeCommunity,Come for the Pokemon stay for the people.

Cid

Years
I'm ashamed to say I've never joined Serebii nor Bulbagarden. PC was my first forum, EGC was my second, and nothing else came after. In fact, I wish I were more active in EGC because I pretty much just joined (very recently, too) and disappeared without a word. Too bad I only have time for one forum. D:

I suppose I just stuck with the first one that I came to know. And I'm glad I did. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I've found Bulbapedia to be the most together in a community sense. I try going on Serebii from time to time, but compared to PC, I find it so disorganized. I have no idea why some forums are together or why some forums don't have post count enabled.

God, their forum layouts were so confusing. Things you would expect to be grouped together aren't and then there are just so.many.subforums. that it feels a little OCD. And by a little I mean whoamygodwhathappenedhere.

droomph

weeb
Years
There's like forty staff members and some super mods haven't been taken off the mods list and they're the mods of evvvvery forum. Not necessarily bad but at first glance it's kinda weird.

also Bulbagarden feels kinda weird. They seem to not like new people. At least that's what I ran into.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I use Bulbagarden website for Pokemon stats, abilities, and movesets. Never bothered with its forum. PC really is the only forum I'm on, short of a mass amount of suspended/banned accounts on another one. x;

11:30 and I'm just now eating breakfast. >_> Successful Monday, hmm?

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
11:30 and I'm just now eating breakfast. >_> Successful Monday, hmm?

I've been sick since Thursday. Thought I was feeling better, took a shower, got dressed and ready for class...only to have a painful reminder that I am not better yet. Successful Mondays all around!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I skipped my first class! Now I have two classes and then maybe a sporting goods store for goggles and then work work work and then exercise and then more work and then bed.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
My first forum was actually a naruto forum known as NarutoLounge back in the day; it's known as Fandom now. Once I got bored and my affinity to Pokemon arose I google searched: "pokemon forum" and PC was there!

I was very active at first, and then I sort of disappeared. I would come back to trade pokemon or whenever a new pokemon game was announced/released. This time around I've been here longer than I usually would so maybe I'll stay? lol

Woke up at 9:30, in class right now but he's reviewing stuff from last week.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hey that's how I joined PC too! Googlers unite o/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back